Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English HL poetry predictions

• 09-02-2016 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Just wondering what poets you think have the strongest chance of coming up this year on the Lc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

I can tell you from experience that there's absolutely no way to predict who will come up. You're better off not worrying about it. The more you try to outwit the examiners, the more unpredictable they make it. I think an Oxford study came out saying the LC is ridiculously unpredictable.

Just cover 4-5 and hope to God you get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lolo97

I wouldn't completely bank on Yeats coming up. It happened one year when everyone thought Seamus Heaney was going to come up because of his death that year and he was a well known poet and all that but he didnt come up on the poetry he came up in the unseen section instead. Everyone expected him in the poetry but turned out he didnt come up at all in that section of the exam. I'd know him well but have backups just in case another repeat occurs this year.
    This is the advice my teacher gave us so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

& Durcan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Plath please!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement