Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 corolla verso fuel filter

Options
  • 10-03-2014 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Does anybody know the location of the fuel filter on a 2006 Petrol corolla verso.
    Its my wifes car , carries the kids etc and basically there is a small fuel leak noticeable since filling the car yesterday . After some googling fuel filter may be culprit .Cannot find location though . Will be bringing it to garage first thing tomorrow but wouldnt mind a look at the fuel filter first if possible.

Appreciate if anybody knows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

I think it is in the fuel tank in my avensis anyways - not easy to get at. I hope yours isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

The fuel filter on the 2006 Corolla is mounted in the engine compartment against the firewall. You can replace it at home with a few tools in 45 minutes or less.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_6781648_change-fuel-filter-2006-corolla.html#ixzz2vVxaHkDk

hmm other threads say in tank,did you forget to replace fuel cap when filling up,maybe your carbon filter is broken,did you hit anything with car?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gstack

Yeah cheers lads
    Grease dont think its Under hood .and if it was not likely to be the culprit .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hlcQd9Rwk8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HKW8-6P5Pc&feature=youtu.be

Those videos are for a corolla but probably similar .
    Might have to wonder into halfords tomorrow and browse a haynes manual

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Toyotas have the filter in the engine compartment as Greasepalm said.
    There is a teabag filter in the fuel tank but its a primary filter on the fuel pump.

Ok thanks .
    Anybody have any idea where the leak is likely to be coming from then ?
    Fuel lines the tank itself ?

If I look under the car I can see a small wet patch on the back axle passenger rear side same side as fuel tank and nozzle.

• Advertisement

gstack wrote: »
    Ok thanks .
    Anybody have any idea where the leak is likely to be coming from then ?
    Fuel lines the tank itself ?

If I look under the car I can see a small wet patch on the back axle passenger rear side same side as fuel tank and nozzle.
    The only way you can tell is to clean the area and see where exactly its coming from. Maybe put the car on ramps so its safe and crawl under with a torch (not a lighter:eek:) and see where its leaking?

Yeah I dont have access to ramps . I will tell the missus to drop it in to a local garage and see what they say .

Thanks again.

not like toyota to have a leak.

After talking to garage today they say that the fuel tank has corroded to the point there is a leak .
    I am going down tomorrow morning to have a look .
    Rang toyota no known issue .
    Anyways will find out more tomorrow

gstack wrote: »
    After talking to garage today they say that the fuel tank has corroded to the point there is a leak .
    I am going down tomorrow morning to have a look .
    Rang toyota no known issue .
    Anyways will find out more tomorrow
    UK import?

• Advertisement

No

Mechanic said fuel tank is pressed steel and that the he had the impression from Toyota that there is a reasonable number of fuel tanks being replaced but there is no recall or come back on toyota .
    Anyways I would have not have expected this to happen on a 2006 car .

surprised it was metal and rusted,olden days we used to get petrol tank repair kit to fix petrol tanks with leaks,having said that had a ford sierra in weeks ago rotten tank,got one in uk for £60 brand new and shipped over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Had a similar problem on an 02 Corolla a few weeks back.

Petrol smell in the cabin and a small leak. Turns out the pipe from the filler neck to the tank was corroded. There is a small piece of the pipe made of metal.

Got the bad piece cut out and replaced

Advertisement