Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble fallout thread

Options
  • 25-01-2016 3:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

People shouldn't really have to wade through all of the live thread for the fallout of The Rumble so here's this thread.

now to write some nonsense so that it's what shows up if someone hovers their mouse over the thread instead of spoilers

Ok thats enough of that

It's 2016 and this happened:
    hhh_07.jpg

on a more positive not it does mean Ronan Reigns is not the champ anymore. On a less positive note their match is now bound to be the Mania main event nobody wanted.

AJ styles debuted in the WWE and could have a feud with Kevin Owens though which is nice. Sami Zayn is potentially on the main roster too and alos could be once again feuding with the ever popular Mr Owens.

Becky & Charlotte were given time, present like they mattered and the crowd didn't sh!t on it plus now Sasha is in the mix so... cool (hope Becky doesn't drift outta the mix though)

anywhoo poll to follow (and the other thread will be closed in an hour or so) but what do you all think?

How do you rate this PPV out of 10? 62 votes

1/10
    0%
    6%
    George Huxley 1983bucketybuckIrishBlainebur 4 votes
    1%
    montyrebel 1 vote
    3%
    The ShowstopperUncle Walt 2 votes
    3%
    LoughcChancer3001 2 votes
    12%
    sugarmanDeedsieStereomaniacDublinproudAngronperfectisthehufpc8w3adnk65sebcity 8 votes
    17%
    the groutchDiabhal BeagphatkevRelikkJP Liz V1CSFthe incredible puddingKolidomagnumbudbeakerjoepaulie21 11 votes
    24%
    super_furryrichie.cFirewalkwithmedave1982PaddyBombZemuppetProfessional GrieferriceroItssoeasyIngazZagniGiggsy_Kia_KahaAgent CoulsonirsVirtanen 15 votes
    19%
    Furious-RedAdiboosky88deano546thebostoncrabbrianregan09mrkiscool2Jester252Langdon AlgerA Brad Maddox GuyLithium93_Bret Hart 12 votes
    11%
    A Primal Nutjohnnysmackirish_stevo815AnonymagicianWinnyThePooaaaaaaaahhhhhhJamieHP 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm pretty happy with how the Royal Rumble match went. Triple H winning made sense in the end. I was never a fan but I began getting excited when he came out last night, ha ha. Hopefully we get a good rematch out of him and Roman Reigns. You never know, it might end up being himself vs. Dwayne Johnson either, which apparently they've wanted a while now. The New Day were amazing as usual and deserve to just hold those championships for the foreseeable future. The match was really good and it feels to me like they're just improving steadily with each match we see them in. They did well even though it felt like this match with The Usos didn't get all that much build on television. I was delighted to see Kalisto beat Alberto Del Rio again and regain the United States Championship. There were a couple of moments in the match where I think he was actually knocked loopy but it all made sense within the context of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Not too fond of the booking but it was still a very enjoyable show. All the matches were at least good and it had one of the best Rumble matches in a long time.

Regarding Becky, they killed her momentum stone dead especially when Sasha kicked her out of the ring like a sack of spuds. She was just a stepping stone on the way to Sasha-Charlotte at WrestleMania which is a shame as she was doing really well. But if Sasha-Charlotte is the plan for WrestleMania then what happened last night made perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Thought it was a really good show! Not a bad match on the card, some things I would have done differently but it was still enjoyable. The idea of of AJ against Owens, Jericho, Zayn, Neville, Bray and Brock are very exciting! HHH being champ is fine by me, regardless of his age he's still one of the best of all time and can still go end of story. Once Roman doesn't main event mania then I'm happy, he has a lot of potential but he just isn't there yet so I don't want him forced into us. curious to see fastlane now.

