Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused of me of petty abuse and name calling!

Options
  • 22-11-2014 4:22am
    Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

No need to be insulting to another poster......you were given rope by another mod already.y post

Man we all support our local airport! I used to fly galway cork and shannon if I had to dublin or knock.

But ill be perfectly honest a certain mayo poster on here has put me and countless other people ever using knock again its sad that a boy in a fantasty game world in a basment in Castlebay could effect a airport pax figures. but thats the power of Internet.

my aunts and husband live in headford a group of 5 coples 2hols a year now go snn or dub, Anyway shannon serves the wesr coast perfectly built in the mid west as in equal point on the west coast. You dont only call it west once you reach castlebar! Mayo is more nort west!

knock will have a place but it needs to sell it self sd regional short hops to city break destinations its not now or never will be standards of DUB OR SNN
    END OF MY POST

So Tenger came up with this great one of me : No need to be insulting to another poster......you were given rope by another mod already. WHEN WAS I WARNED?
    Also Tenger who are te people im abused and point out who im insulting which you clarm.......name them? Point out my agressive posting?

I Think a conversation about people that dont exist dont deserve infractions....like u claim I was agressive and insulting to nobody? Wow thats sad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi imurdaddy

Please confirm that you have followed the first step of the DRF process and contacted the mod via PM to try to resolve this.
    If you have please send on the PM's you've exchanged.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

yes I contacted the mod, who says I was been insulting to another poster even though I didnt. he gave a name of a user im supposed to be addressing and couldnt be further from the truth.

The poster Tenger mentioned seems to be able to abuse any poster he wishes, so I try not to draw him on myself as he is immune to infractions.

Thanks

Please send on your PM exchange.

In absence of a reply from you on your discussion of the infraction and potential reversal with the mod I have just reviewed your contributions on that thread.

Two things of note struck me.

Post #198 from mod Lord Lucan
    Mod note: Keep it civil and on topic,the Shannon v Knock v Cork stuff has been done to death and if this descends into another flaming war it'll be getting locked.
    This is a clear instruction to all contributors to keep it civil.

And immediately after this, post #198 is from you just an hour and a half later. I have to presume you read the mod warning, but even if you didn't the warning still applies to all posters.

After that warning the thread seems to proceed normally until your post that you were infracted for #222. And I quote:
    But ill be perfectly honest a certain mayo poster on here has put me and countless other people ever using knock again its sad that a boy in a fantasty game world in a basment in Castlebay could effect a airport pax figures. but thats the power of Internet.

This is personal abuse. Let's be clear here on this, you may not have named the person in question but to regulars of the forum your statement above is nothing but personal. With the prior warning by rights this could have earned you a ban, but the mod decided to temper that and infract you instead, something with hindsight may have been an error as your post does result in a retaliation and more moderator action later in the thread.

Please read the charters of the forums you post in and if you find yourself tempted to post anything like this again, don't.

Infraction stands.
    You may request an admin review if you are unhappy with my ruling, otherwise I will request this thread be marked as resolved in a few days to allow you time to think about it.

Hi OP

as there has been no response I am going to request this thread be marked as resolved.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement