Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls 6???

Options
  • 03-04-2015 11:15pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

So rumour has it that Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be announced at the E3 Expo in June. I only heard this for the first time today, and damn near soiled myself with excitement! Has anyone else heard much about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i heard another rumour about fallout 4 at E3, but i dunno.. could be anything at this stage, and i doubt bethesda will quash any rumours before then either.. gits!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd love if elder scrolls 6 went back to Cyrodiil. I keep imagining going around the imperial city with Skyrim-or-better quality graphics and UI and just drooling. Or if they did some sort of awesome set-up sort of like ESO in that you can go to all of tamriel, but with a better storyline and it's not an MMO.

Yeah, ESO seemed like a step backwards after skyrim - even co-op with the skyrim engine and level of detail would have worked so much better than the mmo

Ah, sure we can hope anyway :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Alas I fear we would be disappointed!

wont know for certain til E3 :)

• Advertisement

I have absolutely no patience!! :o I'll probably be checking online every day in the hopes that something gets leaked! I hope whatever it is, that it's as mod-able as Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I would love a game set in Elsweyr (sp?) I am a big fan of khajiits.

i think it's actually just called Elsewhere :D mad cats :)

That's what too much Skooma does to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

I would love a game set in Elsweyr (sp?) I am a big fan of khajiits.

I'm currently playing through this mod at the minute! Will keep ye updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

A bit of googling has given a few sources reporting that the announcement will be in June of this year for a release date of March 2016

After that it gets a bit murky with talk of different settings, possibly multiple settings for the game. One interesting one is Argonia, better pack my wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I hate argonians, cant trust them as far as ye can throw them.

I'd say you're right at home in Stormcloak held Windhelm so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭NJto.IE

Bethesda is one of the big 3 developers appearing at E3 2015. It's clear that they will announce a new game, either Fallout 3 or Elder Scrolls VI. There's an already announced Wolfenstein game that is making an appearance as well.

I wonder what are the chances that Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls VI are announced at E3?

I really love this series, especially Oblivion (best lore) and Morrowind. The main quest of Skyrim was so boring I didn't even go to the midway point, but I enjoyed most of the game.

I love killing off all the vampires and the Dark Brotherhood. Would like to see more time devoted to both in the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

With the new Fallout does this dampen theories of an TES VI being launched?

not for me, if Fallout 4 is successful (and it will be) it just means bethesda has the development cash for a new elder scrolls title. They may have one underway as it is, but tbh any open world rpg they do is something i'm interested in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

The development cycles on TES games are usually really long in excess of five years, so I would hope that they're working on TES 6 at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

Bethesda briefing tomorrow (well 3pm our time) at E3 for upcoming releases. Image on the link has TES imagery but no mention of whats coming.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-e3-2016-briefing-confirmed/1100-6434381/

could be just a brand recognition thing, but sure i'll remain hopeful anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

The rumour is a HD version of Skyrim for the Xb1/ps4 but I'd love if it was a hint of a new game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

Dr Bob wrote: »
    The rumour is a HD version of Skyrim for the Xb1/ps4 but I'd love if it was a hint of a new game..

I heard the same thing. Also with mod support, which would be pretty awesome for console gamers.

But yeah, hopefully they also talk about ESVI.

Dr Bob wrote: »

So this is it, remastered special edition at end of October. Selected mods allowed on consoles, ps4 and xbox
    Free to pc users with all dcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

paulbok wrote: »
    So this is it, remastered special edition at end of October. Selected mods allowed on consoles, ps4 and xbox
    Free to pc users with all dcs.

Any word on whether old saves will work on the HD console version? Would love to play this again, but don't think I could face going back to the beginning.

Any word on whether old saves will work on the HD console version? Would love to play this again, but don't think I could face going back to the beginning.

pretty sure you'd be able to yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

pretty sure you'd be able to yeah

Hopefully mod support on pc is unaffected, but there could be issues with mods looking rough on the remastered vanilla graphics. (that is what remastered will mean?)

well tbh you can already play skyrim with an equal measure of what's being promised in the remaster through the current workshop mods on steam. What the free pc version is going to do is change/update the textures etc.. so that it's similar to the ones you see in fallout4 - godrays and such. So the likes of a save should still be fine regardless.

The only thing i can see it being a benefit for pc, is that it'll probably run better because it wont have a dozen other mods running at the same time. That being said, even when i run skyrim with no mods it still crashes randomly anyway, i'm not counting on them fixing stuff like that ever tbh

I'm kinda disappointed by that. I wish they'd added in another DLC for Skyrim or something.

So nothing of note this year, surely they have to announce it next year?

• Advertisement

paulbok wrote: »
    So nothing of note this year, surely they have to announce it next year?

Looks unlikely :-(

http://kotaku.com/todd-howard-says-elder-scrolls-vi-is-a-very-long-way-of-1781902765

Advertisement