Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

That should be that..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Game over. Another disaster in Europe.

Lennon should have used the bench earlier. Easy saying it now but we were crying out for new ideas there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hooper needs to be hooked for Stokes imo

Samaras needs to be hooked also, Commons or Paddy, flip a coin!

i dont know, sammy has been the only one showing energy going forward. he is running down dead ends but he needs someone busting their balls to provide an overlap. the bold move would be replace ledley with forrest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Can't believe I woke up early to watch this :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Lennon should have used the bench earlier. Easy saying it now but we were crying out for new ideas there.

Totally agree. Said it earlier, if we'd still not scored at half time, early 2nd half sub. An opportunity missed.

has to stay onside, no excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

2 - 0 down to FC Sion? Jesus that's embarrassing! :(

PauloMN wrote: »
    Totally agree. Said it earlier, if we'd still not scored at half time, early 2nd half sub. An opportunity missed.

Commons might not look too fit but he's always a threat from outside the box. He had to be on the pitch when we were struggling to get balls into the box.
    McCourt should have been used too.. another f*cking disaster tonight :mad:

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    2 - 0 down to FC Sion? Jesus that's embarrassing! :(

You don't say..

COME ON

Get in Mulgrew..

Not over yet.

Get in Mulgrew..

Not over yet.

Great call keeping it low. Super shot.

Lennon has to go for it now.

Gung ho all the way, doesn't matter if we lose another.

Big 10 mins now bhoys, keep the momentum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Get Commons and Stokes on now!

Fcuk that!!

Typical eh

KI FFS!!!! Amateur night.

KI FFS!!!! Amateur night.

It was a tired pass. We were always pissing into the wind after that start.

• Advertisement

Lennon didn't help by waiting so long to make changes, worst thing about this result is there's no chance we'll be strengthening the team before the window closes. Gonna be a long hard season.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Lennon didn't help by waiting so long to make changes, worst thing about this result is there's no chance we'll be strengthening the team before the window closes. Gonna be a long hard season.

Commons on 87 minute

Fkin joke...Lenny obviously never played football manager like me :mad:

commons on after 87 mins :rolleyes:
    we cant blame lenny for big dan being an absolute idiot
    Sion are muck and we've fallen apart against them

It was a tired pass. We were always pissing into the wind after that start.

Have to disagree. Absolutely shambolic from Ki, don't take any chances in a situation like that. Really disappointed in him. Yeah we were f**ked after a few mins, but still don't go gifting goals like that.

This is utterly embarrassing.

You'd think we'd be used to this by now!!

Serious re-think needed by the board and Lennon, the downsizing of quality of our players is shocking, to get beaten so easily by the team that finished 7th in the Swiss league is a new low.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    commons on after 87 mins :rolleyes:
    we cant blame lenny for big dan being an absolute idiot
    Sion are muck and we've fallen apart against them

I like Lennon and I thought he was unlucky not have given us a title last year.

But for ffs he was way off the mark tonight mate - Big time, should have rang the changes at half time or soon enough after. He was as bad as Big Dan tonight, poor performance from Lennon. Commons was the man to bring on or McCourt or even Stokes. Hooper was off the pace.

FFs Celtic. What a great club, any supporter is ashamed tonight losing to the likes of Sion.

Have to disagree. Absolutely shambolic from Ki, don't take any chances in a situation like that. Really disappointed in him. Yeah we were f**ked after a few mins, but still don't go gifting goals like that.

We were doing well Paulo, It was a massive mistake but tired minds all the same. Wouldn't be too harsh on Ki. Thought he got pass marks tonight before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

This is one of the most embarrassing results I have ever witnessed :mad:. Fair enough Scottish football has fallen and we haven't the quality of seasons gone by but still we have superior players to Sion and this result is simply not acceptable to a club as great as Celtic.

A very sad night :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

embarrassed to say the least....... what a shambolic effort and result to a once respected and proud European footballing club. Fcuking sick

dekbhoy wrote: »
    embarrassed to say the least....... what a shambolic effort and result to a once respected and proud European footballing club. Fcuking sick

Ditto mate. Only a few years ago, teams feared Parkhead - top Euro sides.

****ing Sion? Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

We were doing well Paulo, It was a massive mistake but tired minds all the same. Wouldn't be too harsh on Ki. Thought he got pass marks tonight before that.

He was absolutely muck, the whole bloody team where muck , dont think i ever witnessed such a lazy heartless effort from a celtic team, i suspect the team are losing faith in the manager and who would blame them.:mad:

henke wrote: »
    This is one of the most embarrassing results I have ever witnessed :mad:. Fair enough Scottish football has fallen and we haven't the quality of seasons gone by but still we have superior players to Sion and this result is simply not acceptable to a club as great as Celtic.

A very sad night :(.

I'm not so sure about that any more, yeah we paid a lot more for our players than Sion did but i saw no evidence over the 2 legs that our players were any better than theirs, miles behind in technical ability. The amount of balls lost tonight because our players couldn't control a ball was shocking. I'd definitely take the guy who scored 2 for them tonight over any of our strikers in current form and to think we had him over on one of our infamous trials last season and decided against taking him!!

I like Ki, and he did ok up to then, but it's too much CT - that was top drawer Caldwell-esque if ever I saw it. Hugely disappointing when we had just scored and were set up for a great 10 mins.

Not pinning all the blame on him though, we were not good enough over the two legs. Real damage was done at home. Look how we got through CL ties, we always - I mean always - won at home with the expectation of not winning away.

Not winning at home against a side like Sion is criminal.

dekbhoy wrote: »
    He was absolutely muck, the whole bloody team where muck , dont think i ever witnessed such a lazy heartless effort from a celtic team, i suspect the team are losing faith in the manager and who would blame them.:mad:

I thought we did alright before Ki fkced up. Face it, we're not good enough to be dominating any team with 10 men chasing a goal.

As I said I'm disappointed in Lennon more than anything. I thought the players did okay, we were probably the better team with ten men and lets face it Kayal, Wilson, Mulgrew and Hooper weren't near 100% fit. The lads on the pitch did their best all things considered.. Still there is no excuse getting pumped out by the likes of Sion. It's depressing. Don't know what else you can say but there's something wrong at the club. We've gone down hill bigtime.

I know most have blasted lenneys attempts of bringing bellamy back but you have to feel if we had him for the first leg we wouldnt be here.

no he wont get him because the funds wont be there,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Gutted. A sad day for Irish football.

:(

Bodhisopha wrote: »

i hope your trollin,

amazing night for irish football with shamrock rovers progressing to the group stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Bad night for Scottish football. Like i said in the Rangers forum. And Celtic have some very good players too who can score goals. We have too, its simply amazing how both of us failed like this. Shocking.

Bodhisopha wrote: »

Delighted for Rovers and the LOI - I truly am but everyday is always a great day being a Celtic fan, even tonight :)

• Advertisement

Wonder will Kayal be heading off now?

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Bad night for Scottish football. Like i said in the Rangers forum. And Celtic have some very good players too who can score goals. We have too, its simply amazing how both of us failed like this. Shocking.

Yep a bad night all round. Gutted to get put out against a team like Sion, likewise I'd say.

Wonder will Kayal be heading off now?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone needs to be sold to balance the books, Ki & Kayal are the only ones(fit) that could command a decent fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

What can one say? Last person out close the door. Dear goodness,what chance have you got when donkey dan does that?!! How have things got so bad?! Lenny and Ally are not up to the job. Think of all the great managers to have managed these two great clubs. It is a shambles, really is.

RoryMac wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone needs to be sold to balance the books, Ki & Kayal are the only ones(fit) that could command a decent fee.

I just don't think players like him, Ki, Izzy etc. will be sticking around to play St. feckin' Mirren etc. in a years time. Izzy's injury could be a blessing in disguise. This club is falling apart at the seams. All SPL sides out of all Euro comps and not even Sept. ****in' joke.

I just don't think players like him, Ki, Izzy etc. will be sticking around to play St. feckin' Mirren etc. in a years time. Izzy's injury could be a blessing in disguise. This club is falling apart at the seams. All SPL sides out of all Euro comps and not even Sept. ****in' joke.

It is falling apart in a way but if we were to win the SPL would we be such a lost cause?

• Advertisement

It is falling apart in a way but if we were to win the SPL would we be such a lost cause?

It's a big "IF" though. Might be a bit early to say this, but I reckon Rangers are the better side being honest.

Of course winning the league is priority, but for me Europe is a huge part of the club as well. I love watching Celtic in the groups of the CL and also the Europa league, and they need to be in those competitions to attract players and make some money. I could never understand apathy towards UEFA Cup/Europa league games tbh - I feckin' hate qualifiers obviously but I'll always watch Celtic in Europe.

I thought last year would be a "gelling" season and fully expected to make the groups this season. To not do so is a big body-blow imo and could be a disaster for both keeping players we want to keep and bringing in new ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Am I the only one not buying into this KI bullsht!!
    Rumours hes a £10M player-not a chance!! He wouldnt cope with the pace of the game in England! He drives me mad! Looks pretty on the the ball but has no impact on a game except from the odd shot.

He's too slow, grand to pass the ball backwards but he gives no drive or intensity to the game. Thats been a consistant problem with Celtic with him in the middle. Generally plenty of possesion but they are creating no chances!

He is no step up from Crosas or Donati. Drives me mad, especially listening to people stating he is our only decent player!!

would the fact these guys couldnt secure europa league football not cool the interest in them.

Thats what our backroom team need these players to think, might get them to pull the finger out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kayal was useless tonight, too many players believing their own hype. Casual Ki would get slaughtered in the EPL, SLAUGHTERED. Why would these players command a fee again??

Majstorovic should be strung up for his part tonight.

It's a big "IF" though. Might be a bit early to say this, but I reckon Rangers are the better side being honest.

Of course winning the league is priority, but for me Europe is a huge part of the club as well. I love watching Celtic in the groups of the CL and also the Europa league, and they need to be in those competitions to attract players and make some money. I could never understand apathy towards UEFA Cup/Europa league games tbh - I feckin' hate qualifiers obviously but I'll always watch Celtic in Europe.

I thought last year would be a "gelling" season and fully expected to make the groups this season. To not do so is a big body-blow imo and could be a disaster for both keeping players we want to keep and bringing in new ones.

Can't argue with you. I'm really gutted about tonight. We fell short tonight on so many levels..
    Am I the only one not buying into this KI bullsht!!
    Rumours hes a £10M player-not a chance!! He wouldnt cope with the pace of the game in England! He drives me mad! Looks pretty on the the ball but has no impact on a game except from the odd shot.

He's too slow, grand to pass the ball backwards but he gives no drive or intensity to the game. Thats been a consistant problem with Celtic with him in the middle. Generally plenty of possesion but they are creating no chances!

He is no step up from Crosas or Donati. Drives me mad, especially listening to people stating he is our only decent player!!

Nah Ki's only 21, he has a big future. I've always rated him, the way he keeps the ball is unreal, probably the best player at the club with the ball at his feet. That's open to debate but I do think he's a player that will have a big future in the game when he leaves us.
    bobmalooka wrote: »
    would the fact these guys couldnt secure europa league football not cool the interest in them.

Thats what our backroom team need these players to think, might get them to pull the finger out

Any scout watching the likes of Kayal, Izzy and Ki would think they're fantastic players imo.
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Kayal was useless tonight, too many players believing their own hype. Casual Ki would get slaughtered in the EPL, SLAUGHTERED. Why would these players command a fee again??

Majstorovic should be strung up for his part tonight.

Dempsey in fairness Kayal wasn't 100% fit. He did try his best though.

Maybe I'm being too apologetic to them but I really rate Izzy, Kayal and Ki. Think they're really good players that could have a great career at the top level.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement