Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

deise69 wrote: »
    I picked up a 16gb USB flash drive (HP model v195b) for €7.99 this evening in Tesco Lisduggan, Waterford. They had about 20 left 2 hours ago.

Got one in Poleberry yesterday. There was 2 left!

The 8gb ones were €12.50 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Checked for the following in Tescos Greystones, but with no luck:

- HP 16GB USB stick (largest they had in this HP range was 4GB)
    - Cadburys variety bags (had the larger 'Max Mini' bags)
    - 1.5 meter HDMI cable (were all 2 meter)
    - Milka Cream Bars (had a few other flavours)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭Nollog

The Tesco version of terry's chocolate orange are 82 cent in Clonmel.
    I remember paying 1.64 for them not three weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

I bought the after eights this morning. Shelf price was €1.50 but they scanned at €3.45. Went to customer service and they gave me €7.90 back and kept the choccys too. Happy days:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I bought the after eights this morning. Shelf price was €1.50 but they scanned at €3.45. Went to customer service and they gave me €7.90 back and kept the choccys too. Happy days:D

I thought Tesco had stopped refunding the full price amount, and were only giving back the amount you were overcharged now?! :confused:
    I know our local tesco do this, they said it was a change to the refund poilcy. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Same in Naas, carlow portlaoise, tallaght. Only refund the the amount overcharged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

et101 wrote: »
    I was in Clearwater AND Cabra today and saw none of these bargains WWHHHHHYY!! I looked for the Cadbuty mini bars and they had none. looked for Plenty and they had none, looked for the Santa Clause toilet rolls and they had none. Well peeved now, think i'll have to hit the bargain slab of Heineken ;)

OH + mini me just came in from Cabra with a bag full of the variety bags, all free because of the €10 off vouchers for the first 3 weeks, plenty left, get shopping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Could someone post the barcode for the Cadbury Variety bag or the normal cost of it?
    Milka bars are 1.35 in my local, found some Mint Crisp for 39c, some 4 pack Mentos for 80c, and there was still a few Toblerone dark for 12c...and then I arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭CWone

Jeez, never see any of these bargains in Crumlin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Cherrycola wrote: »
    I thought Tesco had stopped refunding the full price amount, and were only giving back the amount you were overcharged now?! :confused:
    I know our local tesco do this, they said it was a change to the refund poilcy. :(

I thought that too, but just the other week I got nabbed for two 6 pks of yoghurt that was supposed to 2for1 but charged for both... I was refunded twice the value of one 6 pk (€7.18 I think) which I wasn't going to argue about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

No1J wrote: »
    OH + mini me just came in from Cabra with a bag full of the variety bags, all free because of the €10 off vouchers for the first 3 weeks, plenty left, get shopping.

I don't believe you was there again today and looked for them but couldn't see them at all!! Where are they cos I'm either going stupid......... I think I'll just leave it at that! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264491105
    Tesco finest gianduoitti chocolates marked 1.12 (should be 4.49).

Milka choc now scanning at 32c per bar - still a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

This was in Tallaght store. The girl at CS said that because I was overcharged, policy was to refund double the difference. Dnt know where she got €7.90 from but hey, I wasn't arguing!

Found them!! I was looking for bags but I found the little selection packs I guess that's what you were talking about. 75c a steal :D

This was in Tallaght store. The girl at CS said that because I was overcharged, policy was to refund double the difference. Dnt know where she got €7.90 from but hey, I wasn't arguing!

Oh no you will have the truth brigade on your case, equivalent of stealing, people loosing their jobs because of your actions, giving boardies a bad name etc etc!!! I'd take the money and run too what's seldom is wonderful ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

et101 wrote: »
    Found them!! I was looking for bags but I found the little selection packs I guess that's what you were talking about. 75c a steal :D

