Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling To Rome

Options
  • 19-06-2017 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am trying to organise a trip to Rome for me and my girlfriend for her birthday. I am looking to go in September sometime. Is there certain areas in rome that i should be looking for hotels in or what areas are the best to stay in for tourists?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Rome has a few different areas and depending on what you want it would probably help guide where you want to stay.
    Hotels are cheaper around the Termini train station but it can be a little rough looking.
    Trastevere is where people recommend for night life.
    Around the Vatican city is nice and as is around the Pantheon.
    I haven't stayed up around the Colosseum but that is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I recently stayed at the Piazza Navona. Lots of nice restaurants in the area and within walking distance of a lot of the tourist attractions (Vatican City, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Colosseum, etc.)

The hotel I stayed in was quite reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

I have found a place around two minutes from the colosseum that looks nice. All the hotels further in the city centre are all pretty expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Darby_321 wrote: »
    I have found a place around two minutes from the colosseum that looks nice. All the hotels further in the city centre are all pretty expensive

If the streets around look ok then you'll be fine. There is a metro (underground) station nearby ('Colosseo') on the B line.

The metro in Rome consists of two lines - Linea A and Linea B, they intersect at Termini, the main railway station, that's all there is to it. Most of the stations smell of soot, it takes some getting used to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement