Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Smackdown results for 14th January 2016

• 13-01-2016 10:56am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The following results are this week’s WWE Smackdown TV taping results from tonight’s WWE tapings in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Dean Ambrose starts off the show by saying he wants to face Kevin Owens at the Royal Rumble in a Last Man Standing match. Sheamus cuts him off and they almost get into a fight, stemming from RAW, but Owens ends up walking out and accepting the fight. Owens and Sheamus then sneak attack Ambrose, but Neville runs out for the save.

The Dudley Boyz defeat Luke Harper and Eric Rowan in a tables match
    – After the match, Braun Strowman attacked the Dudleys, and threw both of them threw a couple of tables.

Heath Slater, Adam Rose, Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas
    defeated Goldust, Jack Swagger, Zack Ryder & Damien Sandow

Alberto Del Rio defeated Kalisto to win the United States Championship
    – Alberto Del Rio made Kalisto tap out after Wade Barrett helped him

Becky Lynch defeats Brie Bella via submission

Dean Ambrose & Neville vs. Kevin Owens & Sheamus
    – The match is called a no contest after both teams ended up brawling at ringside. The night ends with Neville and Ambrose laying Owens out with their finishers.

While the LMS standing match should be good....I can't believe they nuked Kalisto's title run so quickly! What a ****ing stupid move.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kalisto could be injured or maybe they are trying to get sympathy for him and building him up as the ultimate under dog moniker. Maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Kalisto could be injured or maybe they are trying to get sympathy for him and building him up as the ultimate under dog moniker. Maybe

Then don't give him the fúcking title yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He could have injured it after winning it perhaps. Look at me defending WWE creative hahaha, whats the world coming to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

When I saw that Kalisto lost already I was perplexed but seeing that it was Barrett's interference actually makes sense. Kalisto shocked Del Rio when he beat him 1-on-1 so Del Rio called in the LoN to make sure it didn't happen again. That's a well done heel move in my opinion which will double as a "WWE don't know what they're doing" sympathy building mentality for Kalisto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Kalistos dream came through for ONE night. At least give him a week or two! He got the second best reaction on Monday. Much better than Reigns. I like the pairing on him and Del Rio and they work well together. Hope they don't streeeeetttttch it out too long to the point that nobody cares anymore.

The underdog champion retaining against the odds is a more interesting story. The show could do with more Lucha.

I like Owens and Ambrose together. They had a good match on SD last week. The feud just needs a bit more promo work.

Apart from the better commentary it doesn't look like much has changed at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

When I saw that Kalisto lost already I was perplexed but seeing that it was Barrett's interference actually makes sense. Kalisto shocked Del Rio when he beat him 1-on-1 so Del Rio called in the LoN to make sure it didn't happen again. That's a well done heel move in my opinion which will double as a "WWE don't know what they're doing" sympathy building mentality for Kalisto.
    Feels more likely that WWE actually don't know what they're doing here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Losing to Del Rio who is credible, when he has help is not a difficult moment for a wrestler.

It's also the US title and it's not a problem for it to be swapped around between two guys.

I think it would be stupid not to also protect Del Rio during this feud as he is an important part of the roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The only major problem I have with the move is that they did it on Smackdown. To the vast majority of Raw watchers, it will be a surprise to see Kalisto turn up not champion anymore, so this negates whatever possible impact they were going for, doesn't have the same effect when they have to show it as a highlight from what happened on Smackdown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CSF wrote: »
    The only major problem I have with the move is that they did it on Smackdown. To the vast majority of Raw watchers, it will be a surprise to see Kalisto turn up not champion anymore, so this negates whatever possible impact they were going for, doesn't have the same effect when they have to show it as a highlight from what happened on Smackdown.

I'm not a fan of him losing the title so quickly (although we havent seen it yet so it might not be too bad) but seeing as SD is only just after moving network and they are trying to push it perhaps your actually describing the impact they want, the "ohhh maybe I should watch SD" kinda response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm not a fan of him losing the title so quickly (although we havent seen it yet so it might not be too bad) but seeing as SD is only just after moving network and they are trying to push it perhaps your actually describing the impact they want, the "ohhh maybe I should watch SD" kinda response.

Probably the intention alright but I think they're gonna have to do more than that to make Smackdown relevant again unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I think the first step towards making Smackdown relevant again should be making RAW watchable again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

At least del rio had to have barrett help him to win so hopefully its not just played as a fluke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

And it's good to know that Damien Sandow is still alive

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Virtanen wrote: »
    And it's good to know that Damien Sandow is still alive

ah yea the social outcasts vs the guys considered for a role in the social outcasts match.

Hope they find a use for Sandow although heading into mania season, no doubt he will get lost in the shuffle even if they try

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Did anyone watch Smackdown after, I forgot about it :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch Smackdown after, I forgot about it :o

You and the rest of the viewing public it seems ;)

Advertisement