Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dita Von Tesse

Options
  • 11-04-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    I need your expert advice.
    Basically I'm trying to adapt Dita Von Tesse's look for an upcoming photoshoot.

I need advice on hair and make up.
    She has a very pin-up look about her and I want to keep with that feel.

Here's a few pics:

09.09.05-05:44:42-dita_von_teese.jpeg

dita-2.jpg

Thanks lads. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The first hairstyle just looks like a simple quiff and curling tongs job hun... (not sure with how long your hair is at the moment, haven't seen you in ages...) and lovely red lippie (try maybeline? or that nice lovely red lippie you wore to college one day... me thinks i still have the photo...)

The second looks like waves...

I know I've no expert advice but still lol...
    You'll pull it off no problem, your a brilliant model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

If you google info on burlesque dancers, you're sure to find a few tips. Here's a guide I found that may be of some use http://www.mookychick.co.uk/style/burlesque.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Wow that sounds really cool, good luck with it! Just off the top of my head, here's a few make-up suggestions: Use a foundation with a good coverage, and then top it off with a lot of powder to get that pale, matte, retro look. Pencil in your eyebrows and give them a good arch so that they're really defined. Use a black eyeliner on your top lid and loads of a really good mascara, plus an eyelash curler so that it's extra dramatic. A strong red lipstick is obviously a must, but sounds like you've got that sorted. Red nail polish would top it all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

A tip straight from Dita's mouth herself (well from her book ;)) is keep the "moons" at the base of your fingernails au naturel and then paint the rst to match your lipstick. Use medium to big rollers in your hair. Keep the foundation pale. Catflicks at the corner of the eyes are a very typical DvT thing to do.

She has a gorgeous style so you've picked well, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Thanks guys. Appreciated. And Adrieanne! You're on boards?!?! Hahahaha! Legendary! Lads. The advice means the world. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement