Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESP / Tyre monitoring fault

Options
  • 15-03-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭

I got a fault pop up in the car today.
    Audi A5.
    ESP fault & Tyre monitoring fault popped up immediately after each other.
    Anyway, I have VAGCOM and the fault code is
    00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
    Fault status 00101101
    Fault Priority 6
    Fault frequency 1

I cleared it and took it for a good drive and it hasn't come back but Im thinking it will.
    Anyone have any experience of this fault?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

That steering angle sensor code is often logged in the ABS/ESP without it actually being at fault. Driving forward perhaps fifty metres in a straight line often clears the light on the dash. To make sure the steering angle sensor is working correctly, check out the measuring block in Vagcom/VCDS and ensure the figure for the steering angle cycles from roughly 0 degrees when wheel set dead ahead, and that the figure rises as you turn the wheel to full lock either way. This is assuming of course that your tracking/wheel alignment is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks

Yes I did see the live figures for steering angle sensor in the measuring blocks section.
    It looked pretty much spot on straight ahead when reading zero and moved to positive and negative figures when turned left and right.
    Will see if fault appears again.

Advertisement