Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reclaiming Excise back on fuel.

Options
  • 10-03-2015 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

The wife was looking at the Citizens advice website today and she noticed that a change in the budget 2014, means that from now on reclaiming excise on fuel for disabled persons is to be done annually in January.

I did remember this change being forecast last year but had forgotten about same. Unable to post link but all the info is on the above site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I think from talking to other parents, they have not got it up and running yet so next month I am just going to claim as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

So here we are 15 months after the announcement of scheme being replaced and the new scheme still not in place, having talked to dept of finance they say they hope to send out a letter in sept explaining new system. So much for minister noonans seamless transition. Hope a snap election won't scupper the whole thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose speaking to your local representatives about it, local and state, might help get you the answers.
    There's a few independents in office with particular interests in disability, you could try speaking to them, send them an email?

Advertisement