Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Spotlight - Kankan14

• 14-01-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

Well after a week of quality questions with GerryBBadd, PW Spotlight rolls on this week with Kankan14, whos been on boards the last 3 years (at least)

For those unaware of this concept, each week a different member of the PW Boards community is highlighted in a thread, and the rest of the community gets to fire wrestling related questions at him. The aim of the spotlight thread is to simply get to know each poster that little bit better and its a great way to grandstand and hotdog about yourself if highlighted.

There are a few rules that should be followed :
    1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread (follow up questions are ok)
    5. Only the poster should be answering the questions.
    6. There is a limit of 3 questions per poster though you may follow each of those questions up if needed.

So we have one week of questions with Kankan14 . fire away folks.

Ill get the ball rolling shall I with my 3 questions

1. Whos your fav wrestler ever?

2. You always seem to follow PW Draft, yet never participate. Would you like to take part in any one?

3. What was your highlight of last years draft (if you recall) ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

1) What was your Match of the Year for 2015?

2) Were you bitten by the "Making A Murderer" bug on Netflix?

3) Who's the next breakout star in WWE (or NXT)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Fire away with any questions ye want at all lads. Wrestling aside Im 30 married to a malaysian lady since march. Im used to play rugby soccer et al the usual sports. I must say darts is the only one I ever had a talent for (once threw a.9 darter).

Im used to be 26st im 18 now.
    I work in security so fire away.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Someone asked it in the last round and it's a great question I think, if you could travel back in time and change one thing in wrestling what would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

If you could sign somebody for a one-off appearance on NXT who would they be & who would they face?

Pick a favourite; Big Show or Kane and why?

Who do you think will win the Royal Rumble match?

Ill get the ball rolling shall I with my 3 questions

1. Whos your fav wrestler ever?

2. You always seem to follow PW Draft, yet never participate. Would you like to take part in any one?

3. What was your highlight of last years draft (if you recall) ?[/quote]

1. All time bret. Currently believe it or not Cena!
    2. Its too time consuming but I love the idea of it, so always keep an eye on it.
    3. TBC writing an all diva draft. Took balls imo.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    1) What was your Match of the Year for 2015?

2) Were you bitten by the "Making A Murderer" bug on Netflix?

3) Who's the next breakout star in WWE (or NXT)?

1. Rollins orton I cant remember which card but the one where rollins leapt into an rko. That spot stuck with. They both sell the perfect amount imo.

2. No but my wife keeps bangin on about it!

3. Hope its Finn/Devitt however I have zero faith in creative until trips takes total control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Kankan14 wrote: »
    3. TBC writing an all diva draft. Took balls imo.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

There your q's bro I f*cked up the quote ;)

I misread the post myself i think. :) alls well and ends well

Someone asked it in the last round and it's a great question I think, if you could travel back in time and change one thing in wrestling what would it be?

Definatly Montreal screwjob. Just to see how things pan out.

But also if they let hogan lose more circa 1990 would Savage/Warrior et al have created an even more unreal legacy.

• Advertisement

If you could sign somebody for a one-off appearance on NXT who would they be & who would they face?

Pick a favourite; Big Show or Kane and why?

Who do you think will win the Royal Rumble match?

1.I would love to see Angle v Finn.

2. I dont have any hatred for either but like a lot of folks am just sick of the sight of them. I guess they are going nowhere atm with all the injuries.

I prefer Kane always have. The way he debuted was pretty special too.

3. I think and hope Brock Lesnar wins. ( or suprise entrant Jushin Thunder Liger)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Definatly Montreal screwjob. Just to see how things pan out.

But also if they let hogan lose more circa 1990 would Savage/Warrior et al have created an even more unreal legacy.
    Yeah that was always my thoughts too, and the original question was going to be just asking if you would change that but I thought maybe a more general question would be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Are you a Kendrick Lamar fan?

Have you ever been to a WWE house show/live event?

Have you ever met any wrestlers?

What movies are looking forward to in 2016?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Where are you from? Hope that's not being too nosey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Is there a story behind your username?

If you were wrestling and could choose your own gimmick, what would it be?

Are you a Kendrick Lamar fan?

Have you ever been to a WWE house show/live event?

Have you ever met any wrestlers?

What movies are looking forward to in 2016?
    1. Not really but I love this quote
    “There’s just a certain knowledge instilled in a woman. There are these things that women have that men just can’t grasp: the understanding of love; the understanding of being; having a certain type of care in your heart and knowing when to be compassionate; knowing how to be a confidante…”

2. Ive been with my godson to the o2 thats it im afraid. I also went to an indy show in the two mile inn co.clare about 25 years ago. Mind = blown.

3. Briefly met a few when doing security in a belfast hotel several years ago. Zack ryder was an absolute gent, he was the only one I got the chance to talk to.

4. None really but I will watch Creed and the new tarantino movie.

Where are you from? Hope that's not being too nosey.

Limerick and no it isn't.

Is there a story behind your username?

If you were wrestling and could choose your own gimmick, what would it be?
    When I played football my friends called the white kanu. It became Kankan for a while. Was just a phase but it stuck with me so I used it.

In mid 90's wwf I would have fit right in as the law abiding high and mighty citizen always trying to do good but never getting it right.
    Nowadays my gimmick would be total technophobe. Hating on social.media and smart technology etc. bound to make me trend on twitter and get me ahead with the powers that be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Which other forums, if any, do you post on?

Do you ever go to Limerick City FC or Munster Rugby matches?

What's the worst ever WrestleMania in your opinion and why?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Which other forums, if any, do you post on?

Do you ever go to Limerick City FC or Munster Rugby matches?

What's the worst ever WrestleMania in your opinion and why?

Nope this is the only one I follow/post on.

Yes I regularly attend both. Neither could have a more dissapointing than the one just gone.

Wrestlemania 9. Bret lost to yokozuna and got the strap 5 mins later. I was devastated at the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement