Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

professional certification for cs?

Options
  • 08-05-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

I have been accepted into a masters in computer science. I am not sure I will have the time to work and complete the course though.

I was wondering does anyone know of any organizations that offer certification for programming like some do for hardware and network support?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

There are certs for java and microsoft stuff, but not for many other languages like c++.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sun Certified Java /associate/programmer/developer/architect etc.

http://www.amazon.com/SCJP-Certified-Programmer-Java-310-065/dp/0071591060
    great book. new one coming out soon for the new exam. That one still covers practically everything you need for the first exam.

Advertisement