Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dazed and confused

• 19-04-2015 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all posting anon on this one till I clear my head, have just recently stumbled onto this forum and am genuinely taken a back by the predominantly positive advice/support offered on the threads I've taken a look at,
    Im not expecting any miracles but since I have no one I feel I can discuss this with I thought this place might be best to try and start sorting out some stuff in my life, I'll try best to keep it short and aplogize if my thoughts are all over the place but that's just kind of where they are right now, I'm a 28 yr old male and for my entire life as long as I can remember I always had people make assumptions that I was gay, to be fair It never really bothered me because I don't believe in stereotypes and just because I wasn't very big into gaa and was involved in the arts and music growing up I disagree these things make someone gay/bi etc I also accept I don't do myself any favours by admitting I like cheesy pop music..
    I've had numerous girlfriends growing up but wouldn't class any of them serious and have slept with a lot of women (not bragging just want to spell out my history to date also not a huge amt just normal for my age I guess) basically I know I'm attracted to women but at the same time I can definitely appreciate and tell the difference between an attractive man etc,
    without getting into it too much like most people I had issues growing up with my family(now all resolved and happy to say we are all in a great place) and over the years I've tended to think that this was the reason why I never could open up and make any relationship stick because I was afraid to get close to someone and be vulnerable however in the last months a number of really negative things in my life have ceased to exist and finally I feel like the pressures and fears I've had over the last years are gone and I've really started to get out and start enjoying life properly again the thing is recently I'm starting to reconsider aspects of my sexuality I've never been with a man in any capacity and I don't know if it's something i even want to try but at the same time I have this massive fear that why I'm not connecting or falling for any of the women I've been with is because I'm surprising my true sexuality - I know I could be wrong but what scares me is I could be right,

One thing that has kind of spurned this is I recently joined a social dating app and the guys messed with my account and matched me with some guy, before I copped it I had received some messages and for some reason I started replying to him - just to make it clear they where all very pc and friendly like chatting to a mate but what's making it worse is I'm starting to really get on with him but at the same time I'm meeting and chatting to different women, I feel ridiculously horrible for replying but he seems really genuinely nice but i just don't know what to do, I've thought about just telling him the truth as I'm sure he probably wouldn't want to even talk to me if he knew I haven't even realised or accepted exactly where I am on sexual spectrum I don't expect any right or wrong answers but I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are, I'm also freaking out given I've never dated or even kissed a man how could I even be considering this - sorry about the rant I am just starting to get really down about this and I know I'm a bad person for writing to this guy when nothing may come from it he's asked me to go for a drink and I've even said I'd be in for it which is giving me a panic attack ,if anyone has been in this situation before I'd love to get your take on it, cheers and thank you In advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Have you thought about going away from home and just experimenting once to see how you feel about it? It takes away the fear of consequence and if it isn't for you, you can reaffirm how you feel. Regardless of your sexuality, you sounded like I was during my crisis point before I decided to be honest with myself - not saying you are me, however sexuality is rarely 'black and white', and often these things have to explored by yourself rather than sitting down and agonising over possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anonawhomous16

Cheers J_E for the response much appreciated and food for thought

• Registered Users Posts: 25 YouWotM8

Alot of gay men have helped other men deal with a sexuality crisis or just curiosity. Be it by talking or if they find each other attractive, experimenting. I know I have. Don't be afraid to be honest with him. If he is interested I'm sure he'd at least talk through your curiosity and then the ball is in your court as to where it progresses.

Good luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anonawhomous16

Cheers youwotm8 I think I'll bite the bullet and just be honest I know it's not right to keep mailing them, here's hoping they can understand 😢

Advertisement