Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Semi Final: Merseyside Derby at Wembley, 12.30 SAT

• 13-04-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Wembley-Stadium1.jpgwpid-Everton-vs-Liverpool.jpg
    Everton manager David Moyes is set to revert to his strongest line-up for Saturday's FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool after resting a number of players on Easter Monday.
    Defender Leighton Baines, midfielder Tim Cahill and striker Nikica Jelavic are all set to return having been left out of the squad for the 4-0 win over Sunderland.

On-loan Tottenham midfielder Steven Pienaar is cup-tied but Darron Gibson will return to the team having been an unused substitute earlier in the week.

Provisional squad: Howard, Heitinga, Jagielka, Distin, Hibbert, Baines, Neville, Coleman, Fellaini Osman, Drenthe, Gibson, Anichebe, Jelavic, Gueye, Duffy, McFadden, Stracqualursi, Mucha.

Goalkeeper Brad Jones is set to make his first start since December 2010 in Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final against Everton.
    The Australian comes into the side in place of suspended duo Jose Reina and Alexander Doni.

Defenders Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson are pushing for starting places having both made their comebacks from injury in the midweek win at Blackburn.

Provisional squad: Jones, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Spearing, Henderson, Kuyt, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez, Gulacsi, Flanagan, Carragher, Coates, Aurelio, Shelvey, Rodriguez, Bellamy, Carroll.

Source: Daily Mail

The stage is set for the most mouthwatering of semi-finals. It ought to be a thrilling spectacle, regardless of the outcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Everton to win 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Will this be on terrestrial tv anywhere or is it ppv only ?

EDIT: not Harry Enfield btw, I was asking about the footie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Everton to win it 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

greendom wrote: »
    Will this be on terrestrial tv anywhere or is it ppv only ?

EDIT: not Harry Enfield btw, I was asking about the footie

ESPN coverage starts at 11am with kick off at 12:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

is this in espn? dont see it scheduled for itv anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Either Liverpool spoils the whole day for me, or Andy Carroll scores the deciding penalty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Big Show.

Everton are going to be froathing at the mouth to beat us. Genuinely terrified, because a defeat tomorrow would be extremely difficult to get over. I could see myself avoiding football for a while after it. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Looking forward to this game now. Suarez to be the difference between the two teams. Hopefully Brad Jones has a good game. 2-1 Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Genuine question here for LFC fans. Does playing Everton mean any more to you than playing other clubs?

Obviously Man United is the big one cos you get all the banter that comes with it and all but I've often wondered about this fixture. Does it get your blood flowing etc? Are there many Everton fans to bounce off? Is it just another game? I'd really like a couple of honest answers please because I'm curious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

It is going to be a very emotional weekend for everyone so the players from both sides will be really fired up for this. Should be a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

2-0 Everton

What a job Moyes has done. Won more games than lost in the league.,sitting 7th with 5 games to go. Semi finals of the FA cup so far. Great manager. How much money has he spent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

This is one of those situations where having the semi final in London doesn't make much sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Genuine question here for LFC fans. Does playing Everton mean any more to you than playing other clubs?

Obviously Man United is the big one cos you get all the banter that comes with it and all but I've often wondered about this fixture. Does it get your blood flowing etc? Are there many Everton fans to bounce off? Is it just another game? I'd really like a couple of honest answers please because I'm curious!

Oh ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭baldbear

Is it just on espn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Trilla wrote: »
    2-0 Everton

What a job Moyes has done. Won more games than lost in the league.,sitting 7th with 5 games to go. Semi finals of the FA cup so far. Great manager. How much money has he spent?

I think it's about €2 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hon The Liverpool! :pac:

A win for Andy Carroll and co. means we're European bound, let's be avin it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Cagey affair with Everton to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The ManUtd match is the biggest one, closely followed by this match here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This is the bigger match for those who live in Liverpool, were as those who follow Liverpool over here I say Man Utd is the bigger game as there is more Man Utd fans than Everton fans.

But it still gets the blood going as its a big derby game and plus another family member follows Everton in my house so its fun on derby day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Derby is for Scousers, its Manchester Utd (and Chelsea since 2004!) for many of the rest of us I think.

My prediction is that Wemberly might be something less than full at kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Recently when Liverpool play I get this sick feeling in my stomach and usually watch the game with hands over eyes, I really hope they can do it tomorrow, after the carling cup final, the recent poor form and the blackburn match on Tue, might change teams to support as this is not good for my heart. Saying that COME ON LIVERPOOL.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Hoping Everton can carry the form into this game - If Everton play well, they will win this!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

This one really is hard to call. Everton are bang in form now and will be up for it big time. Liverpool - well, who knows how they'll play! I would like to think with agger back, that we will be solid enough at the back not to put too pressure on our keeper. Stevie normally performs in the big wembley games. Suarez will surely be at his annoying best. Big Andy will hopefully bang one in, as I think he is capable of a big game tomorrow.
    Kuyt might be the ace in the hole but I think we might cancel eachother out in an entertaining and nail biting score draw.
    Don't think it will finish 11 v 11 either ( hopefully our number 1 stays on the field!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

If we had Pienaar I'd be certain we'd beat them but I'm nervous with him missing. Would be tempted to start with Drenthe just so he could fire shots at Jones all day, however, can see him getting caught up with the emotion and getting sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Doocey wrote: »

A win for Andy Carroll and co. means we're European bound, let's be avin it! :D

Winning the Carling Cup assured our entry into the Europa League for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

1 of my roommates supports Liverpool, and other supports Everton.

It'll be a loud and fun morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Winning the Carling Cup assured our entry into the Europa League for next season.

We know. You see he's a Newcastle fan so if we win then 6th place will definitely qualify for Europe whihc would mean that Newcastle will at least qualify for the Europe League next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Morricone wrote: »
    We know. You see he's a Newcastle fan so if we win then 6th place will definitely qualify for Europe whihc would mean that Newcastle will at least qualify for the Europe League next year.

That's not accurate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Love to see Everton win this and I think Moyes and the Everton fans deserve bit of luck against Liverpool.

Fancy Liverpool though in extra time.

Advertisement