Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shredded paper

• 26-05-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭

lads,
    i am looking to get my hands on a large quantity of shredded paper for bedding, anyone any idea where i can get some?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Oh pity you didn't say this 3 wks ago - had 6 big recycle bags of shreaded paper.

I don't know where you're based, but maybe if you contacted this crowd - http://www.dgdpapers.com/ (061-491333) - they might be able to help you out - they're in Limerick not 500m from my front door.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Would I be right in saying that your after the 'stringy' long strips type shredded paper as opposed to the little 'flakes' of paper about .25cm wide and 2cm long?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

greylag wrote: »
    lads,
    i am looking to get my hands on a large quantity of shredded paper for bedding, anyone any idea where i can get some?
    Where you situated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Try your local greyhound track, there's a fellah who comes to my local track and is selling shredded paper feed bags, they're the right job for bedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭greylag

sikastag wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that your after the 'stringy' long strips type shredded paper as opposed to the little 'flakes' of paper about .25cm wide and 2cm long?

yes thats exactly what i am looking for, but that stuff would do the job as well, any ideas where i would get a load of it?

Where you situated

westmeath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

We always have lots of it in work, usually goes to recycling. If you want to travel to Galway city I can help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

yes thats exactly what i am looking for, but that stuff would do the job as well, any ideas where i would get a load of it?

http://www.irishfowl.com/bird-marketplace.php

If you look down the bottom, last ad has bags of it for sale, ballinasloe area.

Might be worth trying that shred-it crowd, they do all the shredding for HSE I think. www.shredit.ie

If you knew anyone in offices like hse/local council etc they would be a good bet, most of the office jobbies are larger string type shredders and the little home jobbies are those cross cut type with little flakes. They might be a bit of a b*tch to clean up?

I have little shredder at home but would only fill small binbag once a year! Sorry.

Will ask couple of people and pm ya if I come up with anything solid.

got sorted. thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

good good how much was he asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Heres a good way. ;)
    Electric-Paper-Shredder-2059301285.jpg
    argosautumnwinter08.jpg

elius wrote: »
    Heres a good way. ;)
    Electric-Paper-Shredder-2059301285.jpg
    argosautumnwinter08.jpg

would be a long time doing it that way for the amount i need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

I just spotted 5 black sacs of shredded paper at work this morning...If you want them i will put my name on em.....Let me know quick though!!!
    Im heading up to meath(fairyhouse) on friday afternoon...
    I can drop em off somewere for ya if your out that way....

dwighet wrote: »
    I just spotted 5 black sacs of shredded paper at work this morning...If you want them i will put my name on em.....Let me know quick though!!!
    Im heading up to meath(fairyhouse) on friday afternoon...
    I can drop em off somewere for ya if your out that way....

thanks anyway but i got sorted with loads of it, enough for the year.
    cheers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

thanks anyway but i got sorted with loads of it, enough for the year.
    cheers anyway.
    no worries mate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 primalprinting

lads,

Hi

My name is Colin Salter and I have a printing business in Morecambe.

One of our very few waste produces is shredded paper. I sell it to people who want to make their own paper bricks as fuel. It contains 100% Bond which I believe is the best for making bricks.
    I am also led to believe it is very good in dog kennels as it is a good insulator.

Is this something you may be interested in ?

Please have a think and let me know.

Kind regards
    Colin Salter
    Primal Printing
    01524 762018

Advertisement