Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't see any need for visiting friends in this event anyhow. After about 15 friends you stop collecting even the paltry 3 hands per friend you get now. Certainly not worth the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Don't you have to play tap ball against neighbours as part of the quests?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Don't you have to play tap ball against neighbours as part of the quests?

I thought that's just one of those quests that'll keep incrementing like the upgrading players and purchasing stadium improvements.

Either way, I'm just picking the weakest team on my friends' list and hammering into them four or five times a day until it's done. The price you get for playing better teams isn't really worth the risk of losing tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Anyone else notice a glitch with theirs?

say you need 98 tickets to 'upgrade' homer, and you have 80, if you click on upgrade and it gives you the donuts total it says 0 if you are a certain amount off the total needed, so i'm only spending 80 tickets to upgrade a 98 ticket upgrade....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Thanks for the tip, worked for me too!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hadn't noticed, must give that a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Going to look into that now!

Is anyone else annoyed at the rewards, sports outfits for two premium characters are no good if you don't have the characters to begin with.

Is there any way to send feedback to EA about the game? I've been getting notifications all day along the lines of 'it's been ages since you logged in' etc etc, once or twice getting the notifications literally right after I've closed the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

I finally bit the bullet on this and nuked my town earlier :o
    It's a great game, playing it since Christmas, very addictive! It takes up far too much time though so blitzed it. Took a few go's though before I went through with it! :D

Might resurrect it all out of storage sometime, who knows!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So, who is this character that you're meant to unlock through the Daily Training?

lugash.png?w=40&h=73

I did the training, but no new character. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So, who is this character that you're meant to unlock through the Daily Training?

lugash.png?w=40&h=73

I did the training, but no new character. :(

That's Lugash. He's a premium character! You only get to use him in the tap ball games if you already have the character unfortunately!

Wellyd wrote: »
    That's Lugash. He's a premium character! You only get to use him in the tap ball games if you already have the character unfortunately!

Ah right. I got confused because the Jasper and Tatum skins went into the inventory when I unlocked them, so I thought this might have been a full character. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

We now get amateur bucks by tapping on fans and there's a community event to win prizes by playing catch. First community prize is 10 donuts.

Those 10 donuts would give me just enough for Furious D. :cool:

ShazGV wrote: »
    Is there any way to send feedback to EA about the game? I've been getting notifications all day along the lines of 'it's been ages since you logged in' etc etc, once or twice getting the notifications literally right after I've closed the app.

I'm getting that too - a guilt trip about how the Simpsons wonder if I'll ever help rebuild their town when I have just logged in a few minutes before!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

There seems to be a glitch in the buck awards. Just won a match and then got my daily play bonus of 120 bucks to find that I now have 99 instead of about 140.

13 free donuts when you log in today. :D

13 free donuts when you log in today. :D

Used 'em to buy Furious D. Two Tap Ball players for 100 donuts, a questline plus I loved that episode, so win-win-win for me! :D

♫We are the jockeys,
    ♫Jockeys are we!
    ♫We live underground in a fiberglass tree!

:pac:

Is it just me or is even the first community goal looking completely unobtainable? It's hardly gone up at all in the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Woshy wrote: »
    Is it just me or is even the first community goal looking completely unobtainable? It's hardly gone up at all in the last day

Also I believe that, this Ball thingy is a bit of a con as well.

• Advertisement

110 million is ridiculous. It's going up by like 6/sec right now, which means it would take 212 days to reach 110 million if my maths are correct. So unless it starts picking up in the next few days as more people log in and get the soccer ball, this is utterly pointless.

And 500 bucks for a ball is such a sh*tily high price. Like, I'm only buying one because it's part of the questline so you'll have to have it done for Act 3 I'm betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Woshy wrote: »

I haven't bothered with it at all, still not got my tap ball to 5 stars and been doing that.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    110 million is ridiculous. It's going up by like 6/sec right now, which means it would take 212 days to reach 110 million if my maths are correct. So unless it starts picking up in the next few days as more people log in and get the soccer ball, this is utterly pointless.

And 500 bucks for a ball is such a sh*tily high price. Like, I'm only buying one because it's part of the questline so you'll have to have it done for Act 3 I'm betting.

The way I looked at it is, as soon as you have all your players upgraded you can focus on the footballs, but as you said 500 a ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Got the ball and dropped it in a town. I hope they notice it - it's tiny!

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    Got the ball and dropped it in a town. I hope they notice it - it's tiny!

I had a ball dropped in my town and my friend told me, yet to see the bloody thing.

Do you get a notification when someone drops a ball in your town?

Do you get a notification when someone drops a ball in your town?

No - I randomly saw one in my town the other day and tapped it. It would be very easy to miss it and there is no indication somebody has given you one.

Thanks Woshy, could be one rolling around in my town so & I've no idea it's even there. I'll be more inclined to keep an eye out now though at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I dropped a ball in a down. No idea what we to do with them lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Hi all, I must say that I'm enjoying this tap ball, it's much less of a grind than the last Terwilliger event . . .

speaking of grinds, I'm currently trying to unlock the KBBL radio station with friend points but some of my neighbors have left the game, if anybody wants to add me (blarney_baron) that would be great!

Advertisement