Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell XPS 1645 BIOS issue

Options
  • 29-07-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Ok folks,

Bit of a long winded one here basically i bought a Dell XPS 1645 in 2009. A few years later i had issues with the charger which i eventually had to replace from Dell but i left it so long that the battery totally died and i cannot resurrect it. The battery isnt even recognised anymore.

My problem now lies with a known throttling issue with this particular model (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19306277?pi239031352=54) the problem being that i cannot update the BIOS to sort out this throttling issue as it needs to detect a battery for some reason. I can download the BIOS update no problem but it wont install without the battery. I had always noticed the laptop was a little slower than the specs would suggest (in 2009 obviously) but it seems to issue was only sorted sometime in 2010.

The reason i've waiting this long is i haven't been using the laptop a lot in recent years but as its upgrading to windows 10 its something i wanted to sort.

Any help???
    A confused jones

Comments

Advertisement