Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sudden loss of power (limp mode)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

That Amazon kit may not be suitable. You need vacuum rated tubing - any motor factors will have it in a range of diameters. Usually it's the smaller tubes that perish so I'd go and replace these first before getting into the more expensive components.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flatpack

Chimaera,
    non return valve is broken as you see cable tie around it and when brake paddle is pressed I can hear noise of air sucked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Ah. In that case I'd probably get it from the dealer. €45 isn't that expensive really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I agree, get it from dealer(or scrap yard), that servo hose and valve is probably the only one I wouldn't replace with vacuum hoses from car accessory shop.. If you are also saying you have vacuum leak elsewhere,, well then any car parts shop has reinforced vacuum hoses very cheap, so check size and buy length desired...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flatpack

I have replaced all vacuum pipes and all is good but with one little problem: vacuum connection to brake servo is through rubber connector (see image) this part is bit perished and I had to fix it with cable tie as it wouldn’t hold vacuum pipe tight enough, do you know what this part is called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

flatpack wrote: »
    I have replaced all vacuum pipes and all is good but with one little problem: vacuum connection to brake servo is through rubber connector (see image) this part is bit perished and I had to fix it with cable tie as it wouldn’t hold vacuum pipe tight enough, do you know what this part is called?
    Flanged grommet?

Advertisement