Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nova Focus Ireland - Radiothon

• 12-02-2015 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Credit where credit is due to Nova for organising the Radiothon for Focus Ireland . They're hoping to collect about €25k and are about halfway there. Great cause and hopefully help keep a few more off the streets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Great achievement by the station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Great achievement by the station

Awful to see imo that when it's positive how little comment is made in this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

Unfortunately that's the way with anyonomous forums.

Look at the Ray Darcy thread, the hatred for anybody who makes a hit of money is unbelievable.

Week done to Nova.

More Music wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's the way with anyonomous forums.

Look at the Ray Darcy thread, the hatred for anybody who makes a hit of money is unbelievable.

Week done to Nova.

Too true but sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Expunge

Why, what did Nova do?
    For those of us who didn't/don't hear it, how was it different or special - leaving aside the amount raised?

Was it better than many of Irish radio's 'Charidee' broadcasts?

• Advertisement

Expunge wrote: »
    Why, what did Nova do?
    For those of us who didn't/don't hear it, how was it different or special - leaving aside the amount raised?

Great to see the tone back . Each to his own opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Expunge

radioland wrote: »
    Great to see the tone back . Each to his own opinion

It's a question, how was it good or different?
    How did it stand out from the usual Nova content?

Would you say it is more than a cynical promotional tool, which is always a danger when radio stations take up a cause - especially one with so much recent media coverage?

Perhaps more money isn't what is required when it comes to homelessness in the capital ....
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/homelessness-industry-making-millionaires-out-of-hoteliers-and-hostel-operators-30804910.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

Expunge wrote: »
    Why, what did Nova do?

Nobody said it was different, special or better. Just well done on raising some much needed money.

And yes of course Nova (as do all stations) hope they get some free PR out of it.

More Music wrote: »
    Nobody said it was different, special or better. Just well done on raising some much needed money.

And yes of course Nova (as do all stations) hope they get some free PR out of it.

Moremusic /- couldn't have put it any better - 30k raised for a charity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

What I find more odd is this.

Nova are a station with good listenership figures. They made about €30,000 for a well known charity over a few days on a once off pledge drive.

Meanwhile Spirit, a station with no listeners to speak of at all, can raise more cash over a few days. All their money raised goes to pay their bills and expenses. And amazingly they can do this several times a year and they never ever fail to meet their target.

Explain that one to me, why don't ya?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What's your point ?

If i have to explain it to you.......:rolleyes:

If i have to explain it to you.......:rolleyes:

Go for it - explain it to me . In baby steps obviously in case I'm too dim to understand

Go for it - explain it to me . In baby steps obviously in case I'm too dim to understand

You said it....:P........The joke is about Smashie doing a lot of charity work but doesnt like to talk about it...but in fact mentions it at every opportunity...just like Nova...they havent stopped banging on about it since...throwing bouquets at themselves when it was joe public who coughed up the cash....

Leave it now Nova.....

You said it....:P........The joke is about Smashie doing a lot of charity work but doesnt like to talk about it...but in fact mentions it at every opportunity...just like Nova...they havent stopped banging on about it since...throwing bouquets at themselves when it was joe public who coughed up the cash....

Leave it now Nova.....

I don't work for Nova but credit where credits due - so what if they get some publicity out of it . The bottom line is that 30k has been raised for a deserving charity and I don't think those off the street or with a warm meal would care either way .

Advertisement