Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devils Passage, Corcaigh Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 spirithunter

To answer your questions is i got my info from doing research and also from having the abtijity to see hear and talk to the dead i dont do it anymore because of what happened to me i am lucky to be alive.
    I was shown stuff like people murderd and never found dead bodies left in unmarked graves the remains were found 10years after i told others thati was been haunted everyday i could hear that creepy voice callin out my name the owner oe the mansion used to take part in the sick **** in the hellfire club and he was the one who escaped and left the rest to die.

The story continued
    i was a kid and had the ability to see things when i was a teen i was hearing a voice calling my name it kept calling my name saying break the barrier and set me free of course i got freaked and ran wasnt untij things really started gettin crazy somthing kept drawing me back to find out what it was and why it was tormenting me.
    I started seeing things into the past and what i saw was pure evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So nothing specific then?

I saw alot was chased by two ghost dogs and a very tall dark figure

I don't mean to antagonise really, but you seem to keep saying "I saw alot" it doesn't really mean anything though, where did 2 ghost dogs come from? Is there any signifigance to the figure being tall? Did it make it more menacing? How come they couldnt catch you?

If you saw where bodies were hidden and are still hidden why have you not informed the gardai? Do you not think the relatives of said bodies would be happy to have this information and be able to bury their loved ones properly? Also you could make a lot of money with "gifts" like yours.

• Advertisement

To be honest im sick of tryin to tell others i gave up years ago when i tried to tell somne and they just lauiee at me the dogs im not sure were they came from it seemp to me that the tall dark figure is a guardian of somthin whatever it is i have tried for years to find out but nothing there are more than one there the last time i tried to show someone were the dead was i was called a nut job a weirdo lauied at made a joke of

As for the magic side of it it was me who revealed what was really in there what happened was myself and a group of others were in the place one night and we decided to do a sceance only thing was i did it different i did it the unprotected and with fire what i did was lit a fire in front of it i drew a 5pointed star with a circle around it.
    I then sat in the middle and got 6people to stand round me and repeat reveak thy sele reveal thy self while i focused my power at the fire in the fire the head of a goat appeared i got up and ran for it when we turnd round we could see somthing tall and dark rise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

With regards to things, I do remember that incident somewhat (give me a break, it has been a few years now), and also vaguely recall how the environment felt... well, unsettling in places. It's rather hard to put one's finger on it to be honest, though I do recall hearing stuff too that night. Heh, gives me a shudder thinking about it. I do recall going round the general area with a conventional camera too at another point, and I have the photos somewhere which had some rather anomalous artifacts in them, though I haven't looked at them in great detail lately. I'm unable to scan them in either at the moment, as I haven't gotten around to setting up my scanner as of yet.

Now, before someone dismisses it as convenient, I'd like to add that I haven't been much involved in the paranormal/ghost hunting lately, so honestly it's mostly been at the back of my mind. In fact, the last time I did anything paranormal related was when I went back to Ireland for the Dublin Paranormal Convention, which was in either 2010 or 2011, can't recall off the top of my head. I couldn't recall exact specifics right now, but I would agree with my friend spirithunter that there's something kinda off with things round that area.

That said however, not everyone is either (as) sensitive to their environment or will believe things that are said, regardless of if pproof of something is shown. I myself have a spiritual leaning, but equally, I realise that most people won't believe what I tell them, seeing as they're rather cynical, or they demand proof which I'm unablle to provide. after 8 years (on and off) of being in the paranormal gig, I've kinda had a more balanced outlook of things, to the extent that I'd ideally want to try to get proof to back up my feelings/assertions, but ultimately, that's not always possible. The next time I go out on the field though, I'll be a bit more procedural with things, but at the same time, I'm not going to expect any evidence for what I sense.

Sometimes, the only evidence of something is what you feel yourself, and that's not good enough for most people. I understand why, but that doesn't mean the sceptic/cynic should dismiss people as crazy. I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, I'm just saying it in general. Either way though, we believe what we choose to believe in many cases, evidence or not. I myself am sceptical of certain things in another area, because I feel it defies the laws of physics. And while I believe that minor changes can happen, I don't believe what is claimed can happen. I'll not say what this area is, because people have difficulty believing in what it is, let alone the thing I'm tackling.

Point is that even if you believe in something, it is still possible not to believe (and/or want evidence of) certain aspects of what is being claimed within that belief.

Er, I'm rambling again... so I'll stop now. I'm not even sure if the above makes sense, but hopefully it does. I will try to elaborate where possible though.

