Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 13 Thread

Comments

well ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Huge stop there. Get a nice 7 here please lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thats the game right there. Great run from McCoy, but the Eagles did their best to let Dallas back into it. They just paid for not taking their opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hopefully the Cowboys throw a pass or two now, down by 20 points and they've only thrown 12 passes half way through the third.

going throughout them like butter. i now the short week will have been a factor but its pretty obvious that the cowboys d is in bits and I'm not sure what they can do to rectify this for the return fixture in two weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Disappointed with how one sided this has been. Looks like game there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Happy with the defence and the rushing game. Sanchez hasn't done much wrong either. Good signs for the game against The Seahawks

"dallas is legit this year"
    "dallas has the best o-line in the league"
    "dallas will win the division because philly can't stop there offense"
    "the packers game has shown that dallas is the best team in the nfl east"
    "dallas will win because they have a better qb,rb,wrs,o-line and defense"

.......................today is a good day **** the cowboys :D

very few things in this world more satisfying than and angry dallas fan pulling a hissy fit
    http://i.imgur.com/vrCWroU.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

"dallas is legit this year"
    "dallas has the best o-line in the league"
    "dallas will win the division because philly can't stop there offense"
    "the packers game has shown that dallas is the best team in the nfl east"
    "dallas will win because they have a better qb,rb,wrs,o-line and defense"

.......................today is a good day **** the cowboys :D

I'd cool the jets a bit, wait til they have 10days rest insted of 3 days when they play in the linc.

lbj666 wrote: »
    I'd cool the jets a bit, wait til they have 10days rest insted of 3 days when they play in the linc.

They had the same amount of rest as the Eagles and are at home...

thats not an excuse both teams had the same rest time and we had to travel to dallas. not getting carried away season wise yet but i dispise the fact that dallas fans overhype there team every year that level of arrogance is earned teams like green bay and the pats can get away with it not the fecking 8-8s

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    They had the same amount of rest as the Eagles and are at home...

Oh no doubt the eagles are fitter and better conditioned but having a 10 day rest certainly levels the playing field a bit more.

very few things in this world more satisfying than and angry dallas fan pulling a hissy fit
    http://i.imgur.com/vrCWroU.png
    Haha that made my night!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Haha that made my night!

priceless isn't it :D

Oh no doubt the eagles are fitter and better conditioned but having a 10 day rest certainly levels the playing field a bit more.
    Assuming this goes the way I think it will (Eagles beating The Giants and Redskins) Cowboys have to win every match to make the Play-Offs as Division Winners. I think most people knew whoever won tonight would probably go onto win the division. Both teams will make play-offs though. I'm confident we can take the Cowboys at the Linc.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Assuming this goes the way I think it will (Eagles beating The Giants and Redskins) Cowboys have to win every match to make the Play-Offs as Division Winners. I think most people knew whoever won tonight would probably go onto win the division. Both teams will make play-offs though. I'm confident we can take the Cowboys at the Linc.

Ya the eagles are in a very good situation tie breaker wise for the division. But the division is far from won yet. Lose against the Seahawks next week and we are back to where we were at the start of today.

Ya the eagles are in a very good situation tie breaker wise for the division. But the division is far from won yet. Lose against the Seahawks next week and we are back to where we were at the start of today.
    No we will still have the division lead on tie breaker (this is assuming the Cowboys win as well as us loseing) also I wouldn't be so confident of us waking over the skins and Giants you never know in the NFC East

• Advertisement

Do you mean gives Dallas a better chance against a better team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Being a wildcard team may not be the worst thing in the world for them y'know. They seem to do better when away from Texas. It wouldn't surprise me if they took a few scalps on the road in January.

Being a wildcard team may not be the worst thing in the world for them y'know. They seem to do better when away from Texas. It wouldn't surprise me if they took a few scalps on the road in January.

The thing that would change is fans wouldn't sell their tickets for a playoff game. That's what's happened in a lot of their games so far and it's felt like a home game for them.

One thing I can't stand though is punting 3 scores down 6 minutes left. It's clearly just giving up and then they use all their timeouts to pretend like they're still trying to win.

any advantage they may get home or away will likely be outdone by there propensity to throw (pun intended) the game away that time of the year they have big psychological hurdles to get over

matthew8 wrote: »
    The thing that would change is fans wouldn't sell their tickets for a playoff game. That's what's happened in a lot of their games so far and it's felt like a home game for them.

One thing I can't stand though is punting 3 scores down 6 minutes left. It's clearly just giving up and then they use all their timeouts to pretend like they're still trying to win.

i think there fans have started showing now that there winning they've had no game as bad as the texans game earlier in the league.

but ya americas team indeed :rolleyes:

You might not want to win the division. The wildcard winner might be number 5 seed playing away to the NFC South, the Division winner might have to play home to Seattle or San Francisco.

• Advertisement

i know theres no rule against that but there should be

edit:never mind there is a rule against it

i think there fans have started showing now that there winning they've had no game as bad as the texans game earlier in the league.

but ya americas team indeed :rolleyes:

Wouldn't say it's down to winning, there was an awful lot of Redskins and Cardinals in the stadium when they had a great record. And as much as you like to have a go at them, I haven't heard them boo their team once tonight.

Yeah, assuming we do lose against The Seahwawks. Again, 2 wins in the next 4 and we basically win the division unless The Cowboys can win all 4 matches. And if we beat The Cowboys at Linc then it's basically over anyway.

