Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 13 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

lbj666 wrote: »
    If Foles isn't a 100% better they aint going to even consider putting him back out, he can be dressed on the sideline of course before the shoulder is perfect. If sanchez keeps to a turnover to one less than foles average this year he can keep the job for the rest of the year. I might take an injury or two bad games from sanchez for foles to get the job back.

The upside for this is that neither foles or sanchez will demand big money from the Eagles, unless one of them plays lights out for the rest of the year and goes deep in the playoffs. Foles was destined for a big payday, based on last year. Are either of them the long term solution for the eagles? Probably not, but its not enough to go overreaching for someone in the draft. The way things are going they will be able to attract troubled but capable starters to come to philly as a backups and i am not talking just game managing journey men kerry collins types.

The way kelly's offence works they may never need a long term guy, the turn around of qbs could be like they were in oregon or any college team. We may never see a franchise tag put on one.

i think we could potentially work the two starters against each other both foles and sanchez will likely want to stay in this offense (sanchez in particular has earned big money and will want to be redeemed in the eyes of the public now) so offer both long term but cheap contracts(for a starting qb) that have all the guaranteed money in the first two years (so its easy to cut or trade them after that if it does not work out) and keep the rest of the money to put talent on the rest of the team.
    personally i would prefer foles i think the guy still has room to grow (has only started the same amount of games as geno smith) but with this offense in particular id take either and if neither will sign a team friendly contract id nearly let both go (again neither is a rogers type and i think that their output can be replaced in this offense)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

There's dumb, and there is Kaepernick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

can't let wilson escape like that they had him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Should have stayed with first instinct but its so hard to be annoyed when the Cowboys lose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Decent day, if nothing great. Eagles offensive line was exceptional, Dallas just didn’t show up. 9ers offense is incredibly bad. When you contrast what Roman has done with his tools to what Fangio has managed opposite it is all the more glaring. Bad as Roman is though, Kaepernick has to be a concern. He’s just terrible right now.

And is if things couldn’t get worse for Chicago there’s two more primetime games coming up. I’d rather they were pulled from the league at this stage, it’s shameful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Went 1-2 on Thursday (had the Lions, but also Cowboys and 49ers)

Buffalo Bills
    Cincinnati Bengals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Washington Redskins @ Indianapolis Colts
    New York Giants @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    Oakland Raiders @ St Louis Rams
    San Diego Chargers @ Baltimore Ravens
    New Orleans Saints @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans
    Carolina Panthers @ Minnesota Vikings
    Arizona Cardinals @ Atlanta Falcons
    New England Patriots @ Green Bay Packers
    Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

Was very tempted to take Jags though, could easily happen and if it does I think there's a strong chance Coughlin might not be in NY this time next week,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not the best start by the Giants, really.

Half tempted to Red Zone this though, as Chargers - Ravens and Saints - Steelers have me pretty interested as well.

Andrew Luck with another turnover, on the Colts first drive. Every single week I say it - he won't be one of the very top guys until he cuts down on them considerably.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Andrew Luck with another turnover, on the Colts first drive. Every single week I say it - he won't be one of the very top guys until he cuts down on them considerably.
    AND ANOTHER!!

I agree, but also, a below average running game, and the offensive scheme contribute a fair bit, I do think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Well the Ravens really couldn't have started any better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hunter smashed, Mett picked off :(

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Well the Ravens really couldn't have started any better.

Well...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Have to agree. Ball security and a low Int rate, is something I'll always look at first over yardage & TD's.

Giants with yet another injury. Schwartz again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

Top class play from the Colts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Shaky opening two drives for Luck but was very good on that one. The lines needs to step up as well as Luck needing to keep the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Ravens secondary is just a complete and utter joke. It's testament to the front seven that they even manage to be in a position to win games.

Is Trent Richardson genuinely the worst rb in the league?

Hopefully Marlon Brown is okay there, looked like a horrible land on his head after a great catch.

On another note, it's very quiet in here today. :eek:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Hopefully Marlon Brown is okay there, looked like a horrible land on his head after a great catch.

On another note, it's very quiet in here today. :eek:

That was a great play by Flacco. Brown has had some great takes so far too.

BOOM! That should end Trent as the #1 RB anyways.

Carolina might be making some changes on punt units during the week...

How did Fleener manage to drop that? And how have the Redskins left him 15+ yards open for (what would have been) two long TD plays in one half?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

How did Fleener manage to drop that? And how have the Redskins left him 15+ yards open for (what would have been) two long TD plays in one half?

That was actually pathetic

Will the Ravens manage to make a stop on 3rd down this game? Must be 7 or 8 3rd down conversions already now for the Chargers.

I know its against the Jags, but Giants are playing some fluid stuff today. Jacksonville's offense is a mess, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

DJ Fluker, what was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Thank you Giants for Will Hill :D

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Thank you Giants for Will Hill :D

:mad::(

Feck off.

:pac:

He really is a defensive playmaker though. He's badly missed.

Advertisement