Also, AJ's theme is sick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So everyone is talking about HHH facing Reigns. But doesn't Ambrose get a shot as being the last guy in the ring besides HHH. I know Reigns technically is owed a rematch, but maybe Ambrose gets HHH at Fastlane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think it will be y2j vs ambrose for ic title last night as had been suggested. I think ambrose eliminated jericho last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Royal Rumble undercard was solid, well booked considering how bipolar WWE's booking can be, the only the downside the Royal Rumble match itself was predictable as hell.. But then again with the injuries piled high, they did what they had to..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I made my feelings pretty clear on the other thread so won't repeat them here. Gave the show an 8, really enjoyed everything other than Reigns' booking. Not sure how interested I am in seeing Reigns against HHH in the main event of WrestleMania, or Brock against Wyatt but looking forward to seeing what they do with Owens, Sami, Styles, Ambrose, Sheamus & Jericho. The New Day badly need another few tag teams to fight though, I like the Usos but the feud should be done after last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Was it just me that marked out like **** when aj styles stood across the ring from reigns there's money in that match down the line for definite, I love how Cole and jbl put him over like hell toO when he came out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I don't think we'll ever see Ambrose getting to hold the world title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So everyone is talking about HHH facing Reigns. But doesn't Ambrose get a shot as being the last guy in the ring besides HHH. I know Reigns technically is owed a rematch, but maybe Ambrose gets HHH at Fastlane.

i think the issue with giving the belt the HHH considering the whole thing is the authorithy getting the belt off of roman is that it is now completely obvious what will happen in the world title frame in the next 2 monthsish to WM.

Firstly reigns somehow ends up getting into the frame of a no 1 contender-ship match at fastlanes. i feel hhh will likely not defend the title until WM now.
    odds stacked up against reigns at fastlane but he just about does it. maybe its him vs lesner and the wyatts attack lesner leading to his win and building to lesner vs wyatt. he gets beaten down repeatedly by the new day and league of nations up to WM where he overcomes the odds likely with some help maybe from the rock and the usos to beat hhh as they couldn't in their right minds keep the title on him beyond WM at this stage of his career.

far more interesting in it for me would have been reigns win and have to defend at fastlanes with a side match determining the no.1 title match leading the uncertainty of him having the title by WM or who will face him i would have wyatt face him at WM and win and put luke harper who is hugely talented with the help of the rest of the family in a story vs lesnar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Somewhat surprised that (if I recall correctly) Brock was throw out by guys that were elimated! Haymen is going to bring this to light and get him thrown straight into the main event imo.... He will give it all that 'My client should champ right now' and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,961 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Brock Lesnar does not get out of bed for Luke Harper. Tbh even Bray Wyatt isn't really worthy of Brock at Wrestlemania.

Ruu wrote: »
    I don't think we'll ever see Ambrose getting to hold the world title.

Well certainly not while Vince is still around... After Vince, anything is possible.

CSF wrote: »
    Brock Lesnar does not get out of bed for Luke Harper. Tbh even Bray Wyatt isn't really worthy of Brock at Wrestlemania.

It would've been a great match, had Bray been built up properly, and not blowing hot and cold like he does, but yet the WWE will push ahead with it, because the roster is so depleted w/injuries..

It'd be a squash & an easy payday for Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,961 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It would've been a great match, had Bray been built up properly, and not blowing hot and cold like he does, but yet the WWE will push ahead with it, because the roster is so depleted w/injuries..

It'd be a squash & an easy payday for Brock.

Yeah kinda this, if Bray was something that wouldn't relegate Brock by losing, with the Wyatt Family involved it could have been interesting.

But it would be an outrage if Lesnar lost after Bray getting his ass kicked by Reigns all year, and that doesn't make for a great feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The only thing that sucked is Brock being shoved down the card to face The Wyatts. They needs a re-tooling fast. The Wyatt family aren't a dominate force despite the booking against Kane, Big Show and Henry. Brock owned all three of the big men in the rumble and after a "four on one beat down", Brock just walked away. How are they a threat?

Just go all 1999 and have HHH vacates the title and we get a match between Dean and Brock/Sheamus for the title at Fastlane. Also have HHH and Roman in a cage match to become the number one contender for the title at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The only thing that sucked is Brock being shoved down the card to face The Wyatts. They needs a re-tooling fast. The Wyatt family aren't a dominate force despite the booking against Kane, Big Show and Henry. Brock owned all three of the big men in the rumble and after a "four on one beat down", Brock just walked away. How are they a threat?

Just go all 1999 and have HHH vacates the title and we get a match between Dean and Brock/Sheamus for the title at Fastlane. Also have HHH and Roman in a cage match to become the number one contender for the title at WM.

Having watched it out now finally I have to say they set it up masterfully to keep the crowd from ****ting on it,

Had AJ and Jericho come in early and last ages

The person to throw out AJ A fan favourite in Kevin Owens

Kept him in there until Sami Zayn came in and threw him out

Kept Sami in there until just before Brock came in

And had Strowman obliterate Kane and Big show the two people complained most about

and having Ambrose one on one with Triple H aswell at the end.......

