Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with renault laguna

Options
  • 21-08-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

hello,:D

i need some help i have a renault laguna 1.6 sport 02 and i went to start it the other day and it wouldnt start. i pressed start and it just started clicking and random lights came on lasted for about a min then my battery went flat. i brought it to a garage and the guy couldnt find the problem. he thought something was draining the battery but couldnt find out what.:mad:
    has this happened to anyone else?:confused:

please help thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Happens quite alot with them renaults. If the battery level drops its messes with the immobilizer. A new quality battery if the current one is old or a plug in charger might solve it.

Charge the battery and stick it back in see if it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cat_<3

yeh the battery is new something is draining it but i dont know what:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

To help track down what is draining your battery you could try this procedure. With everything switched off, disconnect the battery negative terminal and connect a multimeter set to ammeter between the battery and the disconnected lead. Note what current is flowing. There will always be something as immobiliser, clock and ecu will always draw some tiny current.Anyway then go to your fuse panel and in sequence, remove each fuse and check whether the current drops off. Do this for each circuit and if you find that one causes the current to drop, well that is the circuit that might have some kind of fault in it. I am not sure what standby current is typical of clocks and ecus though. This should at least narrow down the problem to a specific system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 vetec

I had a similar problem I called <snip> and a chap came and fixed it he is cheap as well just 50 euro <snip@gmail.com>

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Presumably he checked the alternator is actually charging the battery and not knackered ?

is the lights on warming buzzer working when you open the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please don't dig up old threads to promote a business, it doesn't look good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement