Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of seeing this - get it watched. Best Celtic video on the interwebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

dartbhoy wrote: »
    That's absolutely fcuking shocking! But then again it doesn't surprise me!
    That was shocking.My father said that nothing would shock you back in the day. The Cadete "offside" goal was only shocking coz TV cameras caught the crap. Back in the day when TV cameras werent around,the rangers got decision after decision.There was no such thing as offside for "therangers".;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thats very well made for a fan video

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    That was shocking.My father said that nothing would shock you back in the day. The Cadete "offside" goal was only shocking coz TV cameras caught the crap. Back in the day when TV cameras werent around,the rangers got decision after decision.There was no such thing as offside for "therangers".;)

Careful now! That sort of talk will draw them in here with their opinions and nonsense :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Careful now! That sort of talk will draw them in here with their opinions and nonsense :pac:
    Im awaiting their pathetic response:D(theyre a small bit quiet tonight.Ill wait tlill the morrow for their response)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Im awaiting their pathetic response:D
    BBE is over in Glasgow anyway. He was watching his beloved rangers today,he should make more trips over there,he has a good affect on them:D

BBE is over in Glasgow anyway. He was watching his beloved rangers today,he should make more trips over there,he has a good affect on them:D
    I saw that alright.Keep him over there:DAn omen:D

I saw that alright.Keep him over there:DAn omen:D
    Ha ha! It's good to have a laugh PH67. Even though I've no doubt that some posters will take offence to our comments!

Ha ha! It's good to have a laugh PH67. Even though I've no doubt that some posters will take offence to our comments!
    If they do theyre sad.;)

Of all the games he could have picked :D

• Advertisement

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Have some pity on the man....:D:D:D:D

If they do theyre sad.;)
    The last few days on this thread has bordered on the ridiculous at times! Some of the accusations been thrown at Celtic about IRA chanting were out of order,you'd swear there was a rebelfest been held at every Celtic home game the way some posters were going on about it! In fairness this is a minority problem and us Celtic fans know that offensive chanting has to stop because the SPL are only looking for an excuse to throw the book at Celtic.

It was good to get back to football today and more importantly able to discuss football and Celtic today and not political matters!

He who shall not be named was on a right high horse. I suppose it has to be that high to see in here from the rugby forum! :pac:

The last few days on this thread has bordered on the ridiculous at times! Some of the accusations been thrown at Celtic about IRA chanting were out of order,you'd swear there was a rebelfest been held at every Celtic home game the way some posters were going on about it! In fairness this is a minority problem and us Celtic fans know that offensive chanting has to stop because the SPL are only looking for an excuse to throw the book at Celtic.

It was good to get back to football today and more importantly able to discuss football and Celtic today and not political matters!

Most of the songs Celtic fans sing are about celebrating Ireland's history.

My take on it is, songs like "Boys of the old brigade" and "Roll of honour" are about history, not hatred. If the 'Ra add ons are dropped from the likes of Celtic Symphony then fair enough but there is nothing to be ashamed about the majority of the song book.

He who shall not be named was on a right high horse. I suppose it has to be that high to see in here from the rugby forum! :pac:
    Ha ha,good one Dempsey!

Some idiots sing about the IRA.About 2-3 people if even that at CP(Coz theyd be thrown out).Its true for you.Ive never heard IRA chanting at Celtic Park.Away games is another matter(And thats stopped too).But this whole thing smacks of (If the rangers are guilty-we'll hang Celtic too.)Its Bull****e.

Most of the songs Celtic fans sing are about celebrating Ireland's history.

My take on it is, songs like "Boys of the old brigade" and "Roll of honour" are about history, not hatred. If the 'Ra add ons are dropped from the likes of Celtic Symphony then fair enough but there is nothing to be ashamed about the majority of the song book.
    The problem in Scotland is that it seems every Irish related song is sectarian! BOTOB is definitely not sectarian yet you had that clown Pat Nevin and that other halfwit on BBC Scotland on the day of the Cup final going on about sectarian singing when in fact it was BOTOB been sang!

The problem in Scotland is that it seems every Irish related song is sectarian! BOTOB is definitely not sectarian yet you had that clown Pat Nevin and that other halfwit on BBC Scotland on the day of the Cup final going on about sectarian singing when in fact it was BOTOB been sang!

Exactly, If BOTOB is sectarian then so is the Irish national anthem. It seems any song about Ireland's history is sectarian in the minds of some. Anyway, fuc* Pat Nevin.

Some idiots sing about the IRA.About 2-3 people if even that at CP(Coz theyd be thrown out).Its true for you.Ive never heard IRA chanting at Celtic Park.Away games is another matter(And thats stopped too).But this whole thing smacks of (If the rangers are guilty-we'll hang Celtic too.)Its Bull****e.
    It's a fact PH67. I remember been in Celtic Park for the last league game of the disastrous 1999/2000 season. We were playing Dundee United with virtually a youth team out on the park. The ground was only half full. In the section where I was seated a couple of lads from a Belfast based supporters club were sat behind me when they decided to start a well known rebel tune. They weren't 10 seconds into it when they were surrounded by security warning them to stop or they'd be thrown out!

• Advertisement

It's a fact PH67. I remember been in Celtic Park for the last league game of the disastrous 1999/2000 season. We were playing Dundee United with virtually a youth team out on the park. The ground was only half full. In the section where I was seated a couple of lads from a Belfast based supporters club were sat behind me when they decided to start a well known rebel tune. They weren't 10 seconds into it when they were surrounded by security warning them to stop or they'd be thrown out!
    But we're being investigated by Uefa?Trust me-this is a set up.Those Ira dittys have long gone from Celtic Park.We're being stitched up. Big time.Our away support can let us down on occasion.But this has been put straight recently/

Celtic have released the official numbers and the bans that they have implemented which are solid proof of where the problem lies.

But we're being investigated by Uefa?Trust me-this is a set up.Those Ira dittys have long gone from Celtic Park.We're being stitched up. Big time.
    That's why I'm suspicious about this whole investigation by UEFA. As far as I'm concerned there was no offensive singing/chanting done that night against Rennes. There was nothing audible on the TV screens. And there's big question marks over this Eddie Smith who reported it. I'm going back 12 seasons ago when security in Celtic Park were clamping down on offensive chanting yet now there's claims that offensive chanting is going on in Celtic Park?

People were very quick to rush judgement on Celtic accusing them of been guilty of sectarianism straight away yet when I posted on the rangers thread saying I reckoned that Whyte fella was a dodgy character based on that TV programme a few weeks ago I was accused of all sorts!

Celtic have released the official numbers and the bans that they have implemented which are solid proof of where the problem lies.

Fair play to Celtic on that one. The stats don't lie.

People were very quick to rush judgement on Celtic accusing them of been guilty of sectarianism straight away yet when I posted on the rangers thread saying I reckoned that Whyte fella was a dodgy character based on that TV programme a few weeks ago I was accused of all sorts!

That cnut is definitely dodgy!!

[QUOTE=dartbhoy;75561111]That's why I'm suspicious about this whole investigation by UEFA. As far as I'm concerned there was no offensive singing/chanting done that night against Rennes. There was nothing audible on the TV screens. And there's big question marks over this Eddie Smith who reported it. I'm going back 12 seasons ago when security in Celtic Park were clamping down on offensive chanting yet now there's claims that offensive chanting is going on in Celtic Park?

People were very quick to rush judgement on Celtic accusing them of been guilty of sectarianism straight away yet when I posted on the rangers thread saying I reckoned that Whyte fella was a dodgy character based on that TV programme a few weeks ago I was accused of all sorts![/QUOTE]
    I watched that Rennes game.I heard not one mention of Ira support from Celtic fans.Trust me-this is a stitch up.No one would be allowed sing Ira songs at C.P.Theyd be kicked out.Im very suspicious about this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Was thinking that myself, it's one of those games you think is a stick-on, guaranteed to have you up on your feet cheering goals. Poor BBE! :pac:

Funny how they've dropped points when least expected, yet pulled some tough results out of the bag.

Hopefully we don't take Dunfermline at home for granted, would be awful to see the good work go to waste.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'm actually using his hair as a measuring stick, god help us if he gets hair plugs :pac:

Hey... leave Sammy out of this. ;)

Great to see this thread hopping by the way, sometimes it can be dead for days. Not today! Long may it continue.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself, it's one of those games you think is a stick-on, guaranteed to have you up on your feet cheering goals. Poor BBE! :pac:

Funny how they've dropped points when least expected, yet pulled some tough results out of the bag.

