Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports bras...

• 15-04-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to get a really good sports bra?
    I'm a dd-cup & want to try & get an affordable one: Sod's law, this will be the first area to shrink due to exercise so I don't want to spend a total fortune!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Arnotts do really good supportive sports bra's I think they are about €35. Debenhams had them too last week on sale at €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Marks and Spencers are probably the cheapest. And they are good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hi there,

I'm a 30E and hate sports bras. I find them bulky and uncomfortable. Instead I wear a nike running top with an inbuilt high intensity support. It states on the label that they are suitabole for up to a C cup. However I find that they keep everything where they are supposed to be even through a high intensity aerobics and step aerobics classes.

Here is the type of vest that I'm talking about. http://store.nike.com/emeastore/?sitesrc=europenikerunning&ref=http://europenikerunning.com#,en,IE,;stage,prod_grid-309117-309428-133636//145520//0--0|3
    They cost around the same as a sports bra and if your chest shrinks you can always wear a bra under it. Arnotts carry a range especially around marathon time, but their stock can be sporadic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

olaola wrote:
    Marks and Spencers are probably the cheapest. And they are good too.

I used to have one from there thought it was useless less support than a normal bra. For larger sizes anyway. Arnotts all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eefy

I buy mine from
    www.undercoverexperience.co.uk
    They have a good selection & don't charge for postage to ireland which is great.
    They have sales from time to time, so you might get a bargain
    I got mine for €26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Berlei Shock Absorbers are the absolute best. I'm a D-cup and do quite intensive training as well as some running, and I wouldn't use anything less. The bras come in different strengths, from 1-4 so you can find one that suits.

TK Maxx sometimes have them, or other brands, so it might be worth a look. I recently got myself a new Shock Absorber there for 8E compared to the normal E30+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Hi,

I find Marks & Spencer sports bras very good. I'm 34E and hate any sort of 'bounce', so like to feel secure. I have only ever worn the underwired sports bras from Marks, but have also tried out shock absorbers in the past.

I think the Marks underwired sports bras are best (for me anyway)
    I'm not sure about the non-underwired sports bras from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Marks usually have about 5 or 6 different versions in different 'strengths'. I usually try them on and jump around in the changing room to see if my boobies jiggle! Any commercial brand that you'll find in Arnotts etc.. Marks will have their own equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Thanks a million for all the suggestions girls!
    I will pop into Arnotts tomorrow & put them to the test:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭fits

I use the Berlei shock absorber. It is fantastic, but gives you a 'monoboob'. My good friends on an equestrian forum swear by the underwired M&S, which doesnt give a monoboob, and is very very supportive. Horseriding is very big-boob-unfriendly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I use the shock adsorber level 4 for my 34E's for running. I tend to use shock adsorbers for cycling as well but the prettier crop top version. M&S are very comfy but not supportive enough for me. Enell usually win any consumer tests but last time I checked they were so popular there was a 3 month waiting list to get one. They are also msall fitting. I bought my susal size and could harly breathe.

why you need a sports bra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

dudara wrote:
    Berlei Shock Absorbers are the absolute best.

I'm a 36DD, and I get mine on E-BAY for about €20 including postage. Absolute bargain

Advertisement