It really is not hard to put up some pics of things you claim to have tbh

I will when i get my laptop fixed i have a couple night shots and like i said you wont believe me ynuou wanted the truth and i delivered but take my warning strongly dont go hunting the hunter wil become the hunted and when you are be prepared for what you will have come after you and storm keeper knows i dont **** with stuff like this it almost killed me

• Advertisement

Iam the best evidence you will get and sometimes photos catch but i urge you not to call upon the spirits of the park there are hundreds and you just might call upon themif they come for you and you are in the park at night the light is the only way you will be safe my own experienceces within the place almost cost me my life they are hard to catch on camera

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Sometimes, the only evidence of something is what you feel yourself, and that's not good enough for most people. I understand why, but that doesn't mean the sceptic/cynic should dismiss people as crazy. I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, I'm just saying it in general. Either way though, we believe what we choose to believe in many cases, evidence or not. I myself am sceptical of certain things in another area, because I feel it defies the laws of physics. And while I believe that minor changes can happen, I don't believe what is claimed can happen. I'll not say what this area is, because people have difficulty believing in what it is, let alone the thing I'm tackling.

Point is that even if you believe in something, it is still possible not to believe (and/or want evidence of) certain aspects of what is being claimed within that belief.

Well, as physics applies primarily to that of physical phenomena, I would not worry too much about the laws of physics in regards an area that is considered transcendent to the natural world ;)
    We could go as far as saying there is a variation of "physical" law in a different plane/dimension, but it would be (in the case of particular paranormal phenomena) applicable to its own plane rather than our own. (Disregarding for now alternate realities of equal physical planes etc., I'd be going too far away now).

When it comes to knowledge and attempts to convince another of one's views, your testimony is a form of evidence. We take testimony in the courts for example as a form of evidence. It is of course, a much weaker form, but sceptical people should be sceptical not so much on your account (even though they would not know you), but the idea of the paranormal because they have no experience in the field. I have never been abroad, but I take it for granted from a post I read online once that there is a town X in country Y that has a club called Z. Why? No empirical evidence, don't know the person posting at all - but it is a common form of testimony you may hear all the time. My friends at different times may talk about shop A, B or C in Dublin and I will go looking. Now, I have a little experience in the paranormal, and I listen to a lot of testimony (from those I know too), and would be more open to evidence by mass testimony in that field. On what basis had I truly ever had to believe anymore that there was a club called Z in town X in country Y? The fact that it could be more readily proven or disproven?

What then if we changed around and said there is a colourful bird known in a particular area to appear possibly every 7 days or so for a few minutes? We could stake out for a whole week and maybe catch a glimpse. If a place was genuinely haunted, a 7 day stay may easily suffice as time to perceive something paranormal. The difference in believing one testimony over another seems only to be in how mundane it is (credibility comes into account on the person whose testimony it is, and on again, the experience of birds "being around", rather than for example, a walking, toothed-octopus who appears every 23.4 days in a brief flash of lightning) - but for those with a little experience in the paranormal, then they would be a lot more open to it.

So here's what I am trying to get at (looking back now at how much I have gone on about this, too much epistemology almost unrelated to what we're dealing with here :D). The sceptic's problem is sometimes expecting proof from others, rather than to try gain the experience in it. Then, when a person provides a testimony of what has happened, the sceptic is more readily inclined to disagree - there would be better backing for example, if the sceptic had attempted to seek experience (and a reasonable amount - I have never gone bird watching for example, I would want to get a lot before I can attest to there being a rare bird) but never found.
    Of course, some of your proof comes from your own subjective feelings - not everyone would share the same wavelength of susceptibility to such activity as you do, hence they may never feel what you may feel in that area - but as I write below, the usual balance of rationality, open-mindedness, experience and practice etc. etc., the usual mixture people often talk about (this is leading onto a different discussion so enough of this!!).

So, from your testimony, added to many others in this thread, I think it is worth having a look around this area. Of course, a closed-mind is not so much not receptive to such activity, but almost subconsciously preemptively denies most sensibilia. However, having prior belief that the area may be haunted may cause almost an opposite effect for some whereby every little stimuli causes an adverse reaction and one may assert every occurrence in reference to the paranormal. For the sceptic though, keeping an open-mind but rationally levelled should help one make up his/her mind.

As for me, I'd like to take a look around, I'm more believer than sceptic, but very rational at the same time to distinguish casual or causal occurrences from those of a more unique nature. Innocent until proven guilty; I like that dictum, as horrific as it may be for others, and almost contradictory to this final paragraph :)

Good God I am sorry if what I wrote seems completely irrelevant to what I quoted of you - I just liked what you wrote and wanted to add some stuff to it. Too much philosophy these days I'm afraid :D

I wrote this all out pretty quick so I'm sure there is a mistake somewhere or bits I may have left out that leaves parts unclarified so please have at me :D
    (There is even a whole load more I am sure can be added to what I wrote, but I'll keep it at this for now; better to tackle certain sections if people bring them up, rather than trying to do so now in case some bits are clarifying or agreeable enough as it is - not saying anything is right though)

kryogen wrote: »
    It really is not hard to put up some pics of things you claim to have tbh

I told you why I haven't been able to upload anything at present... I'll get around to it when I'm good and ready and not before then. I have more important matters to attend to right now, as opposed to setting up a scanner, spending hours scanning in pics, then uploading them to somewhere. Ultimately, I get the impression you'll more than likely dismiss what you see anyway, so give me a good reason why I should upload these pics sooner to cater to your request? Maybe I am actually wrong, but it's the vibe I get off of you at present.

One reason why I don't even bother with proof on here (and most other paranormal comminities) any more is that there's too many people on here eager to disprove anything I (or anyone else for that matter) bring to the table as proof in the first place, so it seems like I'm wasting my time allocating an entire day to a lengthy task (I have a lot of pics) only to be dismissed by someone who likely hasn't even been in the field (or at least been in it enough times) in the first place.

It frustrates me that I do the legwork for something, then I have someone repeat some opinion that they heard elsewhere else, and refusing to give a reason as to why it's not being regarded as seriously as I take it. This isn't peer review by any stretch of the imagination; it's basically someone sitting at a PC dismissing someone's work without much thought purely because they haven't the experience that actually goes with being in the field on many occasions.

It's therefore rather insulting that for every hour of work that someone investigating somewhere, the sceptics/cynics, if we're lucky will put 5 minutes into their reply, if even that. I noticed that there's a terrible amount of proportionality with those who believe vs those who don't. Yes, I'm aware that not everything can be attributed to the paranormal, but I honestly don't think someone who puts 5 minutes (or less) of thought with associated response deserves to have their response considered that seriously.

I'm not saying that the sceptics/cynics should match the hour that actual people out in the field have done (though it would be nice!), I'm just asking for a little more effort in examining evidence as opposed to what basically amounts to nothing more than a glance. People should respect that they have actually done the time to back up their beliefs. The least the other person can do is give reasons why they don't think something is legit.

Lastly, before anyone dismisses me as having a hostile attitude regarding the above, keep in mind that I've had people dismiss me outright simply because they refuseto believe what I do and it usually degenerates into what basically amounts to a "ghosts don't exist!" - "yes they do!" argument. I like to think of myself as rational (certainly compared to 8 years ago), but when I come across sheer arrogance in one's belief, it really gets me annoyed because most of the time, the individual doing the arguing has absolutely no experience in the field, and they're so convinced they're right, they're not willing to entertain any other point of view.

It's people like that who ruin it for the genuinely interested people, and drive them off after thheir first post, or before they even have a chance to post. As I said before, not everything is paranormal, but does it really hurt for the sceptics to give more consideration to someone who has actually been out in the field and is basically trying their best to gather evidence? I'm sure I've said it before, but it's ultimately that attitude that puts me off providing any evidence anywhere, to the extent that 99% of the time, I'm usually fed up discussing the paranormal in general at present. Cynics have almost ruined things for me too, because I really cannot be bothered sharing outside a small group of people for wider debate.

For all I know, I may have (or eventually aquire) conclusive evidence that ghosts do indeed exist, but no one will ever get to see it because I'm so fed up with being critcised by armchair critics, I'd deem it not worth sharing, which is a damn shame and ultimately a huge loss for the paranormal community.

RedFFWolf wrote: »
    Good God I am sorry if what I wrote seems completely irrelevant to what I quoted of you - I just liked what you wrote and wanted to add some stuff to it. Too much philosophy these days I'm afraid :D

It's cool :) I think you basically were replying to my entire post, but chose that quote to start from. Thank you :)

Not a bother dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

It's cool :) I think you basically were replying to my entire post, but chose that quote to start from. Thank you :)

No probs! It seems that the problem is the trivialisation of what is technically a complex matter, and using this trivialisation as an antagonising matter against a complexity - either treat both as trivial or both as complex, and then move onto the deeper elements (move from trivial to complex). Yeah, I've had to face the whole conclusion of "sure it doesn't matter anyway 'cause none of it exists anyway" before :)

That probably wasn't that clear :D. One way I mean this is say for example sometimes the likes of a picture can be disproven instantly, but when some people use the rejection of one sample evidence as conclusive evidence against the whole matter (i.e., the whole matter not being the claim that this picture captured a ghost but that the area is haunted) is bad argumentation, and incorrect use of logic (shift from existential to universal quantifier, it's a logical fallacy)

Long and seemingly self indulgent post.

