Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Coachford like to live in?

Options
  • 03-04-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

Hey all, myself and the better half are house hunting at the moment. I work near Mallow and she works in the city. We've been keeping an eye out for houses around the Coachford/Dripsey area but don't know much about the area. Coachford seems like a decent enough little area with all the basic amenities but I don't know anyone from there to ask.
    Anyone live in Coachford and care to offer an opinion? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Bassfish wrote: »
    Hey all, myself and the better half are house hunting at the moment. I work near Mallow and she works in the city. We've been keeping an eye out for houses around the Coachford/Dripsey area but don't know much about the area. Coachford seems like a decent enough little area with all the basic amenities but I don't know anyone from there to ask.
    Anyone live in Coachford and care to offer an opinion? Thanks :)

Have u tried ballincollig or blarney/tower area? There's a bit more life there than Coachford which hasn't a whole lot going on. In bad weather the place is pretty hard to leave with the icy roads etc. drip set the same price rent wise to ballincollig IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Coachford is quite a quiet town. It does have all the basic amenties. The Secondary school there is excellent. I would second the advice about the roads during the winter though. It is something I would research before I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Thanks for that, I had never considered the roads issue actually. We've been looking everywhere from ovens to Blarney and everywhere in between, Coachford tickled our fancy but we're still looking all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Snake_Doctor

Moved there 10 years ago - great place to live, local primary and secondary exellent, the roads are no different to any rural setup, but as you probably know its a crap commute to Mallow - windey and twistey!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Moved there 10 years ago - great place to live, local primary and secondary exellent, the roads are no different to any rural setup, but as you probably know its a crap commute to Mallow - windey and twistey!

Bad road into the city too no? Through Dripsey & ballincollig via classes bridge would be the best way? Good that it's only 15- 20minute drive- stil in bad weather I wouldn't like it! Second the schools being good, the second level school has excellent reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Snake_Doctor

It depends what part of the city - I can hit the Ballincollig bypass in exactly 10 mins then straight to Cork or in through Iniscarra for UCC etc.
    Seriously - the roads is a non issue - over the last 2 years I cant remember a day when you absolutely couldnt travel, a handful of days for probable ice - drive nice and handy and the same for flooding - passable but slow.

Advertisement