Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dynamat, where to get a small amount.

• 30-12-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

As the title says, anybody know where I might get a small amount of this? When I say small, it's to put in the earcups of recently purchased headphones, audio have no need for a full roll of the stuff.

Or, anybody know of any alternatives instead?

All help/ thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭whizbang

Silicone and a bit of a mouse mat...

I have been looking for something similar, as that stuff is seriously overpriced for what it is.

A common alternative seems to be flashband or similar roofing sealant tape.

for your job; get some flowable silicone and soak a thick piece of neoprene mouse mat with it. You will have to seriously squeeze to mat to get it to absorb the silicone. Stick a piece of turkey foil on it,if you want it look good.
    'tis the season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

whizbang wrote: »
    Silicone and a bit of a mouse mat...

I have been looking for something similar, as that stuff is seriously overpriced for what it is.

A common alternative seems to be flashband or similar roofing sealant tape.

for your job; get some flowable silicone and soak a thick piece of neoprene mouse mat with it. You will have to seriously squeeze to mat to get it to absorb the silicone. Stick a piece of turkey foil on it,if you want it look good.
    'tis the season..

Thanks for that. Was thinking about flashband alright, only problem is it tends to get brittle over time.

Halfrauds do have two patches (enough to do two standard sized door speakers) for £20 on their site.

I'd still be left with loads, as I only need about two, 2" x 2" squares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭MobileAudio

I have some off cuts lying around. Pm me your address and I will stick two small squares in the post for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I have some off cuts lying around. Pm me your address and I will stick two small squares in the post for you.

You're an absolute legend. Thanks very much.

Advertisement