Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So what will the top 10 be like after this week?

I'm thinking it will be something like this,

1. Mississippi State
    2. Florida State
    3. Oregon
    4. Alabama
    5. TCU
    6. Arizona State
    7. Baylor
    8. Ohio State
    9. Nebraska
    10. Ole Miss

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

The process is still working for Saban.

Serious clutch play by Sims last night. Looks like Yeldon will be out for the rest of the season tho.

Yeah I can't see Alabama making it though. They play Miss. State next week and I can't see them winning that one and they might lose to Auburn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah I can't see Alabama making it though. They play Miss. State next week and I can't see them winning that one and they might lose to Auburn too.

Both at home tho?

They didn't play great last night by all accounts and they haven't really all season bar Texas AM.

They could be a team peaking for the right games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How ****ing stupid can you be? I'd drop him for the rest of the season for something as stupid as that. Brain dead stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This weekend's highlights.

Jerry Kill celebrates Minnesota's win by dancing to Turn Down For What.

TatteredOrderlyAfricanporcupine.gif

The perfect toe catch from Maxx Williams.

mscc.0.gif

But wait, in the NFL you need to get both feet down. Better do another one in the same game to satisfy those scouts then.

maxxw.0.gif

Kaelin Clay will never be known for anything else. Funny thing is, he went to the same high school as DeSean Jackson.

HatefulRedFalcon.gif

WEDGIE!

fZAr01u.gif

Best looking interception you'll see this year courtesy of Jalen Tabor.

ONE-HAND-INT.gif

And on the subject of one handed grabs...

strong.0.gif

Physics.

boykin.0.gif

Les being Les.

leseats.0.gif

And I'll finish with a feel good picture. Bryce Petty and 2 of his team mates kneel down and pray with Connor Knight, Trevor Knight's twin brother while Trevor is down on the field with a serious injury.

LuV9Dj0.jpg

i dont understand the letting go of the ball before the end zone its genuinely idiotic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Incredible clanger by the Utah player alright.

The Noles are -2.5 v Miami. Alabama -7 v Mississippi St.

Rankings are a bit surprising this week. Everyone expected Alabama to go into the top four I'd imagine but they stay at five and gat overtaken by TCU. Arizona State and Baylor the other two big movers and little ole Marshall still nowhere to be seen despite three teams who have lost three games being ranked.

Oh yeah and the 'noles fall to three despite another win.

• Advertisement

notre dame to 18 is harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

notre dame to 18 is harsh

I'm not too sure. They were unlucky vs FSU, but were very poor against Navy and Arizona State. Throw in the fact that the Stanford game looks worse by the week.

Leon Allen for Western Kentucky has 335 yards rushing and 3 TDs with 10 minutes left in the 4th :eek:

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I'm not too sure. They were unlucky vs FSU, but were very poor against Navy and Arizona State. Throw in the fact that the Stanford game looks worse by the week.
    Notre Dame lose to a ranked opponent though and Auburn lose to an unranked one(at the time) but they only fell to 9. Its ridic that a team who gets well beat by a ranked opponent fall more than a team who get beat by an unranked opponent.

There is a lot of ridic stuff going on with the rankings. Like the Seminoles are unbeaten and started at no.1 and are now ranked 3rd. Oregon have lost a game and are ahead of them. They've both beaten one top ten opponent so its not like Oregon have a super strong schedule or anything.

Bama get the lead with a safety but this game is tight. Bama on the move now but I just feel that Miss State O gets better as games go along and they always seem to get to grips with their opponent.

It just seems like the confidence is gone out of the Irish now. They look awful today after one quarter in a game they should be winning easily. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Roll Tide. Incredible consistency under Saban. And "The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" is still to come tonight..

238 rushing yards for Gordon at HT :eek:

15 yards per carry!!

295 now with 8 minutes left in the 3rd. Ridiculous!

20 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

20 minutes to go.

Unreal. Just running all over the huskers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

408 now and 4 thuds dude is a beast.

I don't think it matters what happens here now, the Irish will be dropping again. Out of the rankings if they lose it but going to overtime with Northwestern is going to have an adverse affect on their ranking position anyways.

Irish lost 43-40 and its game over for them as regards a decent bowl.:(

Disappointing for the Irish, season over for them.

This Auburn-GA game is unreal, very lively first quarter including fake punt and 100yd punt return TD chalked off. The overs backers are still rolling though

Canes up by 14 already, nothing new here, it seems to be the norm for the noles to give their opponents a head start of late.

Jameis fumbles it and the canes are likely going up by at least 3 more. Jameis has been very poor so far, OL too.

Winston throws a long ball into double coverage and its intercepted. Horrible play from him and the noles will be down by 13 at the half.

Noles get lucky, ball batted away and falls into the hands of Karlos who goes in for the td on 3rd and 11. 23-17 Canes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Mad catch by Nigel King

ku-0.gif?w=600

3.05 left in the 4th and the noles finally take the lead.

• Advertisement

Noles win again, its like they are just making it fun every week for themselves, seeing how much they can come back from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

eagle eye wrote: »
    Noles win again, its like they are just making it fun every week for themselves, seeing how much they can come back from.

Really thought they were caught this week. Surely they will get caught at some stage

The over on Virginia Tech @ Wake Forest today was 37 - the lowest total in the FBS so far this season. And even that is proving to be a mighty exaggeration. It's currently 0-0 with just over a minute to go in the 4th quarter :eek:

Also, Melvin Gordon's single game rushing yards record could already be under threat. Samja Perrine of Oklahoma is on 288 yards and 4 TDs with the second half having kicked off a couple of minutes ago.

378 now. He needs 31 more yards to beat Gordon's 408, and he has 17 minutes left to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Astonishing. The record lasted a week!

Perine is a true freshman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

What's the playoff picture for Ole Miss if they lose here today?

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    What's the playoff picture for Ole Miss if they lose here today?

Practically zero chance. It was a long shot even if they won today.

All set for the big one. USC @ UCLA on BT Sports 2 soon. Here's hoping we can get a win to set us up nicely for next week.

Baylor are going to make the playoffs. I picked them very early on and I still think they are the best team in football this season.

• Advertisement

Pick six :D

I guess this is why they call him Seven-Win Steve :(

I think you really have to take FSU this week, they are long overdue an absolute battering of somebody and there are reasons to believe it might be the Gators

The current rumour doing the rounds, according to sources, is that Urban Meyer has told Braxton Miller that the Buckeyes plan on moving forward with JT Barrett next year and Miller, though they would like to keep him, is free to transfer as he graduates this year. That means he doesn't have to sit out a year. And he has apparently already contacted Mark Helfrich and Scott Frost at Oregon, with the latter having travelled to Ohio to meet Miller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Marshall just got beaten by Western Kentucky in overtime by a two point play after a TD. Ridiculous final score of 67 - 66 or something. Lost track when the numbers went above 50!

Heartbreaking end to the regular season for the Herd. 12 - 0 season and prestigious New Year's day bowl game gone.

Iron Bowl time again. Both teams looked off-colour against FCS teams last weekend and it was probably because the focus was squarely on this weekend. Bama are going for the SEC title (which will be against Mizzou, who quietly swept up the SEC East yesterday, all the talk was of Georgia this year but Mizzou have now made back-to-back SEC championship games. No mean feat.) and revenge for the Kick-Six game last year. For Auburn it's just about manoeuvring for a better bowl game.. oh, and the Iron Bowl itself.

Hard to describe how much this game looms over Alabama the entire year, it really is one of the greatest rivalries in American sports. The last five winners have made the BCS title game (with four wins) and were Bama to win no one would bet against that streak continuing. Heard another good stat - Auburn have won the last six Iron Bowls where they've been nationally ranked going into the game. They're No. 15 today.

If it's half as good as the 2011 and 2013 Iron Bowls we're in for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Ohio State struggling to put Michigan away and they've lost JT Barrett to a nasty looking injury. Big 10 minutes left in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Syferus wrote: »
    If it's half as good as the 2011 and 2013 Iron Bowls we're in for a treat.

I still can't believe the finish to last years. One of the best I have ever or will ever see in my life.

This is from earlier this week, and Leonard Fournette may only be a freshman but he is a grown-ass man.

https://vine.co/v/OnKKDJ5XnUh

Paully D wrote: »
    I still can't believe the finish to last years. One of the best I have ever or will ever see in my life.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11952883&categoryid=2564308

I didn't even know about the kid stealing Malzahn's visor until now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Miss state really struggling on offence here. SO are Ole Miss to be fair.

Not going to be much offence in this one. Big call on this spot here before ht, ole miss driving

• Advertisement
Advertisement