Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to Watch all Ireland near Belfast airport

• 01-09-2014 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I was wondering if anyone could suggest where to watch All Ireland football final near Belfast International airport? Our flight lands about 30 mins before start of match and we travelling to Donegal after match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

suncatch wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could suggest where to watch All Ireland football final near Belfast International airport? Our flight lands about 30 mins before start of match and we travelling to Donegal after match

Of all the spots to land in and need to see Gaelic Football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 suncatch

Thats what i was afraid of hopefully someone will know of somewhere near we can watch it or hopefully plane will be in early!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Maybe worth enquiring at an airport hotel.
    A bit lateral would be to pack a portable TV in the boot of your car, if you've parked there.

I will check with airport hotel thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wolfhillbilly

The Maldron hotel is two minutes walk from the airport. I'd say theyll be showing it. As far as bars go, Crumln village would be the closest where the Fiddler's Inn or McGeowns will definitely show it. Once you've got your bags and are out of the airport, 15 minutes will take you to Fiddlers or McGeowns.

Thanks for that will call maldron hotel or if not will go to either of the other two bars dont want to miss Donegal winning !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

If you have any family with you, I wouldn't even consider going to any pub, and especially if you don't know the area and pubs very well. Airport hotels would be your best bet by far, and as you say ring them first to see if they will have it on.

Unfortunately Maldron hotel wont be showing match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

If you exhaust the airport hotels, you could try the Elk in Toomebridge, it's a large roadside/pub/restaurant on the Derry side of the outskirts of Toomebridge, on the left hand side as your heading to Derry. It's 20mins / half hour from the airport but you might catch the second half. Again I'd ring them before you count on it being on. Other than a large hotel, and the 'airport' hotels are the only ones in that neck of the woods, east of the Bann I wouldn't bother try looking for somewhere to stop and watch it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply and info as not familiar with area will phone elks to see if showing match

Advertisement