Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling with French.

Options
  • 01-02-2016 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I do 7 subjects at the moment and am aiming for 450-500 points. I am doing Hl in every subject(Maths, English, Irish, Biology, French, Business, Geography). I know I am capable of getting the high grades I need in the subjects, but I am really struggling with French. I have not done much study in any subject but have practically given up on French. To get these points I need to do a lot of study, I am aware, but I know I won't count French. Is there any point wasting time studying french at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭schaffer1969

Tomk_1111 wrote: »
    Is there any point wasting time studying french at this stage?

Yes. You might not do as well in another subject and need to count the points from French.
    Why not drop to pass French and get a decent grade at this level?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

I have given up on french also and I am now just concentrating on 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I always say that you should aim for a c2/c1 in the higher level subject rather than be stuck at the 60 max points for an A in ordinary level. It's your decision but would you give higher level a go for the mocks and take it from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

Yeah, the French mock is next Thursday. At this point, I fell that I am going to fail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Tomk_1111 wrote: »
    Yeah, the French mock is next Thursday. At this point, I fell that I am going to fail...

At this stage practice any sample answers to oral questions you have and go for it and see how you get on. It goes so quickly you'll be in shock. No decisions about changing levels needs to be made ASAP. Just focus on getting through your mocks first. Put it out of your head until they are all over. :) then make your decision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement