Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yildiz reviews?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭snipe49

PDAhunter wrote: »
    A friend has one it's a nice gun never gives him any trouble and in fairness he gives it some abuse
    I love mine got it cheap its the best killing gun i ever had nice and light to. And been as i payed so little not worried if it gets a knock. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

Friend of mine bought a Beretta Silver Mallard semi auto and a Silver Pigeon 1 before the season started. Hasn't used either huniting yet because he's afraid he'll damage or mark them
    . I have a Beretta 391 and a Bettinsoli Diamond too and vary what I bring out. That's the whole point in having a gun, using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Buggs

Had a yildiz non ejector fixed choke for a year or two, never had a problem with it and shot a good few pheasants, pigeons etc with it. Very light and could carry it all day conversely clay pigeon shhooting was like torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Jimy1971 wrote: »
    What make of gun do you own seeing as how everyone else's are ****e. It's not only that dealer that claim that ridge line are good. You're saying buy cheap and buy twice. I paid €850 for my Yildiz 5 years ago and it's never let me down once. If you don't like a brand fair enough. Don't rUn a man down for buying the brand. Calling it experience is nonsense as is saying good advise is in short supply on this forum. A lot of lads have moved and are chatting on facebook now because of the know it all on here. Was a great place for a novice hunter to get advise. Now its a great place to be run down.
    You obviously have a problem reading, go back and read my initial post nobody was being run down, i gave the lad an example of what happened with my fathers Yildiz and gave the lad some advice on how he exchanged it for an older second hand gun and had no problems with it ,so how is that running someone down?
    Go on the any shooting forum and you will see that the majority of turkish guns give the same problems over and over again .
    Why are the best guns more expensive? because they are built better and have better reliability and stand the test of time.
    My Gamba montreal was my fathers gun initially and is now 35 years old ,it has never miss fired and bar the few scratches is as good as the day it came out of the work shop, try telling me a yildiz or any turkish gun will be still not missing a beat with no problems 35 years on.
    Before you or snipe go accusing me of anything in future actually go and read my post properly ,he just jumped in and accused me of running someone down when that was never the case and you just piggybacked on his post without even reading mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

You obviously have a problem reading, go back and read my initial post nobody was being run down, i gave the lad an example of what happened with my fathers Yildiz and gave the lad some advice on how he exchanged it for an older second hand gun and had no problems with it ,so how is that running someone down?
    Go on the any shooting forum and you will see that the majority of turkish guns give the same problems over and over again .
    Why are the best guns more expensive? because they are built better and have better reliability and stand the test of time.
    My Gamba montreal was my fathers gun initially and is now 35 years old ,it has never miss fired and bar the few scratches is as good as the day it came out of the work shop, try telling me a yildiz or any turkish gun will be still not missing a beat with no problems 35 years on.
    Before you or snipe go accusing me of anything in future actually go and read my post properly ,he just jumped in and accused me of running someone down when that was never the case and you just piggybacked on his post without even reading mine.

Will you stop feeding the trolls like a good chap.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Remember me?

On a side note are the new ata not a silver pigeon replica . Action and barells can transfer straight over to a beretta. In other words it's a beretta design without the fancy finish and price.woukd still love to own an ultra lite if funds allowed. As for the yildiz I know a lad that had one for game shooting very casual shooter and seldom used it outside of November to January period but never had an issue with it. It felt cheap to hold but he shot away with it. Seldom you here of horror stories like a gun going off and killin g someone or something .These manufactorers have to meet a standard a would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

On a side note are the new ata not a silver pigeon replica . Action and barells can transfer straight over to a beretta. In other words it's a beretta design without the fancy finish and price.woukd still love to own an ultra lite if funds allowed. As for the yildiz I know a lad that had one for game shooting very casual shooter and seldom used it outside of November to January period but never had an issue with it. It felt cheap to hold but he shot away with it. Seldom you here of horror stories like a gun going off and killin g someone or something .These manufactorers have to meet a standard a would think.

The ATA o/u is a copy of Beretta's 686. They have them in Wildhunter as they are the distributors in ROI. Don't much like the feel of the ATA myself, but I am of course biased having a Beretta 686 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭RICKYD

On a side note has any1 seen a price 4an ultralite lately?id love 1aswel.id trade in my bettinsoli as its a fair lump 2b carryin around after wcock.sorry 4 derailin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Remember me?

RICKYD wrote: »
    On a side note has any1 seen a price 4an ultralite lately?id love 1aswel.id trade in my bettinsoli as its a fair lump 2b carryin around after wcock.sorry 4 derailin

1100 or so is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭RICKYD

Dat wudnt b so bad.iwas expectin 2pay around 2grand 4a new 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

Tikka, I have no problem reading at all. Look back yourself. I joined the discussion with you about a fabarm, and saying that wildhunter ae doing a great trade in ATAs which are made by Beretta and you went off on 1 about Ridgeline clothing. Read back yourself.

The OP asked a question to the forum when in fact he just should have asked you seeing as you know it all. No need for Google with you around.

Good luck and thanks. Enough is enough.

Advertisement