Hopefully we don't take Dunfermline at home for granted, would be awful to see the good work go to waste.
    Ya.Poor him:D.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Hey... leave Sammy out of this. ;)

Great to see this thread hopping by the way, sometimes it can be dead for days. Not today! Long may it continue.
    I agree PauloMN,good to see the thread having a good lively debate as well as having a laugh too. I think today's result plus the news from ibrox has given all Celtic fans a bit of a lift.

I agree PauloMN,good to see the thread having a good lively debate as well as having a laugh too. I think today's result plus the news from ibrox has given all Celtic fans a bit of a lift.
    Wait till we lift the europa;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

But we're being investigated by Uefa?Trust me-this is a set up.Those Ira dittys have long gone from Celtic Park.We're being stitched up. Big time.Our away support can let us down on occasion.But this has been put straight recently/

Been set straight ?
    Like when you played at Hearts or Rennes away ?

And remind me, what was the reaction when Rangers fans were claiming the last punishment from UEFA was a stitch up ?

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Been set straight ?

And remind me, what was the reaction when Rangers fans were claiming the last punishment from UEFA was a stitch up ?

Let's say we played the worst of the worst. It wouldn't be near the bile your club sings.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Been set straight ?

I couldnt care less about songs.Personally.Tell Celtic fans to piss off home etc.I couldnt care less. They are moronic songs.UEFA stitched up rangers too.But your club had an anti-catholic signing policy, unlike ours.Your club deserves to be "stitched-up", and shown up for what you are and always were.Racists, basically.Not in the black and white sense.But in the religious sense.Pure hatred towards Catholics.Try and deny it.....I wait for you;)r response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I couldnt care less about songs.Personally.Tell Celtic fans to piss off home etc.I couldnt care less. They are moronic songs.UEFA stitched up rangers too.But your club had an anti-catholic signing policy, unlike ours.Your club deserves to be "stitched-up", and shown up for what you are and always were.Racists, basically.Not in the black and white sense.But in the religious sense.Pure hatred towards Catholics.Try and deny it.....I wait for you;)r response.
    Didn't know religion was a race.

Wait till we lift the europa;)

Was thinking about the Europa today. Get a draw in Italy and it's game on. Easier said than done but we should have beaten them at paradise.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Didn't know religion was a race.
    Dont try and get out of it.Your club is anti-Catholic? Am I right or wrong?

Dont try and get out of it.Your club is anti-Catholic? Am I right or wrong?
    I don't think so.

I don't think so.
    Oh yes ye are.A disgraceful club.If ye want to call yeerselves a club.By the way, the queen that ye bow down to is the same queen that wants her unpaid millions back off ye.Irony is lost on the stupid though.;)

Oh yes ye are.A disgraceful club.If ye want to call yeerselves a club.By the way, the queen that ye bow down to is the same queen that wants her unpaid millions back off ye.Irony is lost on the stupid though.;)
    But the club employs Catholics and I am sure some of our players are Catholic.

For legal reasons.Only for legal reasons.Otherwise UEFA would have ye out on yeer ear.Yee are pretty bigoted. Arent ye? Or am I getting it all wrong? ;)

• Advertisement

Hopefully you dont find out who they are.;)

Jorg Albertz is a German Roman Catholic.He was told not to bless himself at Ibrox.Why??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of seeing this - get it watched. Best Celtic video on the interwebs.

First time seeing it, what a fantastic video that is. Oh the memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Racists, basically.Not in the black and white sense.But in the religious sense

So that would sectarian then

That wasn't always the case though. For a long time your club did have a bigoted employment policy

First time seeing it, what a fantastic video that is. Oh the memories
    My father brought me to the 88 final v Dundee Utd. All I remember about it is loving Irn Bru. I still love it to this day:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

tommyhaas wrote: »
    So that would sectarian then

That wasn't always the case though. For a long time your club did have a bigoted employment policy
    There I was thinking we were talking about now.
    Jorg Albertz is a German Roman Catholic.He was told not to bless himself at Ibrox.Why??
    Don't know. Probably too busy scoring goals..;)

Just proves the stupidity of it all. There is no ira singing at Celtic Park.I think we can all vouch for this.Its a stitch-up.Simple as that.

All those MSP's that jumped on a soap box over that Old Firm match should get a public paddling

• Advertisement

There I was thinking we were talking about now.

Don't know. Probably too busy scoring goals..;)
    He did have a good left peg;).But he stood for everything yee hated.A Catholic;).Thats why yee didnt let him bless himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement