Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Anyone have any idea what was going on in the amphitheatre today at about half one? I was driving passed behind it and I saw LOADS of people standing up looking in on it. I was going to go see what was going on but by the time I found parking it had started lashing and hail stoning and whatever was going on had stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

We have an amphitheatre?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone have any idea what was going on in the amphitheatre today at about half one? I was driving passed behind it and I saw LOADS of people standing up looking in on it. I was going to go see what was going on but by the time I found parking it had started lashing and hail stoning and whatever was going on had stopped.

There was a play on in the SU which was moved to the ampitheatre after the power went out! Which was then stopped with the rain!

You know if you go out the back door of the arts block and turn left. There's the amphi theatre? Like wide stone/wooden steps in a semi circular fashion surrounding an area of flat cobblelock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

There was a play on in the SU which was moved to the ampitheatre after the power went out! Which was then stopped with the rain!

it was for an english play called the rover for our english class... it worked till it started raining lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

You know if you go out the back door of the arts block and turn left. There's the amphi theatre? Like wide stone/wooden steps in a semi circular fashion surrounding an area of flat cobblelock?

It's hardly an amphitheatre, like 2 or 3 rows!

Norrdeth wrote: »
    It's hardly an amphitheatre, like 2 or 3 rows!

6/7 at least. Also, it's not all about how big it is, it's what it does.*

*Do not take this out of context :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

6/7 at least. Also, it's not all about how big it is, it's what it does.*

*Do not take this out of context :P
    how could we do anything but???;)

the place has great acoustics and its actually quite pleasant to view a performance from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I remember discovering that amphitheatre during the access week in first year... don't think I've even seen it since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

*Facepalm* Internet, you fail me.

• Advertisement

It's been pretty quiet in here recently... where is everyone? *cries* :pac:

This time tomorrow, I'll technically not be a student any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

It's been pretty quiet in here recently... where is everyone? *cries* :pac:

My english essay is slowly killing me.
    This time tomorrow, I'll technically not be a student any more.

Say what?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

What! Why!!?

It appears to be a bitch of an essay :( You'll be okay though!
    Say what?:eek:
    I'm deferring final year, which means that I get to start third year all over again in September. What fun. I'm filling in the forms tomorrow, and I'll have to hand in my student card :S I'm still going to be living here though, so it's probably going to be the exact same as it is now :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I feel your pain, my history essay is trying to do the same to me! And i can sense that Sociology is queuing up for it's turn when history is done!!

It appears to be a bitch of an essay :( You'll be okay though!

I'm deferring final year, which means that I get to start third year all over again in September. What fun. I'm filling in the forms tomorrow, and I'll have to hand in my student card :S I'm still going to be living here though, so it's probably going to be the exact same as it is now :pac:

So without obviously prying into your reasons for doing so, can I just ask is that generally possible? To defer Final year even when you've done the January exams? Never heard of anyone doing that before! Could actually help out a friend of mine now that I think of it..

So without obviously prying into your reasons for doing so, can I just ask is that generally possible? To defer Final year even when you've done the January exams? Never heard of anyone doing that before! Could actually help out a friend of mine now that I think of it..
    Well, I'm deferring for medical reasons. It had a big impact on my exam performance in January, and probably would in the summer too. You should tell your friend to go and talk to the people in the academic advisory office about it, they're great help :) You have to get a load of documentation though, so tell them to get on that straight away.

Well, I'm deferring for medical reasons. It had a big impact on my exam performance in January, and probably would in the summer too. You should tell your friend to go and talk to the people in the academic advisory office about it, they're great help :) You have to get a load of documentation though, so tell them to get on that straight away.

Yeah, you see that's a decent and genuine reason, and I say fair play to you sticking it out for so long. :)

My mate's just a bollox, hasn't handed anything in since the modernism essay in october, couldn't be arsed doing anything but "wouldn't mind getting a degree". He has this idea that starting over might be better for him but I wonder would they let him defer just because he couldn't be arsed finishing the year, like he doesn't have a genuine reason, he just prefers watching tv and arsing around Dublin all day. I'll tell him to have a go with the academic advisory office... if he can be arsed going that is. :pac:

good luck next year though :) i heard there were a lot of complaints about the film exam that the course is too broad and difficult so hopefully you'll have an easier go at it than we did the first time round.

anybody know what cures itchiness? it's stress related and i literally am going to make my arms and legs bleed if I scratch them anymore. :(

Keeping them cool always helps me!

Hope you don't mind me asking your_text_here but I'm curious :o will you just have to complete the second semester next year or the whole year right through again?

Keeping them cool always helps me!

Off to get the bag of frozen sweetcorn. Merci :)

• Advertisement

Off to get the bag of frozen sweetcorn. Merci :)

más que bienvenido

@ allandanyways: Yeah you should tell him to go have a chat with academic advisory anyway. They might be able to sort something out for him. And thanks :) Also, maybe try putting some lotion on to stop the itchiness? It could be dry skin either, because you can get dry skin when you're stressed :)

@ Michellenman: No, I have to do the entire year all over again. At least I'll have an idea what I have to do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

anybody know what cures itchiness? it's stress related and i literally am going to make my arms and legs bleed if I scratch them anymore.

Well, the obvious answer is to stop stressing. But the realistic answer is E45 works great on dry skin. It's a moisturiser cream, comes in a white tub with a blue label. You can get it in most places as far as I know, but they'll probably have it in the pharmacy down the village where you can get 10% off with a student card. They definitely have it in tescos. Small tub shouldn't cost more than €7 - it may cost less. You'll need to apply it for a few days in a row...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ethno......theon......noeth......hetno.......onteh.......nothe.....

So tired.

Ethno......theon......noeth......hetno.......onteh.......nothe.....

So tired.

I hear that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

anybody know what cures itchiness? it's stress related and i literally am going to make my arms and legs bleed if I scratch them anymore. :(

That's your body telling you to chill out. There is no "cure" for stress related illnesses. Putting moisturiser or anything else on your arms and legs is only sweeping the problem under the carpet.

It sounds like you're overworking yourself. Your degree is important, but it shouldn't be affecting your health. Eczema(what your itchy skin might be) is one visible symptom of stress but all sorts of other problems may surface if you carry on the way you're going and don't tackle the cause of your stress.

E45 is good as CnaG says or you can get some hydrocortisone cream, not sure if that's available over the counter in Ireland but I know you can get it in the north. Treat yourself to an ice cream too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

banquo wrote: »
    I hear that.

Only finished about 10 mins ago. **** me, that was a lot of nonsense to read.

Me and geography_nut spent the morning handing out free food in the common room. Did I nab any boardsies with flyers/random baked stuff?

I am frickin wrecked after that!

You got me!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement