Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Mooney Goes wild ?

Options
  • 03-02-2015 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Wasn't Mooney goes wild supposed to continue at weekends ? Also wasn't Keelin Shanley supposed to get a 10pm slot on Radio 1after being axed from morning television ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Hopefully the bosses in RTE just happened to " forget" about both of those commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭tampopo

I tuned in to one of Marty Morrisey's Friday shows expecting the Wild prog.

and fwiw, till the other thread is reopened, I liked Eanna (and Richard). I had stopped listening to the Mon-Thur shows a while back, but the Friday one was good...though it got to a point where you felt they'd run out of ideas and take one topic and discuss it to death for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

xMallx wrote: »
    Wasn't Mooney goes wild supposed to continue at weekends ? Also wasn't Keelin Shanley supposed to get a 10pm slot on Radio 1after being axed from morning television ?

I'm not sure RTÉ had actually confirmed a specific time slot in the Radio 1 schedule as of yet in relation to Mooney Goes Wild or other new wildlife/nature programme involving Derek Mooney. There was mention of him focusing on new nature/wildlife TV and Radio projects in the future but I never recall specifics on when exactly.

My best guess is RTÉ will probably want Mooney launched on his new wildlife/nature programme on Radio and/or TV in time for this year's "Dawn Chorus" later on this Spring? Apart from the wildlife work, Derek also has involvement in The Genealogy Roadshow on RTÉ One television.

Advertisement