Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WhatApps for IOS - Free

Options
  • 17-07-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

It's free for a limited time

Link here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fuse

Apparently it's moving to a subscription model so you'll have a yearly fee.
    They're saying if you're an existing customer, you won't have to pay this subscription, so download it while it's free now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Installed it on my iphone and it saying that the service expires on 17/7/2014, checked on my android device and the service is for Lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

mine says lifetime and i have the ios version, didnt get it this time though, got it the last time it was free

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

They're also saying that the annual subscription will be around 1 Dollar - pretty good, considering the cost of sending an SMS - particularly abroad.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Posted Today by WhatsApp :

We are updating our business model for new iPhone users going forward. As you know, we used to charge iPhone users a $.99 one time payment, while Android and other platforms had free service for the first year and paid $0.99 a year after that. From now on, we’ve simplified our business model so that all users on all platforms will enjoy their first year of WhatsApp service for free, and only pay $.99 per year after that. We feel that this model will allow us to become the communications service of the 21st century, and provide you the best way to stay in touch with your friends and family with no ads getting in the way. The good news for all current iPhone users is that WhatsApp will be free of charge for the rest of your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've been using it on android for several years now without paying anything (ever, at all), but just checking my account details it says it expires in feb 2014, so who knows.

still, its a great service, so i'm not complaining about that tiny charge for using it, it has saved me a fortune already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

vibe666 wrote: »

still, its a great service, so i'm not complaining about that tiny charge for using it, it has saved me a fortune already. :)
    Yeah i agree, in on it all day long pretty much. I hardly ever use normal texting anymore. It's lightening quick and brill for sending vids/pics for free. I'd have no problem paying a small fee/year to use it...would prefer not to though obviously.:pac:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I've been using MessageMe for the last few months and tbh I find it way better than whatsapp, only problem thou is its taking ages to build up my contacts on it, I'm getting there thou.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I've been using MessageMe for the last few months and tbh I find it way better than whatsapp, only problem thou is its taking ages to build up my contacts on it, I'm getting there thou.

what;s better about it exactly?

lordgoat wrote: »
    what;s better about it exactly?

I find its more reliable and messages are sent almost immediately, it also allows for sending audio, and video messages too. Unfairness thou, I moved from viber to MessageMe rather than whatsapp, more of my contacts were using viber that whatsapp at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Kilteragh

Doesn't Viber do the same thing? And Skype?

Genuine question. Not being smart.

Yeah they do, never been a fan of Skype and regarding viber, in the last few months of using it, I used to find that sometimes it was taking ages for messages to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Use it on my windows phone but can never seem to find the iOS version and the link doesn't work for me. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Using it on Windows Phone and the licence expiry says 'Lifetime'.
    There has bee 2 updates for it in the last few days as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Been using it for about three years I think, every time I approach the date to pay it is automatically extended.

Advertisement