Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rf wireless device for satellite dish?

Options
  • 31-12-2004 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

hi folks

i am having problems wiring my dish from its wayward location to the living room,

my brother is reluctant to go to much bother installing it, can i place it on the garage next to the house as theres a good view to the south/east.

will the remote wireless devices on lidl allow me to transmit the signal to the living room?

if not, what can i do, other than routing the wire from the garage to the living room, which would take at least a day, and maybe a few broken bones..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodler

You can place dish anywhere it's going to get a clear view to chosen sat (SW-SE). No way (that I know of) to avoid cable between LNB and box, but the box could be located in any convenient location (dry with power) near to dish, using videosender to transmit pictures to living room. Don't know about Lidl's but most video senders also allow transmit remote control commands back to the box, which is handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Lidl's videosender does carry remote commands back to the reciever

Advertisement