Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vw Passat problems

• 10-03-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have a 03 vw passat last couple of months water seems to be getting in and lodging behind the rear passenger seat, i had the pollen filter done and the grommets cleaned and the carpet dryed out. Only for the problem to still remain the door seals etc have also been checked anyone any idea to what this might be caused from ????? and no sunroof :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

This is a common problem with that model passat. maybe if you post in motors you will get some advice

• Registered Users Posts: 13 paadyboyo

hi there i might be able to help you,

if you take off the door card off the rear passanger door you will see a big metal plate with a few 10mm bolts holding it to the door, take it off and inspect the seal around the edge this sometimes does not seal and lets water in. especially if repair work has been carried out on the door/window regulator in the past! mine was so bad i could see the water leaking at the bottom of it and down under the carpet!

ive used butal tape in the past for this (any motor factors will have it) just press it against the metal plate all the way around then stick the plate back on the door bolt it back up and your done hope this helps as you seem to have all the other notorius water leak problems done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anneobrien1975

risteard7 wrote: »
    This is a common problem with that model passat. maybe if you post in motors you will get some advice

Thanks just gettin used to this site

Advertisement