Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AI SFC SF Replay Kerry v Mayo 30/08 5pm Mod Warning Post #1 #562

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Sorry if this was asked already. Is Saturday's replay KY v. MO on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

feargale wrote: »
    Sorry if this was asked already. Is Saturday's replay KY v. MO on tv?

Yep yep. On RTE, not sure if it's one or two. Think it's two though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

VanDinkle wrote: »
    No one should be personally abused.

But that doesnt mean that the GAA as an organisation right now should not be beyond criticism, because they have brought a lot of this on themselves. Quite a few posters are happy to debate points to death without any real conviction other than to win a point over another poster. At grassroots things are different. There does seem to be much unhappiness with aspects of recent marketing decisions by the GAA.

Many fans are furious that

1) The GAA sold 14 games of the championship on an exclusive pay to view basis to a broadcaster that doesnt even hold a broadcasting licence in this country, despite previous statements and assurances from both past and present GAA presidents that it wouldnt happen. It was sold to the Irish people on the basis that "it'll bring in a massive new audience from abroad". This was nonsense. The viewing figures on Sky Sports 3 have been less than the numbers attending the games.

2) The organisation tried to railroad through 5 consecutive nights of Garth Brooks concerts in the same year as they had held 3 nights of One Direction concerts, without any regard for the nearby residents, less than a month after LC recommendations on this issue. This has subsequently resulted in National embarresment for the country as being a backward disorganised society of whingers.

3) They pre-booked in a College Football game during the latter stages of the championship season in which Croke Park is required for the very sport they are meant to be promoting.

Its one thing showing your fans disrespect, but to show disrepect to the 30 odd men out on that pitch giving their time and skill for free and expect them to not play on the big stage as its being used for another non GAA sport that was pre-booked goes way beyond not just ethos ignorance of the GAA but stupidity itself.

All of this could have been avoided. The stadium simply not being made available at the weekend months of the Championship would have been pragmatic. Croke Park was built as the centre piece of the National Game. Its not a concert venue for the organisation to run and hire out as it sees fit.

Very well said. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with the SKY deal, as I think that RTE could well do with some competition for their piss poor GAA coverage. But while, that is a discussion for another day, I do agree that the GAA has seemed to lurch from one PR disaster to another, all year long. The sad part of it that they seem clueless and oblivious to how people feel about their mishandling of events all year long.

Alan Milton, (the Croke Park press officer) was on Off The Ball yesterday. He was asked if he thought that all this was a bit of a PR disaster for the GAA. His response was just incredible. He said that only a small minority has a problem with the Limerick replay, which is utter bullcrap. Then he said that there are factions out there that have an anti GAA agenda and they use any opportunities they can find to try to make them look bad & that that was what was happening here.

It was real head in the sand stuff. If he had just admitted that they had an unfortunate error of judgement & that steps are being taken to make sure that a situation like this will not happen again, it would have made him and the organization that he represents look much better. The fact that they really don't seem to care about how people view them is beyond bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Very well said. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with the SKY deal, as I think that RTE could well do with some competition for their piss poor GAA coverage. But while, that is a discussion for another day, I do agree that the GAA has seemed to lurch from one PR disaster to another, all year long. The sad part of it that they seem clueless and oblivious to how people feel about their mishandling of events all year long.

Alan Milton, (the Croke Park press officer) was on Off The Ball yesterday. He was asked if he thought that all this was a bit of a PR disaster for the GAA. His response was just incredible. He said that only a small minority has a problem with the Limerick replay, which is utter bullcrap. Then he said that there are factions out there that have an anti GAA agenda and they use any opportunities they can find to try to make them look bad & that that was what was happening here.

It was real head in the sand stuff. If he had just admitted that they had an unfortunate error of judgement & that steps are being taken to make sure that a situation like this will not happen again, it would have made him and the organization that he represents look much better. The fact that they really don't seem to care about how people view them is beyond bizarre.

I think it has been a PR disaster, as has the whole summer with the concerts etc.

But I also agree with Milton when he says only a small minority have a problem with Limerick.

Not that long ago here people were giving out about having quarter finals in CP etc.

Can someone from Mayo or Kerry explain to me why they have a problem with this beyond the usual BS about "players deserving it" or "what are yanks doing in CP" etc.

For full disclosure I am a Mayo man living in Kerry.
    Limerick is perfect.
    But so to would have been Galway, Thurles etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I think it has been a PR disaster, as has the whole summer with the concerts etc.

But I also agree with Milton when he says only a small minority have a problem with Limerick.

Not that long ago here people were giving out about having quarter finals in CP etc.

Can someone from Mayo or Kerry explain to me why they have a problem with this beyond the usual BS about "players deserving it" or "what are yanks doing in CP" etc.

For full disclosure I am a Mayo man living in Kerry.
    Limerick is perfect.
    But so to would have been Galway, Thurles etc.

Its our national game, its an AI semi final, Croke Park was built by GAA and its people, for the GAA, its games and its people.
    We are been shafted out of OUR stadium for an American football game with ZERO apologise, except a jeering Milton who I was already infracted for calling a "not nice person". As stated above his attitude on Newstalk was nothing short of shocking.
    Its not a Mayo or Kerry problem, all over the media and fora you have other counties also voicing their disapproval, you have ex players and pundits voicing their disapproval, the GAA are ignoring us all.

Its a sad day for GAA that we are been pushed out of the ground our people built and died in.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It now seems the capacity of the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick is a lot less than the 50,000 quoted.

"Munster Council officials, who are overseeing preparations for the clash, last night revealed that the stadium will have a capacity of close to 44,500. There will be reserved seating in the stand and that accounts for about 21,000 seats."

irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/gaa-chiefs-anticipate-44500-sell-out-for-semi-final-replay-283593.html

Yip so they are looking at 8k less seats than last Sunday and with the interest in the game I am sure it would have been more than the 52k. Its getting more embarrassing by the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I also think its the minority.

I'm struggling to see why its a problem.

Its a green pitch with white lines, and an All Ireland Final spot is on the line.

Who cares what County or stadium its in.

Do you think either side will come out at the end and say, "Yeah i'm happy to be in the Final, but its such a pity the game wasn't in Croke Park."?

Its a big deal about nothing really. There is no rule stating that all Semi-Finals have to be played in Croke Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭threeball

VanDinkle wrote: »
    No one should be personally abused.

But that doesnt mean that the GAA as an organisation right now should not be beyond criticism, because they have brought a lot of this on themselves. Quite a few posters are happy to debate points to death without any real conviction other than to win a point over another poster. At grassroots things are different. There does seem to be much unhappiness with aspects of recent marketing decisions by the GAA.

Many fans are furious that

1) The GAA sold 14 games of the championship on an exclusive pay to view basis to a broadcaster that doesnt even hold a broadcasting licence in this country, despite previous statements and assurances from both past and present GAA presidents that it wouldnt happen. It was sold to the Irish people on the basis that "it'll bring in a massive new audience from abroad". This was nonsense. The viewing figures on Sky Sports 3 have been less than the numbers attending the games.

2) The organisation tried to railroad through 5 consecutive nights of Garth Brooks concerts in the same year as they had held 3 nights of One Direction concerts, without any regard for the nearby residents, less than a month after LC recommendations on this issue. This has subsequently resulted in National embarresment for the country as being a backward disorganised society of whingers.

3) They pre-booked in a College Football game during the latter stages of the championship season in which Croke Park is required for the very sport they are meant to be promoting.

Its one thing showing your fans disrespect, but to show disrepect to the 30 odd men out on that pitch giving their time and skill for free and expect them to not play on the big stage as its being used for another non GAA sport that was pre-booked goes way beyond not just ethos ignorance of the GAA but stupidity itself.

All of this could have been avoided. The stadium simply not being made available at the weekend months of the Championship would have been pragmatic. Croke Park was built as the centre piece of the National Game. Its not a concert venue for the organisation to run and hire out as it sees fit.

The irony is that all those making ridiculous decisions and statements are getting paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

yop wrote: »
    Yip so they are looking at 8k less seats than last Sunday and with the interest in the game I am sure it would have been more than the 52k. Its getting more embarrassing by the day.

In fairness though, less people go to replays. (but in saying that i suppose it's a replay ticket that cost the same, not reduced)

Has it sold out yet?

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    In fairness though, less people go to replays. (but in saying that i suppose it's a replay ticket that cost the same, not reduced)

Has it sold out yet?

Not sure to be honest, I'm season ticket holder so no idea (or care :D) of the availability of tickets. I would say it will easily sell out.

Its our national game, its an AI semi final, Croke Park was built by GAA and its people, for the GAA, its games and its people.
    We are been shafted out of OUR stadium for an American football game with ZERO apologise, except a jeering Milton who I was already infracted for calling a "not nice person". As stated above his attitude on Newstalk was nothing short of shocking.
    Its not a Mayo or Kerry problem, all over the media and fora you have other counties also voicing their disapproval, you have ex players and pundits voicing their disapproval, the GAA are ignoring us all.

Its a sad day for GAA that we are been pushed out of the ground our people built and died in.

Less of the patriotic " national game" yarn, its tired at this stage.

Limerick is a practical venue for this game plain and simple.

Darragh O Se is on about "you don't grow up dreaming of playing in Limerick" in his IT column today.
    FFS Darragh they all played in CP a few days ago, and have done before and hopefully will again

Has it sold out yet?

Tickets are reduced, 30 compared to 40.

Not sure if it's sold out yet, but they were no longer selling the uncovered stand by Monday afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Not sure to be honest, I'm season ticket holder so no idea (or care :D) of the availability of tickets. I would say it will easily sell out.

Yeah or very close to sell out. I'd say if it was in Croker you wouldn't hit the original audience number.

Have to get on the Season ticket this year. Missed out by hours

Less of the patriotic " national game" yarn, its tired at this stage.

Limerick is a practical venue for this game plain and simple.

Darragh O Se is on about "you don't grow up dreaming of playing in Limerick" in his IT column today.
    FFS Darragh they all played in CP a few days ago, and have done before and hopefully will again

Well if you don't get it, then its not even worth explaining. :rolleyes:

Seems outside of Milton and the GAA hierarchy your the only one happy, though it is only up the road for you, so fair enough.

Seems outside of Milton and the GAA hierarchy your the only one happy, though it is only up the road for you, so fair enough.

Its only about 20mins closer to me noe than it would be from my home outside Castlebar.

Again I have yet to find an argument against Limerick other than the "poor players" "selling out to Brits and Yanks" BS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I read that thanks, where is he getting 21000 reserved tickets from? Are they not just reserved for clubs.

I would have thought that taking it out of cp would free up all those premium tickets. I've been to plenty of games this year with my prawn sandwich but I've no entitlement to a ticket for limerick.

If I wanted to go I'd have to buy a ticket, if it was in CP I'd use a reserve ticket and it would be free.

As it stands I've an American football ticket that I also paid for to sit in a seat that should be available for me to watch mayo Kerry for free in.

I'd imagine there are a few who will pay to see the game in limerick but would get into cp for free. In that case have the seats been sold twice ?

I'm also going to miss the replay as I've the other tickets and plans made for a year now. But I'd love to go. To be honest if I was from Mayo or Kerry I'd just concentrate on the game now I wouldn't be that put out by it, looks like it won't happen again and going on about it might be damaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Any chance we could get some chat about the actual game? This bleating over the venue is getting boring and right now isn't the time to be getting the knickers in a twist over it. Venue isn't going to be changed so channel the anger over it back to Croke Park via your club AGMs. Based on all the hard man talk on this and other threads on boards club AGMs should be overflowing with paid up members(am assuming that you are all fully paid up members of your local GAA clubs) venting their anger.

Anyway back to the game at hand.

What will Mayo do with 'Star' if/when he ends up at full forward?
    Will Kerry continue to get away with constant fouling on Aido once he gets past the halfway/45m line?
    Will Mayo waste 3 players again marking space in front of JOD yet still let him be top scorer in the game?
    Will Keegan get his sending off rescinded?

These are all things that deserve talking about now rather than giving out about PR this and that and nonsense about the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Well you can count me as being another happy one as i dont see the problem with Limerick either.The crying about this is tiresome at this stage and i am delighted the gaa are finally starting to use stadiums outside of croke park of which there are plenty of good ones. You would swear the game is being in the gazza strip the way some people are carrying on.
    The gaa get lambasted for playing all their games in dublin and when they move one they get it worse. Some people will knock them no matter what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

sammy37 wrote: »
    Well you can count me as being another happy one as i dont see the problem with Limerick either.The crying about this is tiresome at this stage and i am delighted the gaa are finally starting to use stadiums outside of croke park of which there are plenty of good ones. You would swear the game is being in the gazza strip the way some people are carrying on.
    The gaa get lambasted for playing all their games in dublin and when they move one they get it worse. Some people will knock them no matter what they do.

The poor GAA trying to boost Limericks economy and save fans some petrol money and all they get is abuse. They will get their reward in heaven, poor things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The only problem with all of this that I see is that the stadium was booked out on a day an AI semi-final could be needed to be played there. Surely the boffins in HQ could see that the situation may arise?

As for the match itself being in Limerick, I think it's cool. It'll be sold out, the atmosphere should be electric, and if it lives up to the 2nd half last week, then it'll be the match of the summer.

Hurling final replay last year was on a Saturday under lights, the sky didn't fall in. Be great novelty to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Its no big deal, it should be played in croker but its not going to happen and in reality limerick will be a great occasion saturday. This dreaming of croker nonsense FFS, how many times have these teams played there and the young fellas will all have more days there. Time to get on with it.

If the limerick v Kilkenny semi final was played in thurles id have been fine with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Its no big deal, it should be played in croker but its not going to happen and in reality limerick will be a great occasion saturday. This dreaming of croker nonsense FFS, how many times have these teams played there and the young fellas will all have more days there. Time to get on with it.

If the limerick v Kilkenny semi final was played in thurles id have been fine with that.

It is a big deal. How is dreaming of croker nonsense? Old ones have played there before, young ones might get the chance again - neither of those is the point though!

Before this stage of the competition, not for the Semi's and Final

That's missing his point completely, read it again

In fairness though, less people go to replays.

You could get a job in the gaa - it seems they too have not factored in the geographical effect on ticket sales.

More people want to go to the replay, not less.

mystic86 wrote: »

More people want to go to the replay, not less.

I'd agree particularly with tickets now being scarce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

not sure why people are using Garth Brooks to beat the GAA with, i personally couldnt give a f*ck about him or what happened and to use it in a debate to gain ground on the debate about the venue for next weekend, is very lame.

he was granted 3 concerts after getting greedy and wanting 5. the Gaa facilitated a venue for it. what ever happened after that has nothing to do with Kerry or Mayo.

So, on boards, discussion of the actual match is being over shadowed by all the talk about the venue. Which is followed by more talk about the talk, coz people are complaining that there is too much talk about the venue. All the sports radio coverage over the past 48 hrs has been about...yep, you guessed it, the venue. Most of the print media coverage has been about the venue. Former players such as Shane Curran & the O'Shea brothers are coming out and criticizing the choice of venue. (Curran even went so far as to call it "a kip" and "a dump" on the Second Captains podcast.) They are also talking about how disrespectful it is to the players. I have no connection to Mayo, or Kerry or to the city of Limerick, as a venue. I am 1000% neutral in all of this and, I would say that 95% of all the talk about the venue change, has been very negative.

Soooooo then....it kinda disproves Alan Milton's nonsense theory that the only people giving out about this, are a small minority, doesn't it? It also make the people who are making disparaging remarks about other people whinging, or talking BS, or getting their knickers in a twist over nothing, look just a tad silly. If you don't have a problem with the game being in Limerick, good for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to dismiss the opinions of those who disagree with you, as being "a small minority" is utter nonsense, when all the evidence points to the contrary. If they are the "small minority", then where is the "large majority" in favour it, Alan? They are keeping awfully quiet, aren't they? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ProudDUB wrote: »
    So, on boards, discussion of the actual match is being over shadowed by all the talk about the venue. Which is followed by more talk about the talk, coz people are complaining that there is too much talk about the venue. All the sports radio coverage over the past 48 hrs has been about...yep, you guessed it, the venue. Most of the print media coverage has been about the venue. Former players such as Shane Curran & the O'Shea brothers are coming out and criticizing the choice of venue. (Curran even went so far as to call it "a kip" and "a dump" on the Second Captains podcast.) They are also talking about how disrespectful it is to the players. I have no connection to Mayo, or Kerry or to the city of Limerick, as a venue. I am 1000% neutral in all of this and I would say that 95% of all the talk about the venue change, has been very negative.

Soooooo then....it kinda disproves Alan Milton's nonsense theory that the only people giving out about this, are a small minority, doesn't it? It also make the people who are making disparaging remarks about other people whinging, or talking BS, or getting their knickers in a twist over nothing, look just a tad silly. If you don't have a problem with the game being in Limerick, good for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to dismiss the opinions of those who disagree with you, as being "a small minority" is utter nonsense, when all the evidence points to the contrary. If they are the "small minority", then where is the "large majority" in favour it Alan? They are keeping awfully quiet, aren't they? :rolleyes:

most of the noise is coming from mayo and people who werent in croke park last Sunday and wont have been there next saturday.

demand for tickets in Kerry at the moment will probably see the biggest ever Kerry crowd at a semi final the next day.

[QUOTE=homerjay2005;91930864]most of the noise is coming from mayo and people who werent in croke park last Sunday and wont have been there next saturday.

demand for tickets in Kerry at the moment will probably see the biggest ever Kerry crowd at a semi final the next day.[/QUOTE]

Have you listened to or read any of the media coverage, nearly all are pundits and/or ex players or journos and they aren't from Mayo. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Just because the meedja have a non story to get stuck in to doesnt make it an issue. It shouldnt happen fair enough but its not some enormous travesty either.

Oisin McConville was on the radio saying they played a QF in navan the year they won and they all looked back on it as a great day. Saturday should be fantastic also just get on with it.

I guess two things are true, people want to talk about and it won't do Mayo any good dwelling on it.

Yops gone mad though!!!!!

Stoner wrote: »
    I guess two things are true, people want to talk about and it won't do Mayo any good dwelling on it.

Yops gone mad though!!!!!

They didn't send me my tablets this week ;)

"Dog and bone" :D

most of the noise is coming from mayo and people who werent in croke park last Sunday and wont have been there next saturday.

I disagree. The coverage & criticism of this has been nationwide * Mayo men don't have every single job in the media nailed down. (It just shaggin' feels like it, whenever Dublin play them. :P )

Go online and look at the print media coverage of this. Look at the nationwide papers and then some of the regional ones, not just the Kerry or Mayo ones. You'll find that pretty much everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet on this. It's the same with the radio shows on Newstalk, RTE 1, 2FM & Second Captains. You'd be very hard pressed to find anyone with a "what's the big deal attitude" to all this, whether they are from Mayo or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Who cares where the noise is coming from at this stage. Venue isn't going to be changed as as I said earlier let it be raised through club AGMs etc later in the year so that it doesn't happen again. We have a game in 4 days time to discuss or do people prefer to whine and bleat on about something that isn't going to be changed.

Who cares where the noise is coming from at this stage. Venue isn't going to be changed as as I said earlier let it be raised through club AGMs etc later in the year so that it doesn't happen again. We have a game in 4 days time to discuss or do people prefer to whine and bleat on about something that isn't going to be changed.

there_is_no_god_bus.jpg

for anyone familiar with the Gaelic Grounds, any reason for preferring to get tickets to one terrace over the other, apart from the City end being perhaps easier to walk to...? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Stoner wrote: »
    I'd agree particularly with tickets now being scarce.

How are people saying they are scarce if tickets are easily available online and in Centras and Supervalu nationwide. Noone can have any excuse for not being able to get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

mystic86 wrote: »
    for anyone familiar with the Gaelic Grounds, any reason for preferring to get tickets to one terrace over the other, apart from the City end being perhaps easier to walk to...? thanks

I have bought tickets for the City End. Simply because it is closer to town. Having been in both terraces in the last few years, I would consider the Clare end terrace to have a better view - less likely sun being in eyes also if I remember correctly although could be wrong on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

demand for tickets in Kerry at the moment will probably see the biggest ever Kerry crowd at a semi final the next day.

This is another issue that is getting overlooked and I'm glad a Kerry man has inadvertently brought it up.

The fact is the game is being played in Munster and that will bring more Kerry supporters to the game. That's hardly ideal either from a Mayo point of view.

Take last Sunday, Mayo supporters comprehensively outnumbered their Kerry counterparts, if the replay went ahead in Corke Park, the same would happen. But now with the location and reduced capacity, it's going to be tougher for us to vastly outnumber the Kerry boys again! Hopefully we can and give the team the backing that they deserve - there was some noise made last Sunday in that second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

If you have a choice between Mackey Stand (covered) or North Stand (uncovered) I highly recommend taking the uncovered stand option; you'll have a much better view. Mackey stand isn't great in terms of view, poorly banked, I'd only go there if I was fairly certain heavy rain is due.

@Kerry fans; Woodlands House hotel just outside Adare running a Park and Ride bus service for €10 I think.

General note; I'd recommend parking the car in the 24 hour Dunnes car park on Henry street, will probably cost in the region of €8 for 3/4 hours parking and you'll be about a 20 minute walk from the stadium, but it will be worth it once you leave the stadium as you'll have a 20 minute walk to your car and drive straight home, park near the stadium and you'll be stuck in a traffic jam for at least half an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

General note; I'd recommend parking the car in the 24 hour Dunnes car park on Henry street, will probably cost in the region of €8 for 3/4 hours parking and you'll be about a 20 minute walk from the stadium, but it will be worth it once you leave the stadium as you'll have a 20 minute walk to your car and drive straight home, park near the stadium and you'll be stuck in a traffic jam for at least half an hour.

They are doing a special rate of €5 if you book it on their website http://www.q-park.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Any suggestions on where to park. Have tickets for clare end terrace. Mayo fan heading home after match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

ColeTrain wrote: »
    This is another issue that is getting overlooked and I'm glad a Kerry man has inadvertently brought it up.

The fact is the game is being played in Munster and that will bring more Kerry supporters to the game. That's hardly ideal either from a Mayo point of view.

Take last Sunday, Mayo supporters comprehensively outnumbered their Kerry counterparts, if the replay went ahead in Corke Park, the same would happen. But now with the location and reduced capacity, it's going to be tougher for us to vastly outnumber the Kerry boys again! Hopefully we can and give the team the backing that they deserve - there was some noise made last Sunday in that second half.
    You are so right!

After the first game in Croke Park (easier to get to for Mayo), where Kerry were vastly outnumbered, it is really unfair on Mayo that Kerry fans have a venue that is more accessible to them for the replay.

What sort of an association is the Gaa, to pick a venue that is closer for both counties, therefor giving both sets easier access, and through association, evening up the numbers a bit.

I propose that the Gaa, supplies Kerry with half the tickets Mayo fans have access to, in the interest of equality, so that Mayo may vastly outnumber the Kerry fans again, giving them an advantage.

/sarcasm

DDC1990 wrote: »
    You are so right!

After the first game in Croke Park (easier to get to for Mayo), where Kerry were vastly outnumbered, it is really unfair on Mayo that Kerry fans have a venue that is more accessible to them for the replay.

What sort of an association is the Gaa, to pick a venue that is closer for both counties, therefor giving both sets easier access, and through association, evening up the numbers a bit.

I propose that the Gaa, supplies Kerry with half the tickets Mayo fans have access to, in the interest of equality, so that Mayo may vastly outnumber the Kerry fans again, giving them an advantage.

/sarcasm

Dublin is hardly easy for Mayo supporters to get to, it may be a little easier than Kerry but that doesn't matter. If you don't travel to a Semi Final then is it only the final the majority wander up to?

God help you if the game was in Hyde Park, Roscommon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It is a bit much to make a complaint of the fact that the new ground is easier for everyone to get to in fairness.

keane2097 wrote: »
    It is a bit much to make a complaint of the fact that the new ground is easier for everyone to get to in fairness.

It's the fact that the ground has limited capacity compared to Croke Park as well in fairness.

I never heard so much whinging in all my life about a game. Why cant ye be glad that ye have a great team to follow who are doing ye proud and stop crying about where the game is being played. Like every other county the barren years will come and there will be no semi finals to look forward to so enjoy it while its there.

I never heard so much whinging in all my life about a game. Why cant ye be glad that ye have a great team to follow who are doing ye proud and stop crying about where the game is being played. Like every other county the barren years will come and there will be no semi finals to look forward to so enjoy it while its there.

It's our semi final and we will cry if we want to.

It's our semi final and we will cry if we want to.

Well i hope ye are crying after the match anyway:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement