Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Android to Radio

Options
  • 28-12-2014 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Passed my test two weeks ago and I've gotten my mams car, a '97 Ford Fiesta. No cd player or anything in it so need to get something other than the radio working on it. Easiest way to hook my android phone up to the radio of a car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

3.5mm jack to tape adaptor. About €2.

100pcs-lot-3-5mm-jack-CAR-Audio-CASSETTE-TAPE-ADAPTER-FOR-iPhone-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-S4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Looks nifty, would I get my hands on one of them in a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Larger Tesco euroshops argos etc should have them

Finally got my hands on one of the cassette things, works fine, only issue is that the 'cassette' making so much noise like it's trying to be read. Any ideas how to stop this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭djo789

FM transmitter might be a better option

djo789 wrote: »
    FM transmitter might be a better option

How does this work? Bear in mind it's a 1997 Ford Fiesta and the radio/cassette looks like this:

marVnB0z9Rmk7jrQtJY3kMw.jpg

it transmits the audio over a FM you just tune the radio into the frequency set on the transmitter ( its a mini radio station)
    they can be subect to interference but generally they are a quick fix - I might have one lying around u can have it

I'll grab one of those so, cheers.

Got one of those transmitters, quality little things! Hoping there's a decent battery life in them.

• Advertisement

Cool - with the one I had I found the closer to the radio is is the better the quality audio

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Which one did you go for, Gavin?

djo789 wrote: »
    Cool - with the one I had I found the closer to the radio is is the better the quality audio

Got one of those non-slip dash mats too so it will be just above the radio! Only one thing is the radio volume has to go up to about 20 when using it when normally it would need about 7 or 8. Still though.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Which one did you go for, Gavin?

I got the cassette thing and the FM transmitter. The cassette thing worked fine but the cassette player in the car has something wrong with it so it was consistently making a loud and annoying scratching noise. Transmitter works perfect, picked one up off eBay for 6 quid. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CAR-WIRELESS-MP3-FM-RADIO-TRANSMITTER-HANDS-FREE-FOR-MOBILE-IPHONE5-IPOD-SAMSUNG-/191306195834?pt=UK_FM_Transmitters&hash=item2c8abce37a

Next on the list is a mirco usb car charger :D

Advertisement