Photo please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Yatesonskates

Last week I finally saw a boards bargain alert in the Galway Tesco, in the Tesco Toy sop at the back of the S.C. Behind the counter they had the 16gb HP USB flash drive (HP model v195b), they were marked €39.99, but I thought I'd chance it and asked for 4 of them, the cashier looked at me like I was mad and when he rang them up they came up at €7.99 each. There were 2-3 left on the shelf and after seeing the price he then reached back and took the remaining ones and put them under the counter. Now maybe he was a conscientious employee or maybe he was saving them for himself. I have a lot of nieces and nefews and I thought they'd make great Christmas pressies. Anyway I decided to keep one for myself, it seemed to work fine on my laptop, but it doesn't seem to read in my DVD player, media player, PS3 or my USB port on my car radio. I've since tested it in two PCs and it works, but does seem to have connection problems and I had to wiggle it to get it to work. I've tried re-formating the drive, but no joy. It is formatted for Fat32, which is the right format, but it still won't work. So it will probably work for saving computer files for work and school, but maybe nothing else. Now did anyone else have this problem, am I doing something wrong or did I just get a lemon? I still have 3 more I could try but I wanted them for presents. Maybe this alert wasn't such a good bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bought a cheap 8g HP flash drive a few moths ago, it wouldn't work on my PC as but workes fine on my partners windows 7 laptop. Same thing only saved files etc on mine.

the 75c selection boxes are blue plastic wrapped around a tray, as apposed to the 'box'. They are cadbury's and are one of the only ones that have a fudge in them. Sorry cant find a pic online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Last week I finally saw a boards bargain alert in the Galway Tesco, in the Tesco Toy sop at the back of the S.C. Behind the counter they had the 16gb HP USB flash drive (HP model v195b), they were marked €39.99, but I thought I'd chance it and asked for 4 of them, the cashier looked at me like I was mad and when he rang them up they came up at €7.99 each. There were 2-3 left on the shelf and after seeing the price he then reached back and took the remaining ones and put them under the counter. Now maybe he was a conscientious employee or maybe he was saving them for himself. I have a lot of nieces and nefews and I thought they'd make great Christmas pressies. Anyway I decided to keep one for myself, it seemed to work fine on my laptop, but it doesn't seem to read in my DVD player, media player, PS3 or my USB port on my car radio. I've since tested it in two PCs and it works, but does seem to have connection problems and I had to wiggle it to get it to work. I've tried re-formating the drive, but no joy. It is formatted for Fat32, which is the right format, but it still won't work. So it will probably work for saving computer files for work and school, but maybe nothing else. Now did anyone else have this problem, am I doing something wrong or did I just get a lemon? I still have 3 more I could try but I wanted them for presents. Maybe this alert wasn't such a good bargain.

As these dont have a full usb connector you can put them in upside down. Most of the time thats the issue, ours work fine in all the computers, the wii, the car stereo and bravia tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I got a few of these and they all work perfectly, I've saved everything from documents to movies and played them in everything from TV to car radio, no problem. As Moodrater says, some appliances might require you to insert them contact to contact.
    On another point, there were still a few of these in my local Tesco on Monday, priced at €39.99 and scanning at €7.99 but when I checked last night they wouldn't scan at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Yatesonskates

Thanks! I feel so stupid, I just turned it upside down and now it works, at least in the media player, I didn't realize it could fit in both ways, although I still had to give it a bit of a jiggle to connect. Just to note, Play has these for €11.49 with free delivery, although I'm not sure if they will ship these to Ireland.

moonshadow wrote: »
    Photo please.

Can't find a pic but in Cabra they were not in the sweet section or the Christmas section but at the end of an aisle stacked up in boxes. They had lots of them and they are great value. Hope you find them happy hunting!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

I was in Mahon this morning and looked for the Cadbury's variety pack - found the Snack Variety pack - small yellow, purple and pink snacks (5 of each) marked 94c.
    I was using a self-service and it scanned at 4.15 so I called over a guy who checked the shelf and said the tag was wrong but he'd have to give me my 3 bags for 94c each anyway so I'm good for coffee companions for a month:D
    Also stocked up on 1.50 after eights in Midleton on Friday!
    Thanks boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kilmurray

I saw Donegal catch 10 fish cake 420g at 86p. Thought it was good deal( and maybe staff was mistaken for uk price?) and got few of them, But they were scanned at 67c at the till in Tesco maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Tesco Artane

Cling Film @ 37c
    *Fairy Fabric Softener 3 Liter @ 1.50c

* Low stock level @ 1case/5singles..

• Advertisement

IDShot_225x225.jpg

75c selection box.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

75c selection box.

Those bars look like funsize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

loremolis wrote: »
    Those bars look like funsize.

