Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MKi9200 car kit

Options
  • 08-01-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering is the MKi9200 still the king of car kits? Thinking of getting one for my car in the next while. Both getting it for the handsfree and also to run music and podcasts from the phone.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Yes, I like the MKI9200s.

I "upgraded" to a Parrot Asteroid Smart Mini, and it is cack compared to the MKI9200. Unreliable and the internet connection never worked, so all the benefits over the MKI9200 were nulled.

If you have the space on the dash and the €€€, look at the Asteroid Smart Tablet as it is touchscreen and looks to have a good set of apps.

Parrot's GUI is a good one, if you like (a bit like asking whether you prefer Tomtom over Garmin, I suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭pedatron

franksm wrote: »
    Yes, I like the MKI9200s.

I "upgraded" to a Parrot Asteroid Smart Mini, and it is cack compared to the MKI9200. Unreliable and the internet connection never worked, so all the benefits over the MKI9200 were nulled.

If you have the space on the dash and the €€€, look at the Asteroid Smart Tablet as it is touchscreen and looks to have a good set of apps.

Parrot's GUI is a good one, if you like (a bit like asking whether you prefer Tomtom over Garmin, I suppose)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I had a look at them but they looked like there was too much to wrong with them. The MKI9200 looks like the right balance for me plus I wouldn't have a ton of room on my dash either. Now to try and find the best deal.

I think I'll chicken out of a self install as well even though I normally don't shy away from DIY stuff. I'd much rather a good neat job rather than save a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

You will love the MKI9200.

TBH I used mine mainly as a ways of playing music off USB stick. The fact that it had Bluetooth and phone connectivity was just a nice bonus :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I have an IOtalk 2 in my car and think it's great. Chose it over parrot as it has a bigger amp for music if your into that. I stream all my music through it no wires needed or anything great bit of kit. Brought with me when changed car and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

One thing i've noticed is that the remote control is a little flakey sometimes. Perhaps the battery is on the way out.

Also, when you get into the car in the morning and it's very cold, the remote won't work. I literally have to slide the battery out and warm with my breath. >.<.

I think the unit in my car is not 100% correctly installed because everytime I start the car, the music starts to play .. not ideal.

But overall it's a great piece of kit. I'm seriously considering getting the adapter that will allow me to use my steering wheel controls for it so I can ditch the poxy remote.

• Advertisement
Advertisement