Putting the title on the line they booked themselves into a corner in the final 2 there was only one winner, but if the title wasn't on the line you could have had Ambrose win and had two months then to build him for Wrestlemania

Having watched it out now finally I have to say they set it up masterfully to keep the crowd from ****ting on it,

Had AJ and Jericho come in early and last ages

The person to throw out AJ A fan favourite in Kevin Owens

Kept him in there until Sami Zayn came in and threw him out

Kept Sami in there until just before Brock came in

And had Strowman obliterate Kane and Big show the two people complained most about

and having Ambrose one on one with Triple H aswell at the end.......

Putting the title on the line they booked themselves into a corner in the final 2 there was only one winner, but if the title wasn't on the line you could have had Ambrose win and had two months then to build him for Wrestlemania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Styles being brought in as a huge deal is unthinkable when you look at it from 2005 eyes like meself. The closest you got is Matt Hardy doing a run-in. Now we have the most un-WWE signings coming.

And also Jericho is the absolute worst. Sucked the life out of the match and stayed in 40 minutes too long. He's so past it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

12540647_951989468187741_5632480362486838042_n.jpg?oh=a0e526ad9f681220a189741f315fdbe4&oe=5746E8DE

• Registered Users Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's incredible.

WWE spend months, nay years, making sure their heels cheat to win big matches.

Not HHH.

He gets to win as clean as a fúcking sheet.

If only they booked their other heels like HHH, the roster might not be in the fúcking state it's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's incredible.

WWE spend months, nay years, making sure their heels cheat to win big matches.

Not HHH.

He gets to win as clean as a fúcking sheet.

If only they booked their other heels like HHH, the roster might not be in the fúcking state it's in.

Exactly. Ive np problem with their booking expect that only a McMahon gets this kind of treatment.

He came in at number 30 and the two main threats were taken out by factions....not as clean as you think

• Registered Users Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He came in at number 30 and the two main threats were taken out by factions....not as clean as you think

If it had been Rollins, do you think he'd have got to throw out Reigns and Ambrose like he did?

Honestly?

HHH came off like a star. He didn't back down from anyone and beat people pretty much straight up. It's a pity they're too scared to book other heels like him.

Do you think HHH is going to lose matches regularly on RAW now? Do you think he'll look weak? Or do you think he'll be any overbearing bully who you'll look forward to seeing getting his ass kicked - like most main event heels in history.

HHH was booked correctly last night. It's just fúcking ridiculous that no other heels get booked like that.

See I think it's WWE's own fault they've booked themselves in to a massive corner with there anti booking of the likes of Wyatt, Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins etc

There hasn't been anyone bar Lesnar and Cena booked strong in the last 3-4 years and all this see saw booking of the lower to upper mid card has screwed the capability of all the up and coming guys, There's a lot of things to blame here but I don't think Triple H is one of them

See I think it's WWE's own fault they've booked themselves in to a massive corner with there anti booking of the likes of Wyatt, Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins etc

There hasn't been anyone bar Lesnar and Cena booked strong in the last 3-4 years and all this see saw booking of the lower to upper mid card has screwed the capability of all the up and coming guys, There's a lot of things to blame here but I don't think Triple H is one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really like the Wyatts and think they could have been this big, dominant group who can terrorise and drive someone crazy but they've and in particular Bray have spent the last 18 months losing every big match. WWE have made them into a bit of a joke and now we're suddenly expected to see them as a threat to the companiy's biggest baddest beast.

Would you say that taking into account the buildup, storyline*, the match itself and post-match angle that this was the best women's match on the main roster.

*I actually got emotional during the video package.

The only mark against it is the ending, losing because of a jacket over her head but I guess that's not Becky or Charlotte's fault. If Becky had won after all that build-up it would have been amazing. Oh well.

• Advertisement

Would you say that taking into account the buildup, storyline*, the match itself and post-match angle that this was the best women's match on the main roster?

*I actually got emotional during the video package.

The only mark against it is the ending, losing because of a jacket over her head but I guess that's not Becky or Charlotte's fault. If Becky had won after all that build-up it would have been amazing. Oh well.

Advertisement