Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craft-beers Pubs Meet-up for Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

krochford wrote: »
    any chance this could be held off till, or repeted on christmas week. im home from my self impossed exile in the uk on the 27th and as a few of ye know i enjoy my craft beers.

Well get the lads for after Xmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Super dooper. But ye all gotta promise to be nice cause I'm the new girl....

your around here two long to be considered a new girl! so one of that!
    xsiborg wrote: »
    awh, damn, *puts away slime bucket for another day* :p

i was gonna say buffalo pee but with craft beers i imagine there isnt a whole lot goes to waste when pouring craft beers... :D

em, "buffalo pee" isnt what it sounds like either, BB or anyone who's worked in a bar should understand the reference, its the dregs of beer that drips into the beer trays under the taps! :o

although BB mentioned carling could be considered a craft beer, carling really IS just straight up camel pee! :(

my dog wouldnt drink carling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

your around here two long to be considered a new girl! so one of that!

Everyone knows wimmin don't exist on the internet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

krochford wrote: »
    any chance this could be held off till, or repeted on christmas week. im home from my self impossed exile in the uk on the 27th and as a few of ye know i enjoy my craft beers.

Repeated, just for you. :) Let me know on Facebook when you're back in town and we can throw something together.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Repeated, just for you. :) Let me know on Facebook when you're back in town and we can throw something together.

Aww, here's the proof that you're special Krochford lol ;)

Though, I must say that I'm happy, lots of friends coming home for Christmas ha ha and craft beers :)

So is it on for this friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krochford

right had to add you first. its the 27th till the 30th. have to go back to work for new years eve. i have 3 nights and im sure ill have to spend one of them with my family

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

So is it on for this friday?

What Drifter said?! I will be in Limerick that night, might not be able to stick round for the whole night but I'm definitely calling in for a couple.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Start picking pubs so, and we'll have an idea of when/where to kick the night off. :)

• Advertisement

Start picking pubs so, and we'll have an idea of when/where to kick the night off. :)

o'connells...

I want to go in and say " here...is this the place from the internet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

o'connells...

Don't encourage him. He might try to shill in person and our heads will explode. Like diving by ZERO. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

o'connells...

i was going to say o connells too because i didnt want to do a whole lot of walking and there's an offer from BB on the table in another pub, (The Blind Pig on Thomas Street) but now im just wondering about starting off in the locke and then heading into town? i'd love to try that 'pull your own pint' idea... :o

EDIT: i suppose that could only go one direction, couldnt see too many willing to walk up to the locke after o connells! :D sure scratch the locke then, im easy with wherever we go, its more getting some good guidance from people in the know about craft beers im interested in, i've been wanting to try something different for a while besides guinness, so this should be an experience! :D

i was going to say o connells too because i didnt want to do a whole lot of walking and there's an offer from BB on the table in another pub, but now im just wondering about starting off in the locke and then heading into town? i'd love to try that 'pull your own pint' idea... :o

Offer still applies. Bottle of 6.5% Celebration for each person who makes it to TheBlind Pig.

Pulling your own pint. Stupid idea really. There is a lot of waste on those taps and bars and suppliers know it. If you want to pull a pint go to your local and ask.

Locke -> O'Connell's -> Blind Pig -> ???

Also, what time suits people for meeting up that evening/night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

The Locke
    O'Connells
    Mickey Martins
    Blind Pig

• Advertisement

Locke -> O'Connell's -> Blind Pig -> ???

Also, what time suits people for meeting up that evening/night?

I should be good for 7:30-8?

Should we try get Koc to do a round too? :D

Or a hotel room for yourself and Kess? :pac:

Or a hotel room for yourself and me?:pac:

Only if it has Wifi baby ;)

*mental images of that hotel scene from 'borat'* :eek:

*shudders* :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭adaminho

I'm hoping to break my boards beers duck this Friday, 7.30-8 suits fine. As this is my first beers do I have to wear a red flower in my lapel or use a code word?

adaminho wrote: »
    I'm hoping to break my boards beers duck this Friday, 7.30-8 suits fine. As this is my first beers do I have to wear a red flower in my lapel or use a code word?