You might not want to win the division. The wildcard winner might be number 5 seed playing away to the NFC South, the Division winner might have to play home to Seattle or San Francisco.

can't play to lost though id rather win the division and get the tougher matchup come playoffs you gota beat the best anyway also we may not get a wildcard team in from the nfc east

Wouldn't say it's down to winning, there was an awful lot of Redskins and Cardinals in the stadium when they had a great record. And as much as you like to have a go at them, I haven't heard them boo their team once tonight.

would rather the fans showed up and occasionally booed than didn't show up at all

• Advertisement

It's not a matter of showing up, it's just which games they show up to. They've basically taken over 2 away games against the Giants and Titans.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Do you mean gives Dallas a better chance against a better team?

Listen i am big Birds fan to be if you let them get out to a lead early you are up against it the whole game. Dallas are a lot better than they showed today.

Both teams match up each other so differently to each other that hammerings are very possible once one team gets on top early.

I think today has proven they have proven the Eagles are a better all round team, but that Bryant-Romo-Murray combo when hot can match and better them.

It's not a matter of showing up, it's just which games they show up to. They've basically taken over 2 away games against the Giants and Titans.

fair enough i could be wronging them still I'm happier with our fan base were not quite on green bay level but were not far off

Listen i am big Birds fan to be if you let them get out to a lead early you are up against it the whole game. Dallas are a lot better than they showed today.

Both teams match up each other so differently to each other that hammerings are very possible once one team gets on top early.

I think today has proven they have proven the Eagles are a better all round team, but that Bryant-Romo-Murray combo when hot can match and better them.

your not wrong cowboys had an off game and the short week probably suited us a bit better but theres no ifs or buts this was a huge win and we have gotten a real psychological edge for the return leg today

I dunno how extortionate season tickets and other ticket packages are, but its obvious some are sellling off some of the tickets to try and pay for the others. I thought they were just selling off tickets early in the year and be there for the big games later but christ they are selling off tickets against the Eagles on thanksgiving, there no real stand out home game left.

Cowboys organisation won't give a **** , a very active secondary market means they can keep ticket prices high.

Don't think they sold many to Eagles fans today, didn't hear all that much noise when the Eagles scored or when the Dallas offense needed to communicate. Sounded very much like a home crowd being blown out, very subdued so they probably held on to their tickets.

Don't think they sold many to Eagles fans today, didn't hear all that much noise when the Eagles scored or when the Dallas offense needed to communicate. Sounded very much like a home crowd being blown out, very subdued so they probably held on to their tickets.

well its hard to not sell tickets when you get to 8-3 and think your a Super Bowl contender

haha how have i never seen this before :D:D

Happy with the day to be honest. While The Cowboys had a poor game Sanchez was good, O-Line was good, D-Line was good, RBs and Recievers were good. Good signs for a big match next week against The Seahawks. Beat them and that's a play-off place guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The big question after tonight is whether Foles will get his job back. Sanchise looks like what he was expected to be coming out of college now. I think he has been very impressive and I would be surprised to see Foles get ahead of him when he is fit.

Either way the Eagles can look forward to a good trade and/or extra high picks in the draft next year. Somebody is going to want the one who loses out.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    The big question after tonight is whether Foles will get his job back. Sanchise looks like what he was expected to be coming out of college now. I think he has been very impressive and I would be surprised to see Foles get ahead of him when he is fit.

Either way the Eagles can look forward to a good trade and/or extra high picks in the draft next year. Somebody is going to want the one who loses out.

both players are out of contract so the other likely walks for nothing unfortunately

a few big decisions for kelly comeing up i have full faith but his choices could decide how the franchise goes for the next few years

eagle eye wrote: »

If Foles isn't a 100% better they aint going to even consider putting him back out, he can be dressed on the sideline of course before the shoulder is perfect. If sanchez keeps to a turnover to one less than foles average this year he can keep the job for the rest of the year. I might take an injury or two bad games from sanchez for foles to get the job back.

The upside for this is that neither foles or sanchez will demand big money from the Eagles, unless one of them plays lights out for the rest of the year and goes deep in the playoffs. Foles was destined for a big payday, based on last year. Are either of them the long term solution for the eagles? Probably not, but its not enough to go overreaching for someone in the draft. The way things are going they will be able to attract troubled but capable starters to come to philly as a backups and i am not talking just game managing journey men kerry collins types.

The way kelly's offence works they may never need a long term guy, the turn around of qbs could be like they were in oregon or any college team. We may never see a franchise tag put on one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This is ****ing embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Kaepernick is one of the very most naturally talented, but easily the dumbest established starting QB in the league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Billy86 wrote: »
    Kaepernick is one of the very most naturally talented, but easily the dumbest established starting QB in the league.

Yup.

Faffing about with 30 seconds left tonight. Calling a timeout when trying to draw the D offside before a punt a few weeks back. Just infuriating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There is no excuse for the 49ers offense to be this bad. given the players we have the offense should be carrying this team

And now he completely ignores a free first down from Hyde for a stupid pass into the endzone.

I don't think the O problems have all been on Kaep at all this season but he's been woeful this game.

Fangio is coming out of this season looking very good. Roman most definitely is not.

If Harbaugh won't fire Roman they both have to go.

adrian522 wrote: »
    If Harbaugh won't fire Roman they both have to go.

likely both gone at end of year anyway

• Advertisement

The Offense looked good behind a dominant O line. It's in flux this season and now they can't produce anything. That doesn't reflect good coaching - you can't have an offense that relies on always beating opponents at the line of scrimmage and your QB having loads of time in the pocket and options for designed runs.

Advertisement