Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera oil filter access

Options
  • 13-10-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

What is the best way to access the oil filter on a 00 N16 1.5 petrol almera for the top of the engine? I don't have any stands to raise the car so I can access it from underneath.

I have the oil and oil filter and want to change them but it just seems awful awkward to access the oil filter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Either way, your going to have to go under any way, you need to catch the oil and open the sump plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Either way, your going to have to go under any way, you need to catch the oil and open the sump plug.

I have an old 5litre oil can that I use to catch the oil when the sump plug is opened and I can access the sump plug no problem at all from underneath. Just the access for the oil filter is the problem and I'm wondering what is the best way to access it from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

you will have to get underneath its high enough up on back of the engine easy to access though

enumbers wrote: »
    you will have to get underneath its high enough up on back of the engine easy to access though

Ya I realise its ideally accessed from underneath but I'd like to change it tomorrow instead of waiting until I go the herselfs sisters and use her brother in laws father pit to do it. I won't be there for another week or two at the least.

im not sure what answer your looking for, how difficult is it to jack the car up slide under and change the filter?

• Advertisement

im not sure what answer your looking for, how difficult is it to jack the car up slide under and change the filter?

I don't have any car stands and don't trust getting under the car with the jack that comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

I don't have any car stands and don't trust getting under the car with the jack that comes with it.
    Well then buy the stands, you've no choice but to get under it.

I would be crazy to get under any car without axle stands, If you have a high kerb it would be enough to get under to do the filter. As I'm not looking at one at the moment I can't picture access from the top

I'm asking for advice on how to access it for the top. I know it's a lot easier from underneath but it's not an option for me tomorrow.

I would be crazy to get under any car without axle stands, If you have a high kerb it would be enough to get under to do the filter. As I'm not looking at one at the moment I can't picture access from the top

Unfortunately the kerb outside my house is not hight at all :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'm asking for advice on how to access it for the top. I know it's a lot easier from underneath but it's not an option for me tomorrow.

You can't really.......

I can just about touch it going from the top by going between the servo and manifold but it's not enough to get it off. The only way of getting proper access is from underneath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

You could access it from the top but you will be doing it by feel only so if your not familiar with it then you won't realistically be able to do it.

If you don't have any stands or a kerb to park it up on then take out the spare wheel, jack up the car on one side at the front and put the spare wheel under the front wheel. This will give you stable access under the engine.

You could access it from the top but you will be doing it by feel only so if your not familiar with it then you won't realistically be able to do it.

If you don't have any stands or a kerb to park it up on then take out the spare wheel, jack up the car on one side at the front and put the spare wheel under the front wheel. This will give you stable access under the engine.

Thanks Nissan doctor. That's great help and advice. It's just about to pee rain here so u have to put it off after all my planning to do it today :-(

Advertisement