They are funsize bars:( Still not bad value for 75c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Its double the difference in all stores now.

dogtoffee wrote: »

Have you got a source for that ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

msg11 wrote: »

Telephone your local Tesco store to confirm or email them and let us know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

dogtoffee wrote: »

It's been that way for months now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

If you have a canon printer there was a lot ink cartridges RTC in jervis yesterday down to 1.41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Huge amount of toys at half price or less in drogheda , i got a hot wheels set reduced from 40e to 15e and fisher price cuddly dog for 6.49, plus dolls pram from 50 to 20e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Mint Crisp was €1.17 about 1 hour ago in Tesco Drumcondra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

lindtee wrote: »
    So much chocolate reduced:( Managed to pick up 5 of the 97c Cadburys variety bags, and told another lady that they were reduced and she took the remaining 3 or 4 in Mahon. Going to use them instead of selection boxes!! Works out a lot cheaper. (They look like the pic but there are flakes instead of moros)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV_uLlazDPcwCjSLL2omVNTupoOeACu27FATh4neCyxXcwj11z
    Tesco Clonmel had similar bag to above for 94 cent - says Cadbury Variety Favourites Treatsize - with Flake Caramel Crunchie Twirl on front - the weight on the back is 261g - there was NO price showing on the shelf. Other bags scanned at full price.

They still had the 100g bars of Mint Crisp at 39 cent - and were restocking the shelves with them at 11 pm.
    No sign of any of the battery bargains etc. at this location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Mint Crisp was €1.17 about 1 hour ago in Tesco Drumcondra.

Snap same price in dundalk
    and large bars 230g 1.30 odd!(cant rem exact price, still cheap all the same)

They are selling boxes of snowman hankercheif's,paper ones for 24 cents think there is a hundred per box(snowman on front of box)

theavenger wrote: »
    It's been that way for months now.

Not in the store I work in it's not. I know they did change it a few months ago, from a full refund and the product to just the difference back. I will ask the manager on the checkout's about the double the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

No great chocolate or battery bargains in Tesco Clare Hall except these 2 (1.12 euros each)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

And Tesco Finest Milk Truffle Balls (can't find a pic)

Not in the store I work in it's not. I know they did change it a few months ago, from a full refund and the product to just the difference back. I will ask the manager on the checkout's about the double the difference.

Tesco Ireland adopted this new policy on the 4th of June 2011. All stores should have it. It should be displayed on the sign at the customer service desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭deisemum

Nanazolie wrote: »
    No great chocolate or battery bargains in Tesco Clare Hall except these 2 (1.12 euros each)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

And Tesco Finest Milk Truffle Balls (can't find a pic)

I saw these at €1.12 each but if you bought 2 you paid €6. There are quite a few items that work out more expensive if you buy 2 of an item. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

The mint crisp is marked 79c in Carlow & scanning at 39c. Get down there asap!
    Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

yes I work there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I got derma intensive handcream for 75c in tesco Celbridge yesterday. Can't imagine it's supposed to be that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Big signs in all the stores ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭brian_t

deisemum wrote: »
    I saw these at €1.12 each but if you bought 2 you paid €6. There are quite a few items that work out more expensive if you buy 2 of an item. :rolleyes:

I haven't heard of this.
    So if you buy one it's on the bill as €1.12.
    but if you buy two they appear as €3.00 each. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Tesco Clonmel had similar bag to above for 94 cent - says Cadbury Variety Favourites Treatsize - with Flake Caramel Crunchie Twirl on front - the weight on the back is 261g - there was NO price showing on the shelf. Other bags scanned at full price.

They still had the 100g bars of Mint Crisp at 39 cent - and were restocking the shelves with them at 11 pm.
    No sign of any of the battery bargains etc. at this location.

I bought that variety pack in jervis for 94c, no price on the shelves for it. The mint crisps were back up though unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

there are no "bargains" in tesco's, they are able to lower prices through s***wing suppliers and exploititive labour practices.

//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

there are no "bargains" in tesco's, they are able to lower prices through s***wing suppliers and exploititive labour practices.

//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Tesco

save it for elsewhere please.

what do we want?

CHEAP

CHOCOLATE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

--LOS-- wrote: »
    save it for elsewhere please.

what do we want?

CHEAP

CHOCOLATE!