Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2016 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PaddyHat

accounting HL,bar-code on top left.
    Q1 manuafacturing
    Q2
    Q3 creditors control
    Q4 incomplete records
    Q5 ratios
    Q6 club
    Q7 published
    Q8
    Q9 production budget

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RachelAC

spurious wrote: »
    I know for sure Examcraft have a bar code on the right top corner. This does not rule out the possibility that DEB have too. Wait until someone can confirm about DEB.

I think DEB have a barcode in the left corner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Calzer10 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Hoping some of you can give me few tips and hints for the following: (DEB) German OL
    Geography HL
    Business HL
    Biology HL
    If anyone wants to ask me anything for the exams I've done..ask away.

Search the thread for those subjects and see why there is a rule saying no requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

RachelAC wrote: »
    Did you find out? Deb or examcraft?

English is Examcraft. Geo not sure yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hardy buck salmon

French HL (Examcraft, I think)
    AURAL:
    Same as posted above - the one with environmental festival + accommodation + 49% represent good drivers.

WRITTEN:
    The two comprehensions were handy enough. One was about a lad living with little or no money and the other was a short story extract.

Diary Entry:
    You are on your school's debs committee and you just learn that all the money has been stolen. Give your reaction blah blah.

90-word opinion piece:
    Are our lives too focused on material things. Should we live simpler lives, something like that.

75-word piece:
    1. Young people and social media.
    2. Leaving cert system.
    3. Picture of refugees coming on boat. Should Ireland help them?

That's all I remember, not a bad paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 erbearsquare

Just want to confirm this by asking what is in Paper 1 was it:
    Theme of success with a letter on you 20 years from now, blog post on role models and something else. Essays included personal essay on how you are unique, short stories on a character(s) surviving a disaster and a moment of illumination.
    [/quote]

I haven't done Paper 1 yet but from what I've heard and seen, yeah that's paper 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hardy buck salmon

Biology HL Experiment:
    To investigate the effect of light intensity OR carbon dioxide concentration on the rate of photosynthesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saoirse23

Biology HL Experiment:
    To investigate the effect of light intensity OR carbon dioxide concentration on the rate of photosynthesis.

Is that DEB or EXAMCRAFT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lcerter16

French DEB HL - haven't sat the exam yet but this is what I was told from a friend.
    Immigration, drugs, stress of daily life and issues with the education system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 erich0779

DCG Deb Higher level - just finished the paper today can give people hints if they're interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Randomk98 wrote: »
    I'm looking for Accounting/Physics Examcraft???
    Accounting:
    60 mark revaluation, 60 mark club account, 100 mark Q5 (essay on a report to bank manager), 100 mark published, 100 mark suspense, 100 mark cash budget (might have some production budget stuff but still not sure).

I had Biology D.E.B today! Higher level
    Experiments
    Ecology
    Dicot plant
    pH Enymes

Long questions:
    DNA
    Ecology
    Muscles, Heart, bones
    Respiraton
    The ear, lymphatic system,homeostasis
    The Placenta, transport in plants, tropisms

And Examcraft HL French today too

Comprehensions:
    About a guy who spends no money

About a student meeting her teacher for coffee

Essays:
    Something about life
    Or
    Would you help your teacher if they were in a difficult situation

Journal about I don't know
    Or
    A note to a teaching assistant

Social media basically
    Or
    Pollution (a picture of sea pollution)

The leaving cert
    Or
    Emigration

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

English HL DEB Paper 1
    Question B:
    Text 1: Imagine you are a refugee in Ireland. Write the text of the talk explaining why you chose to come here and the positive and negative aspects of life in Ireland.
    Text 2: A book proposal(with brief outline of book,explain why you have chosen it and describe aspects of the book.
    Text 3: An editorial for a national newspaper about the aftermath of a recent sporting event,educational or political controversy.(include:express your own views on the matter, outline how participants in the dispute behaved and examine the consequences)
    Composition:
    1. Short story: the main character makes a decision that sets gim or her free.
    2. Personal essay: the importance of being true to yourself
    3. Speech: delivered to your local council in which you urge them to deal with what you consider to be the most pressing concerns in your area.
    4.Discursive essay: the importance of finding quiet time in a world that offers endless opportunities for communication.
    5.Speech: ' Young people should have a stronger voice in Ireland today".
    6. Feature article: for popular magazine on the need for love and acceptance in our lives
    7. Short story: a characters life is transformed by circumstances outside of their world

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NiallM8

I have maths HL paper 1 DEB finished today. If anybody would like some of the questions pm me and ill help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conorh1892

Physics HL (examcraft I think, barcode was in top right corner) there was a lot of choice and I can't remember it all but
    experiments:
    acceleration proportional to force
    speed of sound in air
    resistivity of a nichrome wire
    either latent heat of vaporisation/fusion (I cant remember which, sorry!)

regular questions:
    satellites & circular/linear motion
    gravitational/centripetal force
    lenses & refraction
    how a freezer works & latent heat of fusion
    Archimedes & air density/pressure & upthrust
    gold foil exp & rutherford model of atom

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Randomk98

Conorh1892 wrote: »
    Physics HL (examcraft I think, barcode was in top right corner) there was a lot of choice and I can't remember it all but
    experiments:
    acceleration proportional to force
    speed of sound in air
    resistivity of a nichrome wire
    either latent heat of vaporisation/fusion (I cant remember which, sorry!)