Hi, I have never requested nor will I ever request any evidence or photo's from you, I have browsed this thread/forum a few times over the months/years and it is a fall back that you always use when questioned about your claims.

It simply doesn't wash and as somebody who claims to want to be taken seriously and have their views/theorys hold any weight it is in your best interests to be honest in discussion.

Your excuses regarding the photo's have actually been going back 3 years you know, and your latest one is that you haven't been able to upload, in 3 years you have never had 10 minutes of down time to add some weight to your ramblings on here?

Come off it, if you want to have a circle jerk of "I know stuff, I have seen stuff" etc in here, that's fine, I am just tired of seeing you make up crap to get out of actually backing yourself up just once.

Does it matter if your photo's show anything? No, it really doesn't. But it would make you more then a parody.

Just so we are clear, you say you sense things etc that's fine, how can you be asked to provide some form of proof or anything for that? Nobody would expect that, and you are entitled to believe what you want to believe. All I have issue with is the constant excuses regarding photo's that you claim to have. That's it, nothing personal and nothing against what you believe to be true.

People believe all kinds of things, I am not going to judge you harshly for your personal theories.

Ok fair enough im not goin on what i believe im going on what i know and i am not joking and yes myjaptop is broke also i refuse to go back there even to get pics you wanted answers i gave you answers
    not bull**** i also warned you against that place and others well its up to you to listen or ignore yes i do know alot about that place and how dangerous it is the place feeds on fear anger anything on them lgnes if you mock them theyll come after you.
    I respect others beliefs and i know what the horse and carriage are

In 1803 a man named lord kilwarden heard of a threat on his friends lives the newlands so he got together a footman two henchmen a driver and a carraige and headed down toward newlands.
    On their way there the coach was ambushed and all men were killed none of the bodies werd ever found .
    The frigtend horses ran around the whole place and since that every year on the 23rd july at mid night the coach can be seen thats what happend with the horses but somtimes during the year the horses stil can be heard

Ok fair enough im not goin on what i believe im going on what i know and i am not joking and yes myjaptop is broke also i refuse to go back there even to get pics you wanted answers i gave you answers
    not bull**** i also warned you against that place and others well its up to you to listen or ignore yes i do know alot about that place and how dangerous it is the place feeds on fear anger anything on them lgnes if you mock them theyll come after you.
    I respect others beliefs and i know what the horse and carriage are

Are you and stormkeeper the same person? I am clearly talking to stormkeeper so maybe you use this as a duplicate account and forgot which was logged in?

• Advertisement

In 1803 a man named lord kilwarden heard of a threat on his friends lives the newlands so he got together a footman two henchmen a driver and a carraige and headed down toward newlands.
    On their way there the coach was ambushed and all men were killed none of the bodies werd ever found .
    The frigtend horses ran around the whole place and since that every year on the 23rd july at mid night the coach can be seen thats what happend with the horses but somtimes during the year the horses stil can be heard

I know the story, but the bodies never being found is a new part, also a lie. :) (His name was Arthur Wolfe)

Btw, the story is actually that John Finlay heard of a threat on Lord Kilwardens life and begged him not to travel to Dublin, Lord Kilwarden decided not to listen to this advice, and proceeded as intended accompanied by his daughter, Elizabeth Wolfe, and his nephew Reverend Richard Straubenzie Wolfe. They left the Corkagh Estate by the back entrance, near to the present day St. John's Road, and headed off towards Dublin City for Dublin Castle. Near Thomas Street, their carriage was ambushed by a number of insurgents, and both Lord Kilwarden and his nephew were dragged from their coach and were repeatedly stabbed with pikes.

Another piece about it

On the night of 23 July 1803, the approach of the Kildare rebels induced him to leave his residence, Newlands House, in the suburbs of Dublin, with his daughter and his nephew, Rev. Henry Wolfe. Thinking himself safest among crowds, he ordered his driver to proceed by way of Thomas Street; however, the street was occupied by Robert Emmet's rebels, and he was rapidly dragged from his carriage and stabbed repeatedly with pikes. His nephew was murdered in a similar fashion, while his daughter was allowed to escape to Dublin Castle. When the rebels were suppressed, Kilwarden was found to be still living, and was carried to a watch-house, where he died shortly thereafter. His last words, spoken in reply to a soldier who called for the death of his murderers, were "Murder must be punished; but let no man suffer for my death, but on a fair trial, and by the laws of his country."
    As you can see, they were killed near Thomas Street.

When the ambush happened the horses ran back to where they came.

So as you can, you are either lying, or ill informed as they were clearly headed away from Newlands towards Dublin City

The threat was also against his life not him hearing one about a friend, and he didnt have a whole lot of choice but to leave anyway as the rebels were on their way to his residence.

So which is it? Lies or you just don't know what you are talking about?

Edit: just realised you also lied about who he was travelling with too :)

So was this something you saw happen or are you just finding bits on info and making the rest up as you go along as I suspect?

Were ever you got that from i dont know but its you who happens to be misinformed it clearly states bx the council on the notice board that kilwarden was good friends with the newlands and was ambushedyand you call me a liar if im a liar then why do the council have the story up on the notice board he did have two henchmen a footman and a driver and was going to warn the newlands of a threat on their lives thats what i read and it happend at mid night 23rd july and i know lots of people that saw the coach you ****ing twat

Nice to finally let the true colours out isnt it?

Here you go Pinocchio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Wolfe,_1st_Viscount_Kilwarden

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/reading-room/life-society/irish-language-legends/myths-and-legends-of-sout/myths-and-legends-in-engl/corkagh-house-ghost-stori/

http://www.libraryireland.com/biography/ArthurWolfeViscountKilwarden.php

3 sources for you that show up your bull****

Now are you also Stormkeeper yes? Have you been checked for a duplicate account that has conversations with yourself?

kryogen wrote: »
    Now are you also Stormkeeper yes? Have you been checked for a duplicate account that has conversations with yourself?

I'll answer your post later (maybe), but how dare you accuse me of being a duplicate account without proof. Spirithunter is a friend of mine, and I'm well known to people on these boards, seeing as I have organised investigations in the past and there are physical photos of me up online. If you have an issue with he and I being supposed clones, then bring it up with the forum moderator and not accuse either of us of being duplicates.

I think you'll find however that my ISP is in the UK, while Spirithunter's is in Ireland, just to put your mind at ease. In light of what you have accused us of, I am debating if I should even answer your post to me now, seeing as you think I don't exist. On that basis, it doesn't matter what I say anyway as you'll discard it.

If you actually took the time to observe our styles of writing, you'd notice they're completely different. But it seems you're more interested in aggrivating people, so why should I give you the time of day? Once you've decided to cop on, I might be interested in talking to you, but for now, I will no longer directly respond to your posts, and I say that as speaking for myself, Stormkeeper and no one else.

PM sent buddy! No interest in dragging this out here any further

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Spent my teenage years in that park. Drinking, chasing women and generally acting the maggot. Have heard all the stories that have been mentioned here.

Once the sun started to go down we got the hell out of that park. It's a strange strange scary place. Never seen anything out of the ordinary but you did feel scared.

15 odd years later reading this tread and I got the creeps once again.

Question for the ghost hunting people.. If a homeless man was there for years on and off, why did nothing ever happen him??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

So whats the story with this place? Just that it has a bad vibe? I live near it so might go up for a wander and take a heap of photos if people want to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

I saw alot was chased by two ghost dogs and a very tall dark figure

How do you know they were ghost dogs? Did they have corporeal form?

This place is near the baseball pitch, I take it? Whats the quickest way out if things get a bit bogey?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

You know, it's been said that sometimes the earths magnetic core gives off fluctuations every now and again up to the surface. Maybe this is a place very sensitive to this phenomena. And couple this with experiments done, peoples magnetism being increase can feel fear, dread and the idea of being watch by someone/something. Could this be a possible explanation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

Im also very interested in paranormal stuff. I came across this thread a few days ago and found it very interesting, i live beside corkagh park but have never heard of this 'devils passage', so curiousity made me go up yesterday, I found it very easy, but there was No way in, the big gate is locked , 'danger keep out sign', and i climbed up to the open window, but didnt dare make a jump for it as it was a long jump down.
    i seen three kids jumping the wall though, and within 5 mins they legged it out and squeezed under the gate, looking terrified and sweat pouring out of one of them, i asked innocently 'whats in there', the terrified child said 'nothing nothing', i asked him why he was sweating and in such a hurry, then said 'its freaky in there, theres a floating tree and a jersey hanging', before i got to ask more, the three of them legged it off as quick as lightening.
    I walked around the whole area of the wall,to try find a way in, Im sooo curious now to get in there now and see it with my own eyes.
    Does anyone know why it is locked up?? Or if there is another way into the place?

Advertisement