Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST death scene !

Options
  • 08-02-2003 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

its all in the topic....

whats ur fav death scene from a movie ?

I quite liked
    The death at the end of Blade Runner
    ...cant remember the characters name though..
    and when joe pesci dies in goodfellas was class too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In recent times, from Final Destination 2
    ... when Rory had to split!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Bambi's Mum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

The Godfather trilogy
    any death scene, but especially sonnys. also any death in battle royale

Scarface
    the whole scene leading up to his downfall

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I went to see Irreversible in the IFC on Thursday, and I reckon the "death by fire extinguisher" scene was possibly the most horrific and realistic death scene I have ever watched (in a film).
    I am not squemish at all (in fact I usually enjoy a bit of blood 'n guts), but I found it genuinely difficult to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

I went to see Irreversible on friday and i'd say about 15+ people left after that scene and the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Highlander Sean Connery getting it.
    Predator getting it.
    Training Day ,if ya seen it ya know who.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Battle Royale spoilers:
    Kitano's death, and the lighthouse scene.
    Perfect Blue: when the photographer dies. Ouch.
    Jin-Roh:
    Kei's death. Thought the movie couldn't get any more depressing, you were wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ichi the Killer
    When he cuts yer man in half with his cool shoes

Actually theres lots of deaths in that movie that are unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

make sure you use spoiler warnings...whats this howwible film in ifc ? is it worth going to see ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The one in Robocop where the guy (can't remember his name) gets a smack of van after being covered in toxic waste was a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

For pure ****s n giggles, the Mask's death scene (although he didn't die twas very funneh :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    The one in Robocop where the guy (can't remember his name) gets a smack of van after being covered in toxic waste was a good one.

That was Emil. Class scene! But lets fact it , the guy deserved it.

Best part was when he staggers over to his friend and say 'help me!' whilst bits of him are dripping and yer man is like 'ugggh , get the **** away from me!' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Battle Royale spoiler :
    The last guys death, the guy who helped them, when he's dying on the boat, if you look, he has a boner :( the actors notice and keep making ¬.¬ expressions at it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Tusky
    make sure you use spoiler warnings...whats this howwible film in ifc ? is it worth going to see ?

http://entertainment.ie/cinema/review.asp?filmname=Irreversible

meant to be quite disturbing, one of my friends got sick when she watched it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Hahaha s0l , going to get out the DVD of it now and watch that. Well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight.
    Billy Zane is a demon out to collect the blood of Jesus from some guy, so he's a huge badass. He punches some cop, and his punch goes right through the cop's head. His reaction to this is fantastic - just an "oh".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

'Priest' death scene at the start of Gangs in New York, it wasnt gory or massivly violent, but it was just brilliantly done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

28 days later

In Jim's (?) house when one of the surivors gets bitten, the girl, long term friend and ally, has no hesitation in rushing, attacking him and killing him with the machette even before he even shows signs of infection...very brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

in cube
    when yer man gets sliced to bejaysus by the wires!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd have to say the end of "Leon".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Ronny Cox in Total Recall. I can't remember the exact quote but it goes something like ("AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGBLUBLUBLU"!!!) and then his eyes pop out in squelchy glory..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Final Destination 2 has some purdy sweet death scenes. All of them.

I cant believe no ones mentioned Platoon. The scene where William Daefoes character is killed. He kneels down, puts his head back and his hands in the air. One of the best film deaths ever.

28 Days Later

When Jim uses his fingers to push the soldiers eyes out or where hes holding the gun and a soldier runs into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

heh well there are plenty of nice death scenes...but now uve mentioned it so no hard feelings ehh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

In retrospect maybe not but from the kid inside of me. Jurassic Park, when the power is cut and the guy hops out of the jeep with the two kids inside and legs it to the jaxx and mr t-rex comes along, seemed pretty cool when i was 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Jurassic Park- hes bitten when sitting on the bog, how much cooler do you get?

anyway, in The Relic,
    when the big beasty gets the guy in its manidle thingys, holds him up for a few seconds, and bites his head off. not sure bout that one cuz i havent seen it in ages

and in Johnny Nmeumonic when
    the guy with the laser slices the a guy from the right hand side of his neck to his left armpit and the whole thing just slides off the body

and not forgetting
    all the cool deaths of the vampires Blade is hunting at the start of
    Blade 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

the end of Leon is a pure classic! nothing can beat such a good death....
    in fact if i've gotta die... thats the way i'm going to die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

As far as death scenes goes I like the many many scenes in "Saving Private Ryan"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

how can all of ye forget the start of blade1! OMG excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Darko
    I cant believe no ones mentioned Platoon. The scene where William Daefoes character is killed. He kneels down, puts his head back and his hands in the air. One of the best film deaths ever.

Beat me to it Darko.. :mad:

Advertisement