Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archive Widget not working

Options
  • 09-05-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Mods, hope this is the right section.

I have set up and run a website for a community group for the last year. I use wordpress and used theme twenty eleven when I set it up. When wordpress updated the core wordpress software to 3.5.2 I think, last December, it broke the theme so I changed it to twenty twelve. Everything was sound, just had a bit of work to do with layout and widgets.

Since changing to the new theme however, the archive widget is not working. Any month you click on just returns you to the latest posts. I've asked on the wordpress support forums but did not get any replies. I've done some research and what I've found out is you have to have a footer in the theme for the archive widget to work (which twenty twelve dos't have). I found this out after installing an archive list widget plug-in (which will not work either without a footer)

Question I'm asking, is there any way of adding a footer to the theme twenty twelve? I don't know any coding so I'm afraid to go near any of the theme files in case the whole thing blows up in my face :eek:

Sorry about the long post and thanks for any feedback.

Advertisement