Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Michael graham still on new stalk?

Options
  • 26-01-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Is Michael graham still on the right hook?

Have not heard him in ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yep, heard him a few weeks ago i think. might have been just before Xmas, but definitely in the last 6 weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

No, he was not on since then,I'd say he is gone.Jess Kelly (she has a slot with PK) and Jonathan maCrea also seemed to be dropped from the Monday slot too without any announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

I miss the Newstalk thread we used to have.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Glebee wrote: »
    I miss the Newstalk thread we used to have.:(

I've started a thread about this in the Feedback forum if anyone wants to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

George and Michael seemed like good mates. Really poor form Newstalk not explaining his exit. I emailed the show and got no reply. I really enjoyed 5:30 on a Monday. Both parties must have had a disagreement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

They dropped the tech pair 3 or 4 weeks before the last budget saying in the lead up to the budget they wanted to concentrate on fiscal affairs
    I don't think they ever returned to hooks show

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

TimHorton wrote: »
    They dropped the tech pair 3 or 4 weeks before the last budget saying in the lead up to the budget they wanted to concentrate on fiscal affairs

That review is from December 2014, well after the budget.

Why they kept him on when he was dumped in the US and moved around lower level stations and then to Atlanta I've no idea as being in Boston was one of the main points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭GSF

L1011 wrote: »

Why they kept him on when he was dumped in the US and moved around lower level stations and then to Atlanta I've no idea as being in Boston was one of the main points.

Pretty obvious why he lasted so long Irish people love taking offence and he doled it out in spades Ratings gold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

L1011 wrote: »

He was in Washington D.C. (and on Hook's show) for a long time before his move to Boston. He worked for one station in Boston that changed its format from news to music, and then one other (locally syndicated) show before the move to Atlanta. The changes weren't so much about Graham, as the stations changing format, that forced his move.

I'd say he fits in better in Atlanta than he would in either Boston or Washington.

A shame he's not on Newstalk. His few minutes every week was a nice balance to Shane Coleman, Jonathan Healy and the myriad of leftie contributors across almost every "news" programme on the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

TimHorton wrote: »

The tech slot was dreadful. Neither presenter was very knowledgable and ever week it was just another new phone which was completely 'amazing' and better than the one the week before.

Advertisement