Nope. We'll know you. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKshdFLttnjV_x669STtnaekKE89O0cqaRomjML0wivWzDzJ2p7_7WgeYa

in limerick you dont find the beers, the beers finds you! :p

ah no, i'll hardly know anyone there myself, there's a few i'll recognise from the boards quiz night alright but maybe just PM IO your number and he'll sort you out... :)

i reckon i'll be on around nine myself, half 7 is way too early for me, i'd only be having dinner around then... :o

i'd love to try that 'pull your own pint' idea... :o

Get a job in a pub, they'll pay you to do it all day long :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Meh. Sniper is your little girlfriend not mine. ;) Bad enough I feel like Gulliver or Darby O'Gill whenever I pass her house, but if I had to spend too much time near her I would feel like Godzilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

wrapping up towards the blind pig last is better as its a late bar at weekends isnt it? locke early, then onto o connells for a hooker (ooh err), then Mickeys for a hoegaarden or two by the fire, then blind pig for the freebie and a late night sessiun!

i'd love to try that 'pull your own pint' idea... :o

Get a job in a pub, they'll pay you to do it all day long :D

i actually used work in the old quarter for a year when i first came down to limerick, i worked in bars, hotels and nightclubs for years when i was in college, then worked in dell for a number of years, always said i'd love to go back to barwork, but nowadays its not like it was back then when i first came down to limerick fifteen years ago, moved into westgate house and that afternoon i was on my way up the town to look for a job, passing by the old quarter i said i'd chance it, started work that night! :D

god i miss the craic, but the money now just isnt what it was any more, its even a different atmosphere nowadays... :(

zuroph wrote: »
    wrapping up towards the blind pig last is better as its a late bar at weekends isnt it? locke early, then onto o connells for a hooker (ooh err), then Mickeys for a hoegaarden or two by the fire, then blind pig for the freebie and a late night sessiun!

Excuse me but Mickeys for a Snowbeer from Erdinger. Limited time only product. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Code word is: "It's my round"

I'm the same - We can make all the others guess which of us is which if we arrive at the same time lol*

*This will only work if you pretend to be a girl :pac:

On the arriving and not knowing who people are:

The Motors crowd meet up every so often and we planned to meet in Portlaoise. The Dublin guys decided to meet in Browns Barn to travel down together and really didn't know each other so there were two guys floating around the car park and one guy, who shall remain nameless, turned up, saw the two guys and said "Are you guys from the Internet" to which they replied "yes".

They spoke about "Motors" and such until our guy noticed that they were referring to Motorbikes quite a bit.

Turns out the two guys were meeting motorbike folks in the same car park on the same day. :eek:

He quickly made his excuses and left. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭adaminho

Well I know you BB through work so if you're going I should be okay.

Great I'm on my own so :(:(:(

I'll just have to bring a giant sign with me so....

Well I know you BB through work so if you're going I should be okay.

Your username is a strong clue as to who you are. :o
    Great I'm on my own so :(:(:(

I'll just have to bring a giant sign with me so....

Again, as other have mentioned, you are only a figment of boards.ie as The Internetz doesn't have wimminz. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Beer Baron wrote: »

Unless I get there first, you don't know me!

(Zuroph, IO and Source do though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Unless I get there first, you don't know me!

[SIZE="1"](Zuroph, IO and Source do though)[/SIZE]

I'll point you out, I'm handy like that.

I know IO and unfortunately TestTransmission....i think i know McLove and i prob know a few others to see...

IO and Zuroph know me.. Oh and my stalker!

I'd most likely know a few to see ye around :P

When you get there you'll just guess that they are the group :P

IO and Zuroph know me.. Oh and my stalker!

I'd most likely know a few to see ye around :P

When you get there you'll just guess that they are the group :P

I'll be the one with the "I went to the Co-op in Raheen and all I got was this stupid tshirt" tshirt.

• Advertisement

and unfortunately TestTransmission....

:mad:
    I'll be the one with the "I went to the Co-op in Raheen and all I got was this stupid tshirt" tshirt.

Don't forget the silly Dub accent.

:mad:

Don't forget the silly Dub accent.

Now now, after ye have said that I'm gonna ham it up da-librah-lee loike

Now now, after ye have said that I'm gonna ham it up da-librah-lee loike

Luckily...I'm not from Limerick either :D

Luckily...I'm not from Limerick either :D

We all live in hope that some day....you will go back home :P

We all live in hope that some day....you will go back home :P

I live in hope every day

I'll bring along my Heineken Cup Ticket for Sundays match if somebody wants to buy it. ;)

• Advertisement

I'll bring along my Heineken Cup Ticket for Sundays match if somebody wants to buy it. ;)

Eh I thought the match was on Saturday?? ;) :pac:

Eh I thought the match was on Saturday?? ;) :pac:

12:45 on the 18th. Double checked on http://www.munsterrugby.ie and defo the 18th.

ah wait a sec, are you going?

12:45 on the 18th. Double checked on http://www.munsterrugby.ie and defo the 18th.

Ye got the link wrong there BB - it's deffo Sat :pac::pac:

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/match_centre.php?section=overview&fixid=158868

Ye got the link wrong there BB - it's deffo Sat :pac::pac:

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/match_centre.php?section=overview&fixid=158868

Oh Sorry you meant THE Match as in Leinster. Guffaw Guffaw :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement