Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buntús Cainte- Useful?

Options
  • 02-12-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm doing LC HL Irish and want to improve my aural and oral Irish and also want to pick up more vocab to hopefully become more comfortable with the language, would any of you recommend Buntús Cainte for this.

All other recommendations are very welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Buntús Cainte is excellent but not really suited IMO to higher LC, you'd be better getting some of the Adult learner Audio Books, as these would have a more varied vocabulary

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gulfstream757

Thanks very much for your reply, could you recommend any titles of books that would be good?

Dúnmharú ar an Dart is excellent, have a look at www.siopa.ie and www.cic.ie and you should find some good ones,
    Where are you based ? If you are near Dublin you could pay a visit to Conradh Na Gaeilge harcourt street, they have an extensive selection in the bookshop there.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gulfstream757

Thanks very much, I'm in Dublin actually so may pay them a visit, would you have any suggestions for grammar books? Preferably one that's relatively easy to use. Again thanks very much for your help

Thanks very much, I'm in Dublin actually so may pay them a visit, would you have any suggestions for grammar books? Preferably one that's relatively easy to use. Again thanks very much for your help

If you want to PM me your mail address I can send you the christian brothers Irish grammar handbook in PDF format, that someone posted here years ago. If you want to buy one, this one HERE is very comprehensive

21/25

• Advertisement

Actually here it is, I was able to upload it

21/25

Advertisement