Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing reversing switch

Options
  • 09-03-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

The reversing switch attached to the gearbox is gone on my transit - i confirmed by unplugging the connector and short-circuiting it.
    I have the new one - but just wanted to check before I go and do the job, it's just a case of unscrewing the old one and screwing the new one in, is that right?
    Oil isn't going to start gushing out when I unscrew the old one or anything? Anything else I should be considering?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

It should be as simple as that. best wait until the engine cold, and possibly use some WD40 on the old switch a few mins before you try to remove. Oil the threads of the new switch to make it easier to install.

Advertisement