regular questions:
    satellites & circular/linear motion
    gravitational/centripetal force
    lenses & refraction
    how a freezer works & latent heat of fusion
    Archimedes & air density/pressure & upthrust
    gold foil exp & rutherford model of atom

We were told one of the experiments was
    Methods of mixtures.
    That sound right for Q4?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaneReaction 123

DEB Irish Hl

Paper Two:
    Comprehensions: Easter Rising and Boxing
    Prós: An Gnáthrud (About the ending)
    Filíocht: Mo ghrá-sa (idir lúibíní)
    A Thig Na Thit Orm: (Maidhc has learned a lot from his family and teachers.Discuss)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FionnD

NiallM8 wrote: »
    If anybody has HL Construction done would you mind pm me please!
    For exam craft, the 2 sketches is a door and window. Know the timber frame drawing because you have to sketch it. The U-Value and heat loss are on it. A question on how to prevent dampness entering the house. Know Zone heating and a hot water system as well as a solar panel. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cxxlin

I really don't get how you're all requesting when it's been stated in the title and in the thread itself that there's no requests...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Han27

saoirse23 wrote: »
    Do you know anyone who did OL French DEB...have a rather I'll friend just out of hospital who could really use a hand.And HL Irish paper 2

Think it was DEB

Overal a easy enough paper

Comprehensions
    Students experience with school
    Something to do with websites
    Guy who plays table tennis
    Something to do with a guy who sees a ghost (really weird)

Fill in the gaps was like your sorry for replying late you had exams and were studying. You were in some kind of crash I think and you had to get a new car. Was kind of hard.

Formulaire was to work somewhere abroad 1 Q was answer on your hobbies.

Last written bit I done a postcard and points were
    -Your away on a beach with friends for 2 weeks
    -Your going to a party later that night
    - You hope to visit a place tomorrow

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

STOP
    MAKING
    REQUESTS
    ITS
    IN
    THE
    TITLE
    AND
    FIRST

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ItssDylannnn

wellm8 wrote: »
    Higher!
    In the DEB paper (bar code on the top left) I know Maslow's theory of motivation and a question on CAP and the European social charter, something to do with product development (There was a feasibility study, a prototype and two of the others.) You have to put them in over and then explain two of them. In that same question there was a question on job and batch production. There was a question o the sale of goods act so learn that one. Also a question on contracts, something about how to cancel them I think it was. If I'm not mistaken I think the Industrial relations act came up as well.In the short questions there was a question to do with a break even chats, learn how to work it all out! That all I can think of at the moment, messaged a few of the lads in the class and they cant' remember. I know that question mentioned above is near the end of the paper, I think its the 2nd last question. Sorry if its not helpful, I done the test on Tuesday and its all gone out of my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaneReaction 123

hubluh wrote: »
    What were the questions for the extra poetry?
    (A Chlann)

Main theme?
    Meaning of last stanza?
    What can we learn from person who wrote poem?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 MusicLover8498

Just testing spoilers before I post something

• Registered Users Posts: 50 MusicLover8498

History Higher Level! DEB I think barcode top left corner :rolleyes:

CASE STUDY:
    Show Trials, question was on Stalin's use of show trials to consolidate power.

SOVEREIGNTY AND PARTITION:
    1. Why did the 1916 Rising happen and to what extent was the 1916 Rising a success?
    2. How did the Treaty lead to Civil War
    3. Something about De Valera's financial and international policies I think
    4. Something about culture North and South

NORTHERN IRELAND:
    1. Something about loyalist and nationalist terrorism
    2. Not sure Anglo Irish Agreement maybe?
    3. Can't remember
    4. Impact of one or more of the following on Northern Ireland: The Apprentice Boys; Seamus Heaney; Ecumenism

UNITED STATES:
    1. Urban Poverty, drugs, crime and racial conflict
    2. Decline in Cold War policies I think
    3. Why did Johnson escalate Vietnam and how did this impact on US domestic affairs
    4. Really can't remember what this was

Overall a very nice exam imo let's hope for something as nice in June :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saoirse23

Hans27 thanks a million

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

erich0779 wrote: »
    DCG Deb Higher level - just finished the paper today can give people hints if they're interested
    NiallM8 wrote: »
    I have maths HL paper 1 DEB finished today. If anybody would like some of the questions pm me and ill help you out
    Far better to post hints (spoilered of course), unless you want your mailbox packed with PMs from frantic panicky people! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

OL IRISH P2
    think it was Examcraft, paper one was about why I live my phone and moving school.

Comprehension about Mary black and athletics, seemed more difficult than they usually are for OL!

DÍS - 5 general questions about the story just learn the summary.

CÁCA MILLIS - 2 points about Paul's personality and terrible things that Catherine done to him

AN SPALPÍN FÁNACH - 2 points of theme
    2 images 2 reasons why you did/didn't like it

GÉIBHEANN - 5 general questions about the poem(short) 2 emotions 2 reasons why you did/ didn't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 nikkilc

Anyone else find Ordinary level Maths P1 pretty difficult? Not sure what paper we had but there was
    a q9 about two companys and it was a function and a graph and I hadn't a clue what I was supposed to do :P
    Other's in my class said they found it difficult too but I am fairly disappointed because P1 is usually my strength :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement