Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help walking dog - Bray

Options
  • 15-12-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey everyone
    I work fulltime and am owned by a lively Westie. I've just had to take out a whopping new mortgage to off exhubby, so trying to see where I can cut back.
    I've had a dog walker for years who's wonderful and my dog adores her, so I get her 3 times a week to take him on a long walk. My job just doesn't leave me enough energy to keep up with him and he needs loads of exercise.

Trouble is, now things are biting, I can't really afford the €36 a week this costs me. I really don't want to deprive him of his long walks - I walk hin myself morning and twice in the evening but maybe only 20 mins at a time.

Just wondered if there's anyone in the vicinty could do me a better deal. I'd have to be very sure they would have references and plenty of experience as if anything happened to him it would kill me.
    Any suggestions welcome. I do take him for longer walks at weekends but I also do extra work to try to make enough for these mortgage payments so my free time is very little. Needless to say I have no social life!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

Mmmh... what do you mean that you paid to 'off' the ex hubby :D Have you just incriminated yourself?!

If it were me I'd look around my general area to see if there are any avid walkers or dog lovers. You could approach them with a fee in mind. Do you have any relations or friends who could do it temporarily for free?

I'd post ads everywhere, supermarkets, pet shops, etc and just wait and see what comes in. Drop into your vets and ask them about it, they might be able to recommend someone... or pass your information onto someone who might like to help.

You can only try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JacksonB

Thanks for the input, will try those avenues.
    That was a typo. I had to make a large financial settlement on ex, so to 'pay him off'.

Believe me, it aint funny. Marital law in Ireland sucks.

Cheers.

Advertisement